30 posts
Angola
funny
wordles world would I go YES!
#3August 4th, 2006 · 03:43 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
wowow, dude, you guys are getting better, but I'm STILL not hearing any vocalists in there!!

well that's okay, if you don't have one, don't try to force it in there and focus on what you CAN do. it's getting better. good groove, decent mix (sounds very live), though the main chord progression also sounds a bit like a Rolling Stones tune. glad you choose to sound more Doors like though...

so, nice one, and JAM ON...
#4August 4th, 2006 · 08:40 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
cooking lads , you know you've got a real 60s retro sound going here .yeah the doors .
#5August 5th, 2006 · 07:40 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
Hey PX, yes... no singer... i dont know when we will record with the singer, we happen to record when shes not there really... and we are sort of using up all 4 tracks on the 4 track... we will think of something.

the one song i thought was totally off what we normally play.. here we go everyone saying it sounds like Doors again..     Thats cool, i love the Doors, id love to sound like them aswell 
#6August 5th, 2006 · 11:59 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
nice
hey Chill..I like this   ... the music is really nice....pretty good mix also  from what i can tell....  keep rockin man

Ralph
#7August 22nd, 2006 · 03:30 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Pretty nice blending of sounds on this one.  The playing is getting much better, and so's the recording quality.
Decent construction for a song........
But................
                       where are the vocals!!!?

#8August 23rd, 2006 · 05:23 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
very nice.

no vox needed. would be nice. but not needed.

yes quite door-ish.
#9September 3rd, 2006 · 03:52 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
steady rock. nice song. where are the lyrics?
#10September 3rd, 2006 · 05:51 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
like it! too bad the basedrum is not there, cant u you spare a mic for it somehow?

you got a stereo track here (obvious), why dont you get that in your 4-tracker, and you have 2 channels for vox there....
or.., well, if you wanna know more just ask anytime

but anyway, you are getting better,

with vox this rocks!
#11September 3rd, 2006 · 09:12 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
60 posts
United States of America
I suppose you could always get another guitarist if you don't like singers 

nice jam!
#12September 4th, 2006 · 01:49 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
MaxDb, i feel the same about the kick drum, hes got a really good beat with it aswell, we actually do have a mic up to the kick drum, but somehow it dropped out.... something went wrong somewhere just on that particular day because we have always had the kick nicely miced.
Not the beatles..... nothing against singers, it seems they have something against us though because we cant find anyone who is interested in being in the band...

Thanks for the kind words though, appreciated.
#13September 4th, 2006 · 08:48 AM
12 threads / 7 songs
45 posts
United Kingdom
Chill wrote…
Hey PX, yes... no singer... i dont know when we will record with the singer, we happen to record when shes not there really... and we are sort of using up all 4 tracks on the 4 track... we will think of something.

Can you not bounce on your 4-track? Or, can you connect it to your PC, and put the 4 tracks on there, then record the vocals, put those on the PC, and edit it there?

Nice song, i like it.
#14September 5th, 2006 · 01:47 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
hey captain... umm first of all we record live, all at the same time, but well we can bounce tracks but you need a spare track to bounce tracks onto otherwise we will have to wipeout whatever is on the track you bounce to and we use all 4 tracks...

It's analogue so the only way to get it on computer is through line in (thats how i get the songs on here) and that would mean we would have to record each track on a seperate wave file... here it gets confusing... i tried this but it doesnt work because we record at high tape speed and being analogue, the 4 track isnt 100% precise... so everytime you play it will not always play it at the exact same speed everytime meaning that the song length will sometimes be a tad shorter or a tad longer, this makes little difference when you play it all at once, but when you record each one seperately on the computer then join them, they arent together and get quite out of time towards the end... The only way i know that we can fit vocals on our recordings if we want to keep it a live recording... is to plug everything into a mixer then stereo output into 4 track then record. What we lose then is the ability to alter and 'master' the volumes of each individual track afterwards when i output it to computer, which i love doing so dearly... hence no mixer... no vocals... 
#15September 5th, 2006 · 02:32 AM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
I agree - kinda rolling stones-ish.  Re; the kick drum...I haven't recorded with mics for about 3 months for various reasons so I can't remember which way round this is, but if you move the mic closer or further from the kick you will get more bass.   I think further is more bass but I might have that backwards - same goes for guitar amps.  Great tune tho.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 6:15 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.