1 2 3

#1July 19th, 2006 · 12:27 AM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
band amp addict

This song is not in a battle

wellllllllllllllllllllllllllll this is my very first composer and i am happy to say my fist noodle ever it is a bit long and repeditive but this was mostley to see if i could work fl studios properly............ and i can!!!!!!!!!! so here you are for shi*** and giggles i give you a little paper dolls versaion of a band amp addict

paper girl

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 19th, 2006 · 12:32 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
122 posts
United States of America
COOL SONG!!!!!! A GREAT Idea!!!!  A couple rough spots...

Keep working on it! You will do GREAT!!!!

I think EVERYONE ON HERE is an ADDICT!!!!!!! hehehe

I got the FIRST Post WOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! HAHA

-NT4M
#3July 19th, 2006 · 12:43 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Not me
Iam not a Bandamp addict...ohhhhhhhhhh, I know...you think Im in denial....Im not a bandamp addict
Nice creativity LiL ..I like this

Ralph
#4July 19th, 2006 · 12:44 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
real cool this is very good
this is real good alot better than the goat could do. I'm thinking of startin a 4/4 step program to help all the addicts. some might just have to do 3/4 LOL. Very good song I like it.
#5July 19th, 2006 · 12:53 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Hello
My name Is Jimk and I am a Bandamp Addict....

I guess I realized I hada problem when I was working on a Life Safety system, and started singin "Bandamp Freaks" very loudly....

This quickly escalated into "Color me gone" as they threw me out of the facility... My Boss gave me a three day suspension causing me to go into a chorus of "I like Doing Nothing".. He then asked me what the he*l my problem was, which threw me into Psychosis.. Thus sealing my doom...

Jim K
#6July 19th, 2006 · 01:29 AM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Okay, I am an fl artist myself, and I dont know if this was the style you were going for, but it definatley needs balance. It's distorting everywhere and the EQ is way off, the time is way off.

Its  a good first effort, but it needs work.

And just for reference, people who have used FL know those drumloops immediatley, and if you want to sound original you're either going to have to make your own or find new ones.

Funny song nonetheless, and I admire it for that.
#7July 19th, 2006 · 01:30 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
well I think you've proved that addiction isn't necessarily a bad thing

I liked the "my name is..." parts. nice touch.

anyway, great first song. looking forward to... more?
#8July 19th, 2006 · 01:34 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
whahaa, this is great stuff!

real nice 1 for a first FL composition!

the rhythmic flow is great and the robotic voice just keeps you listening!

now, for a next step, some arpeggiated synths and intriguing bass lines, and soon you will be able to create and sell your own CD!

mwahaha won't that be luvly!
#9July 19th, 2006 · 01:37 AM
26 threads
86 posts
United States of America
I've had quite a bit of experience with FL studio myself, a great program indeed. My first suggestion is watch your levels, the VU meters are the ones that show the level of each track in the mixer. If you see it go high in the yellow or to red this causes a lot of problems and it starts degrading sound quality. The drums achieve this almost instantly in the low register, and it kind of masks the song from thereout.

A quick lesson in case you don't already know. You can assign instruments to mixer channels by opening up the main window for them (just click the instrument on the step sequencer and the window pops up) and changing the number in the upper right hand corner. Then you can pull up the mixer and balance things out track by track. Assign all the drums to one channel, and each other instrument to another channel and you can compare levels to achieve a better balance.

I LOVE that intro tho, it really made me laugh. "Everyone is band amp addict!!"

Keep it up! You'll have the hang of it in no time!
#10July 19th, 2006 · 01:54 AM
14 threads / 10 songs
68 posts
Mexico
Since it's your first song I can only say that it works fine to have fun, though I wouldn't like if you'd keep on that style much longer, you could end up being like me and it wouldn't be nice, you could never be a famous shining star.
Just keep working, never give up, it's all about practice.
#11July 19th, 2006 · 04:37 AM
5 threads / 3 songs
17 posts
United Kingdom
Heheh, this made me laugh! Loving it!
#12July 19th, 2006 · 05:51 AM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: band amp addict
cool start

just a quick tip 2 tidy up fl
in the top of the fl page you will see a box that says 'snap'
this helps 'line up' the patterns when u put them on the playlist
set it to 'bar'

loops will now fall into 'quantized' place when u put em into playlist

fish
#13July 19th, 2006 · 11:22 AM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
ok then mr. fish thanks alot also thanks to every one else who voted and or replied this was a lot of fun to make (when i want screamng my head off at the darn thing to load and or be formated and or send the file to others when needed........ so he-he yeah loads of fun )

as for the style and what micosis said.... im not looking to be famouse and i happen to like this style more and more although it's fairly new to me, i think i will do it more because it is alot of fun and thats really all im looking to do-- ave fun and put together some beats to make others happy! lol aint that the music experaince? getting famouse and all that is jus ta nice little bounuse

once again thanks alot every one it means alot! im fairly proud of my first try ( althought it does need some more work )

paper girl
#14July 19th, 2006 · 11:23 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
CONGRATS!
What a good job for you first song!  I am impressed.  Take everyone's good advice about using FL, and you will be a pro in no time!

YAY! 
#15July 19th, 2006 · 01:05 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Wow, Alittlepaperdoll! As someone who has known you for several months now (and I remember how new all this was to you), I am seriously impressed by the strides you have made in developing skills, taking risks...and trying stuff!. This is amazing (particularly when I think of how much you have learned in such a short period of time). Keep up the good work...looking forwards to hearing more from you!
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:21 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.