1 2

#1May 17th, 2006 · 10:07 AM
12 threads / 7 songs
46 posts
United States of America
False Idol

This song is not in a battle

Don't throw stones. I'm new. The drum intro is long and the mixing is unbalanced. I know it. You know it. Room for improvement Haha...Anyways, be gentle with your comments and criticisms.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 17th, 2006 · 10:34 AM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
Your guitar strokes don't fit. Try just lots of downs then a couple of slow slightly heavier ones on the final two chords. That would sound preet sick I reckon (sick as in good ).
Yer the mixings sketchy and yer it needs work but you said it yourself so...
Maybe break into something slitghtly more dramatic for the chorus. Some distorted guitar and slightly more belted vocals.
Duno, I could just be telling you how I'd write it and I'm guessing that isn't your style but yer....
Work on it, repost. Then I'll vote:D,
KI
ps, love the synth at the end. It's sick:D
#3May 17th, 2006 · 10:40 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
I like long drum intros.. I think it helps set the feel for the song..

sounds like a nice song. few spots here and there that need some work on intonation... for instance, where the synth strings come in near the end (which is very nice by the way).. but they are way sharp compared to the guitar.. in the future you might try tuning to your computer, or setting the tone higher on your tuner, or... something...

I like how you changed the drum beat in the chorus.

cool. very nice first song.
welcome to bandamp.
#4May 17th, 2006 · 02:49 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Don't want to be gentle!  

Ok, this is actually a pretty good song - it's nicely constructed (although the drums are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long as an introduction!) 

You've got some really nice ideas here.  Spoiled only by the recording quality and the guitar tuning.  I'm not fussed about the slightly off timings with the rhythm guitar, I think it sounds pretty good.
#5May 17th, 2006 · 05:18 PM
12 threads / 7 songs
46 posts
United States of America
Much Needed Lessons Learned ;)
Well, I never was one to set myself up but this seems like a pretty good forum to improve one's musicianship. As for the guitars and what not, two things...

1) I'm learning now just to use my computer and what I had available (and know how to use at the moment) is my built-in mic

2) as for the timing, well, the echo effect was established even further by having two vocal tracks, one being with both the vocals + guitar as one layered with a more louder single vocal track, thereby probably not matching each other...

Yeah yeah yeah, so maybe I'm rationalizing but so far your comments have been really helpful and at least not all together negative

Ciao for now...
#6May 17th, 2006 · 05:19 PM
12 threads / 7 songs
46 posts
United States of America
oops, forgot :)
Thanks again everyone.
#7May 17th, 2006 · 10:50 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hi
finally got the time to hear your song   I think its good..I love your voice...the song needs work on a few things  but im not really a good critic..i liked what i heard...we are in the same boat as i also am new to this  and Im learnng...the bandampers are good people/musicians...i get alot of hjelp from some of them..they know what they are talking about...stick around....youll see what I mean..this is a great site for musicians

keep it going    I like your style

Ralphie
#8May 18th, 2006 · 12:47 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
well....

I agree with the fact that the drum intro is too long.. I too like long drum intros, but not 40 second ones.. 

As for the guitar, it is hard to tell somewhat because of the quality...  Needs more compression and eq'd better....  but sounds decent really...  from what I can see it fits the drum track fairly well... the drums are magnificent quality... vocal track needs compression etc as well, but your voice sounds good.. and

WELCOME TO BANDAMP!!!!!

Jim "Da Noodle King" K
#9May 18th, 2006 · 09:35 AM
12 threads / 7 songs
46 posts
United States of America
As I Search the BandAmp Vortex...
All very encouraging words as well as pushes for improvement...When I have more time I shall make another file of the same song (though some suggestions may need to be explained a little more - not a connoseuir to home recording unlike some here )
#10May 19th, 2006 · 05:55 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
okay well I definately like this tune,

I like the way you effected the vocals and the guitar.

It's a bit skeletal, isn't it, so now it sounds a bit unfinished, but maybe that has it's charm. Especially the double vox make up for a lot yeah. I like the drum sounds, and in this light I think the longish intro makes it useable for a DJ set. Oh, I like how the synth comes in... and then it's over

hmm well okay so the basic ideas are good, and the song as a whole (recording quality included) is interesting, ... it feels "awake" and may work well for sobering up after one of those typical bar nights too...

hhhmmm interesting....
#11May 19th, 2006 · 10:17 PM
12 threads / 7 songs
46 posts
United States of America
Wow, from PuppetXeno himself :)
Okay, so you all know I'm new here -heheheee. As I grew more familiar with the site, it looked to me that PuppetXeno (can I call you PuppetX?) had a presence but I didn't know how much. And with that, I feel honored by having him comment on my song, as I am honored by anyone who even stops to listen and weed out the subtleties.Thanks for the props. Yes, this new chickiedee is still learning the ropes. Raw sound and all. Thanks everyone for your support and feedback...Will start honing my recording skillz a bit more for downloadable pleasures ...

Until that day,Namaste :    
#12May 20th, 2006 · 07:44 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
you have a good song here I like the delay on the vocals( sometimes I over do it on my stuff). You might think about some kinda condenser mic or a preamp for the guitar
so the harmonics come out.
#13May 20th, 2006 · 11:02 PM
12 threads / 7 songs
46 posts
United States of America
Gear Check..(testing 1...2...3...)
All "sound" advice (sorry for the play on words). Anyway, I've been looking into equipment for my puter. It's basic, an iBook 30GB. Not sure how much juice I can squeeze from it but not sure where to look in terms of the equpment some of you mentioned...or even how to hook up. For now, I've been told so far
1) condenser mic (will look into)
2) I got a PA system but not sure how that'll fit with my puter...

Any suggestions! Help! battle almost may be the end of me
#14May 20th, 2006 · 11:09 PM
5 posts
Indonesia
nice song.... needs retouching here and there, but i like it
#15May 30th, 2006 · 07:38 PM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
very different. I do like the name!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 9:17 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.