1 2 3 4 5 6

#16June 4th, 2006 · 04:49 PM
50 threads / 43 songs
130 posts
Netherlands
WHY AREN'T YOU A FAMOUS ROCK STAR YET?????

man your songs are awesome, very professional!!
#17June 5th, 2006 · 01:43 PM
9 threads / 4 songs
209 posts
India
nice romantic son in the starting  and turns to a new age song.. but very weird..
#18June 5th, 2006 · 01:48 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
53 posts
United Kingdom
I love, love, love this! A really organic feel. I particularly like the way the drums phrase with the rest of the band. Ah, the joy of real musicians playing together. I'd quite like to hear the harmonies in the chorus brought forward a little with less reverb just to keep that intimate feel however that's just personal taste.
Journey would be proud to stick this on one of their albums.
#19June 7th, 2006 · 04:52 AM
8 threads / 3 songs
102 posts
United Kingdom
Really well done track...

This style of rock isn't one of my favorite genre's, but i cant fault it at-all, the mix on everything is perfect, can definatly see this being performed in a football stadium at some point...

Well done
#20June 7th, 2006 · 07:39 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
11 posts
United States of America
Man! Does this bring back memories!

You know, at 42 years of age, I have seen many styles of music come and go. This song (and Sweet and Sour Sue) bring back memories of a time when guitar rock ruled.

Whereas Sweet and Sour Sue is reminiscent of old Seger and Foghat, this one reminds me of the early days of of the 8os metal bands, when they still made good songs.

When you can put out music that transports someone to another place and time, then that is when you know made it...and brother, you have made it.

Rock on!
#21June 7th, 2006 · 08:10 PM
11 threads / 11 songs
73 posts
Canada
WOW
WOW.
WOW.
WOW.

I would go and see you anyday. Especially Sunday.

Thanks.
#22June 8th, 2006 · 01:13 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
no peddles were hurt or used
No peddles were hurt or used in any of these recordings except one. Ibanez tube screamer in front of the bassman on sweet-n-sour sue. Any chorus or effects were added later by Ed at his discretion, he held the reins on the mix.  Besides I likes the chorus(I think Ed deserves alot of praise on his mixing capabilities). Glad you guys like this song. We try to focus on things that brings the vocals out in the band. If we can get a Indie, or some label, to still want to try a hand at this style of music ,we would go out and play our goats off till we were toasted.  

Greg
#23June 8th, 2006 · 11:53 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
just wanted to add my voice of praise to the heap. To me, this is nothing short of professional (and better than most pro's I hear). The singer (whoever he is) is amazing, this mix is phat and satisfying to me. I happen to really miss guitar-centered rock and this helps to satisfy my craving for it. Bravo! Encore, please!
#24June 9th, 2006 · 01:54 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
25 posts
United States of America
re: Rains
i like the sound quality it sounds great and it has a nice melody to it
#25June 11th, 2006 · 04:25 AM
15 threads / 5 songs
76 posts
Australia
i agree with everyone this is a dam good song, real '80s style i think it's great. Good rock man defiantely enter this into battle
#26June 11th, 2006 · 09:28 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United States of America
Jcky
i like the beggining its really good sound and the distorsion clean i'd would of like to have heard a more powerful chorus but the vocals r nice
#27June 11th, 2006 · 11:19 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
101 posts
United States of America
impressed with guitar sound...
BUT, I don't like the blast of volume at the entrance of the other guitars. Maybe more compression-we're not doing classical-it's OK. Frankly, that always annoyed me a great deal about classical!

Who does it remind me of? Not Journey--his voice is much different, with a totally different writing style...I do like the singer tho, who is it? Not quite like Dave Coverdale, (Whitesnake) he's the opposite of Perry, with a voice that sings a lot lower in general.

Do you study music/vocals? I was just thinking about what I'd do with music if I were 16 again.

Maybe it's just me, but the "S" sounds is a bit too much. Computer speakers aren't the place to be definitive about such things. If memory serves, that's at the high end of the EQ. 12 kilohertz, and up I think.

Very 80's but then I have Steve Perry tattooed to me, so that's a compliment. I listened to it a few times.
#28June 19th, 2006 · 10:36 AM
9 threads / 4 songs
209 posts
India
all i can say

is it is nice....
#29June 19th, 2006 · 04:37 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
17 posts
United States of America
kool
good
#30June 19th, 2006 · 07:34 PM
1 threads
52 posts
United States of America
Awesome stuff! Love the vocals, especially the lead singer. The more I hear his voice, his range and flexibility, his phrasing, the more I like it.

I do agree with several other posts, I would have gone with a little less reverb on the background vocals, and brought them up a bit more. There were a few chord resolutions/shifts in the vocals that I had to strain to hear, and would have liked to been a bit more present.

But overall, I really like this song. The band is tight, everything works well together. The guitar solo fit well musically without being overdone.

I love it when musicians have reached a certain level of proficiency, and they can focus on making music instead of worrying about the fundamentals. Everything comes together and when it works it's exhilarating!
1 2 3 4 5 6

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 7:27 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.