1 2 3
#31May 29th, 2006 · 03:03 AM
10 threads / 10 songs
101 posts
United States of America
song
I like it. I want to put a keyboard part in and add a pad sound, or maybe a Rhodes-type sound. I'd love to hear another melody over this piece. Someone said they thought the drums sounded badly gated; I think I can see what he means. It seems like a skipping sound.

Oh, recording volume could have been 50% louder. Are you digital or tape? I noted that a lot of "new" albums that are "remastered" such as Rush's Signals are louder in recording volume than some of the newer stuff than the first recording (pre-remastered) was.

I'm putting it on my playlist. We should have a contest and whoever's songs wins, we put them all on compilation cd and sell it so everyone can get a cd of it--I like wav. s /audio over mp3's. I'd like to sit here and write a keys track for it just for fun, but I can't hear it well enough across the room to do that. This old computer is really noisy, too. At the loudest volume, I didn't think it was loud enough.
#32May 29th, 2006 · 10:42 AM
6 threads / 5 songs
43 posts
Venezuela
Nice !!!
Hey Dude!!! good job!!! nothing else to say
#33May 29th, 2006 · 01:17 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
13 posts
United States of America
COOL SONG DUDE!  I REALLY LIKE IT

DUSTY
#34May 30th, 2006 · 01:50 AM
10 threads / 10 songs
101 posts
United States of America
eye of the storm
I can kinda tell you're mixing with phones, but you're doing MUCH better than I ever did.    Headphones ar sonically too perfect, becuase with your house speakers, you turn your head to listen to something, and you can't do that w/headphones.

This is what you do. Get inexpensive studio monitors and you will knock A LOT of  real "getting paid" engineers (notice I didn't say they were good.) clear out of the water with your mixing. Try something like the KRK RP5 Rokit 5s. I saw someone buy some today at Guitar Center, and they were $115 each. They're powered, so you don't need an amp for them.

Right after vocals is this snare-like sound that could be something better. Panning idea of that effect was unusual and unexpected. Nice experiment.

Like the vocalist, is that you? He's perfect for the song, like Steely Dan's Don Fagan. That's what the surperclean sound mix reminds me of. Which is a sound I'm crazy about (Think disco -"Saturday Night Fever") Where did the strings come from? Like 'em.

No, Gary Kahn at Columbia college. He tought me quite a bit along with his wife, who does live classical broadcasts here.
#35May 30th, 2006 · 10:00 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Ok, that helps. I see what you mean.

Studio monitors.... I'll look into that.... not sure if I can afford them right now, but I'll stilll take a looksie...

And... yes, I did everything, including vocals and violins.

Ah... off to college next year... considered Columbia actually... heard about their audio program...

Thanks!
- Ben
#36June 13th, 2006 · 01:30 AM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
Really caught the feel of this one. Very enjoyable! nice extro!
#37June 14th, 2006 · 01:51 AM
17 threads / 16 songs
81 posts
Philippines
well , i am happy to hear this one after 3 days of disconnection.Nice work , the violin at the end is so realistic.....may be its a true one
#38June 14th, 2006 · 01:58 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
heh.. sure is nemo

thanks
#39June 14th, 2006 · 08:01 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
10 posts
United Kingdom
good job
Quite a good effort on this one.
It reminded me of a sort of electo - floyd combination, with those laid back melancholic vocals.
#40August 22nd, 2006 · 12:21 PM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
this song is amazing! Totally cool and distinctive...
1 2 3
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 2:14 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.