Battle: 2006-06

Just a little live take in the apartment,

http://www.marula.ca

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 13th, 2006 · 10:19 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
you don't hear smooth textures like this very much on BandAmp.. very nice quality..

Vocals are completely in tune.. like a breath of fresh air.. to a person with perfect pitch..

great guitar work.

oo backwards.

cool.
#3May 14th, 2006 · 04:30 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
nice tune, nice vocal skills & melodies. I like it a lot, my girlfriend likes it even better. She actually just came into the room to ask who this was.. she's really impressed.

ok, so I downloaded it (but I download a lot )

Good production value too, I love the backwards part, it's a nice touch.
#4May 14th, 2006 · 05:28 AM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Hey - Puppet has got a girlfriend!  GREAT! 

As for the song - that's a fabulous sounding guitar you're using. It's alittle too compressed for my taste, but I wasn't actually going to mention it at all as it does not really matter - I do that myself. Once you hear a song has reached a pro (or an almost pro) quality your review starts to concertate on different issues.
Your vocals sound very well taken care of. I also like the reverb - how about bringing down the sibilance sounds, like at 1:25 or 2:09 (sh sounds)?

I'd also love to hear a bigger instumentation - with crisp drums and bass in full swing. Possibly some backing vocals going "tshu tshu tshu uuuu"?

Like it a lot and rated it.
I am a big fan of those backwards guitars - i used them myslef in on of my songs... http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/1149.html

Anyway, What a superb song you have made...
#5May 14th, 2006 · 09:29 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
oh wow you are brilliant! are you a superstar?
#6May 14th, 2006 · 09:52 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
8 posts
Romania
very good, its has that thing that keeps a listener entatainet , but how about about putting some strong lines in the middle the give it the energy. Agai its an exccelent song keep up the good work!
#7May 14th, 2006 · 10:42 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
You know I am a fan of your music. Your voice is brilliant and it is a very well done composition and performance. But I must agree with JBP. Would like to hear a greater instrumentation. Orchestra strings, drums i.e. Without this imo the song is a bit too dry. But thats only in my taste. I can rate it with many percents.
#8May 14th, 2006 · 06:16 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
I was looking forward to listening to this one - it's so nice to know that you've not disappointed me

I just love the cream on your voice.... it's fabulous!  (Or perhaps it's honey, I can't decide )

Definitely another one to download.

So what do I have to say about the song itself:  Well, I like the plain and simple approach - I don't think the reversed guitars add anything to it really.  Ok, perhaps there could be some strings in there, but they're not necessary.  If it were me, I'd just add a fretless bass with the high-end EQ up a little allowing the string buzz to come through every now and then!
Well thought out, constructed, played and sung.

............ oh, and did I say that I love your voice
#9May 14th, 2006 · 07:12 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
Like it though could need a more raw something??
Looking forward to hear a explosion somewhere in the middle of the song,..good luck.
#10May 14th, 2006 · 08:22 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Sweet acoustic tracked mixed jsut a dab of blues  
This sorta thing deserves record deals.
More instrumention isn't needed, aside from a  very light drum track.
   great voice
#11May 15th, 2006 · 10:49 AM
12 threads / 7 songs
46 posts
United States of America
SHow me (x3) how you do that trick.
Great vocals and guitar. I hope to sound like you one day
#12May 15th, 2006 · 12:04 PM
2 posts
Canada
Fantastic vocals.  Not blown away by the straight-ahead guitars on this one, but they work with the tune for sure.  Melody here steals the show for me.
#13May 17th, 2006 · 12:57 AM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Lovely piece  
#14May 18th, 2006 · 08:11 PM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Can I be the first to ask another musician out on a date over BandAmp?....

...Beautiful.

- Chester
#15May 20th, 2006 · 01:30 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Amazing
I love this!Listened to it last night before going to bed and when I awoke for work this morning It was playing in my head.Spent last 6 hrs at work listening to it on repeat in my head.I love the no frills approach to it,straight from the soul.The vocals remind me of Stevie Nicks,her voice grabs the listeners ear and demands full attention.I also love the chord progression,accompanies the vocals beautifully.Great job
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 8:22 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.