DPMB

This song is not in a battle

A few-years-old song.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 29th, 2006 · 01:49 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
well, this sounds like a nice rock tune. definately has some late 60s / early 70s feel in there, mainly via the emotion in the vocals and lyric subject, but as a whole the song is contemporary, it could fit on the radio (though I am hearing a slight noise in the background). The subtle harmonies in the chorus is very good, gets the feel through really well.

so, nice song, looking forward to more of your work.

and, welcome to the Amp
#3May 29th, 2006 · 04:03 AM
10 threads / 10 songs
101 posts
United States of America
thank you
I was going for radio-friendly; sick of not getting paid. I think it's the second song I ever wrote. The noise might be unbalanced V-drums connection. We didn't have DI boxes at the time, and it's not mastered.

When we played in concert, he plays very "out there" with 1s and 3s that are rock solid, but the 2s and 4s are a bit slack.

It it that obvious that I love that Rush, Journey, Zeppelin-type sound? I even mix like that, notice.
#4May 29th, 2006 · 10:48 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
this is a nice song. I like the harmonies.

Sounds very professional.

So this was a band? Are you playing any of the instruments also?

I like this. but if I had to change anything, I would bring up the dist guitars a bit more during the chorus.

I like the background guitars better at 1:38... very nice.

I would also like to hear more...
#5May 29th, 2006 · 02:20 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
I really like the mood of this one... it kind of turns apocalyptic at the end. A lot of emotion going on.
Instrumentation is very nice as well.
#6May 29th, 2006 · 02:23 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
welcome to the amp!

You've got sort of a carly simon voice...cool.  I found the DPMB part a bit repetitive, but other than that I really liked it. 
#7May 29th, 2006 · 04:27 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
HMmmmmmmmmmm
I'm kinda on the fence on this one,I like the recording and the feel of the song,your voice is nice but I think on the outro(DPMB)it should have had more energy from the guitars and drums like an over the top solo from both with the DPMB kinda set to the back a little.Do you know what I mean?Sometimes I don't even know lol.
#8May 29th, 2006 · 11:44 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
dpmb
I like the feel of this song, only thing is the outro is a little long, or maybe needs something like a whole step modulation(just ideas i hear). anyway good job.
#9May 30th, 2006 · 04:02 AM
10 threads / 10 songs
101 posts
United States of America
song
The ending with the repetitive choruses is designed for guitar/keys soloing. I think it's repetitve, too, especially after the several-th hour standing in the bathroom with a Shure stuck to my lip.

I think the distorted guitars are still too heavy. This isn't mastered cuz' I don't have mastering gear.

Drummer Steve and I were a band, the guy doing keys, guitars, and bass was with the Baldwin Brothers. I'm all the voices.
#10May 30th, 2006 · 06:03 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
love your voice, feminin but not 'girlie'

keys and guitars are wonderfull too, but i could use some more epic solo in this,

i like Basketcase's suggestion to get it more rocky, but the spere is nice and easy as it is now  too
if you did mix it yourself, you did a nice job!

hope to hear more!

Max
#11May 30th, 2006 · 01:30 PM
16 threads / 15 songs
108 posts
Bulgaria
™ReFleX™
I really like the song.Great vocals and harmonic instrumental.I think it's beautiful song.Keep going to the top girl...

P.S.You have to work on the drums little bit more.
#12May 30th, 2006 · 07:17 PM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
The recording is well done. It's good, i like it
#13May 30th, 2006 · 10:56 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
101 posts
United States of America
hi
They're V-drums, so not much I could do to change that fact. I cold have brought up a boomier low end, I think.
#14May 30th, 2006 · 10:58 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
101 posts
United States of America
Oh,
PLayed by an actual drummer who actually prefers them! Hm! However, he gets credit for noticing what I missed, that the choruses have a slightly different count than the verses, due to some odd-overlap with the computer. I think it's 60 and 61 bpm.

Since I don't usually count, it's a hard habit to get used to. I never did it when I sing.
#15June 1st, 2006 · 12:01 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
not too bad...

I think carly simon-ish  voice is a fair description.....   I think also that v-drums are awesom if mixed right...  they are way more realistic sounding than othe relectronic drums, and much easier to record than acoustic... although nothing beats an acoustic set for raw sound...

back to the song...  the DPMB part is repetitive, but it is necessary to convey the mood of the song, so kudos for that ...   The overdriven guitar part should be driven hotter, and then dropped back in the mix a bit.. (more ditortion, less gain) that would give a better emphasis on the mood.. the cleaner, jazzy, reverbed guitar part, could use some chorus effect, for more fullness when the overdriven guitar is playing, otherwise it gets hidden by the muddines...  Overall the song itself is cool... and it sounds wonderful...  these are suggestions that I have, things I would change... but I am not you, and you know your song better... 
         Jim K
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 4:46 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.