1 2 3

#1April 27th, 2006 · 08:38 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Eye of the Storm
Score: 78.9%
Battle: 2006-05

This was a day project. Let me know how it sounds. Personally? I think it sounds a bit stormy in spots...

Oh, and it's in the May Battle, cause I've never done one of those before. so.... Rock the vote!!! woopee! I'm a dork.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 28th, 2006 · 11:23 PM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
Rock the vote!
ohhhh theres one song that your song reminds me of sooo much and i like that song... (i like this song too!) but i cant remember what it was.... dam.....

Nice song, i like the part at 1:40, really cool, as the song went on it got better!! that doesn't happen much on bandamp but i like this, really "cool"

This song is just so cool, how did you manage to score the violin at the end (3:35 or so) that really topped off a really awesome song.

Hey what you mean it sounds "stormy" thats not a word i have ever heard someone use when they are descibing a song.

Awesome song, unexplainably cool.... really.......
    90%
#3April 28th, 2006 · 11:32 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Cool track dude!
Great production and sound. It's like and electro-hip-hop song.
Nice work with violins.
Your voice is pretty good, BTW.

> Iszil
#4May 1st, 2006 · 10:25 AM
7 posts
United States of America
Well. Definetly not hip-hop. I am not sure what Iszil means. I think it is more like Pink Floyd meets the Doors. Very nice mix of styles. I like it alot. very well done on the production. Still not quite my style. but not "not" my style either. I am more techno/ambiance style. but this has some gret effects, like the panning drums. strange. never would have expected that.
joe
#5May 1st, 2006 · 10:26 AM
7 posts
United States of America
what is a battle?
#6May 1st, 2006 · 10:50 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Thanks!
thanks everyone. not too many people seem to be commenting on this one...

chill: by "stormy" I was referring to the chorus (in between the verses). that was just my first impression after I heard it, before I added vocals... thanks for the comments!

joe: thanks for the comments. though this isn't exactly the right place to ask... a battle is a monthly contest. people vote for their favorite songs. and as I understand, there are prizes now...? If you have any more questions, you might try starting a new thread in a different forum on bandamp.
#7May 1st, 2006 · 10:56 AM
5 posts
Netherlands
Good song!, but i am not sure about the drums between 1.25 and 1.40, i think it is a little bit out of context.. later on the drums are really good.. (I mean the back drums.. don't know if you understand what i mean). But who am i to say something about this song. The violins really did "make" the song for me..

cya Rj
#8May 1st, 2006 · 02:23 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
I really like this one.  It's quite different to my usual genre of music (typically rock) - but is very easy to listen to.
Everything's good about it: recording, vocals, musical mix, balance, sound blending
Very nice
#9May 1st, 2006 · 02:44 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I really like the style, but the beat is a bit too "square" for me... I don't mean dull, but just, the drum sounds are all so 90 degrees angles or so. Very dominant in the listening experience, and I kindof... dislike that.

but the rest of the tune, the synth effects, the surfy guitar, the vocals, then the violins (beautiful!!) ... the entire mood in there... very very okay... just not the beat....
#10May 1st, 2006 · 03:38 PM
1 posts
United Kingdom
vrrryyyyyyyyy good
#11May 2nd, 2006 · 03:48 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
drums sounds like they are badly gated, on which i spended hours trying to avoid, so i dont like that sound too. Funny idea to use it though
but what a beautifull song !
#12May 2nd, 2006 · 04:33 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
oooh got it. everyone was complaining about the drums (which is fine!) and I wasn't sure why, because the "badly gated" effect was intentional. now I understand...

anyway, thanks for the comments everyone.
#13May 4th, 2006 · 01:05 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
actually the drum sounds don't bother me. IMO, they seem to fit the song (they provide a pedantic, "marching" kind of rhythm that, for lack of a better explanation seem to "work" for me). Anyway, love the song (to me, it effectively conveys a mood). Like with all your songs, everytime I listen to this I hear something different. You obviously put a lot of attention into creating as much texture in a song as possible (selection of sounds, effects...I even notice you'll "bend" or "trill" a note slightly in the background. Almost unnoticeable, but yet important). Good work!
#14May 4th, 2006 · 03:40 PM
11 threads / 9 songs
37 posts
Ireland
Enjoyed the song plenty,would have to say that i got a good listening experience. The topicality of the song matches the title exactly, i.e. the calmest point of the storm being the eye of the storm.
Clean production and when that wee little guitar arrives for that lick it sounds all so "tubular bells" to me,not in a bad way.
Overall, good tune and i enjoyed it.
#15May 5th, 2006 · 06:51 AM
This song is awesome dude, well done, the score

This song is just so cool, how did you manage to score the violin at the end (3:35 or so) that really topped off a really awesome song.

.... Well said Chill
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 6:57 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.