1 2

#1March 11th, 2006 · 03:31 PM
4 threads / 2 songs
45 posts
Canada
"The MOM Song"
Score: 83.1%
Battle: 2006-04

Heheheh, went searching through my old music files today and tripped over this.  It's a really rough, jam/compilation of first takes that adam ("marula") and I laid down into some sort of cohesive mess about 4 years ago in honour of his mom's birthday...

Just something fun for you to check out, not trying to win anything with this, that's for sure.  If you wanna hear our "real" music, go here:  http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/2028.html

Marg
http://www.marula.ca

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 12th, 2006 · 10:09 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
hey this is kinda nice.... what do you mean your "real"music? you think this isn't real? I don't get that, this is actually even more to my liking than your regular stuff (and yes I downloaded things off the marula site too - I like that High Hopes version you did)

so, well this is pretty okay... great vocal work... just the guitar tone isn't all that.

but well... oh well...
#3March 12th, 2006 · 12:12 PM
4 threads / 2 songs
45 posts
Canada
Thanks, PuppetXeno!  I didn't mean this isn't real music, I just meant it's not our band music, as in, it's not music we've lived with and worked through and torn apart to get it just the way we want it.

Anyway, I'm glad you liked it, and I'm also glad you checked out our site.  I think High Hopes is my favourite cover too

Marg
#4March 12th, 2006 · 12:53 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
This is interesting....

I must say it is interesting... and haunting.... it captures my attention...  I think though that it would be more enjoyable played through a reverb unit, with slight fuzz...  and the vocals with a hint of "tin can" effect...  Would give it a more humanistic feel..  Make it touch the soul a bit more... as is, it feels unapproachable... feeling isn't "really there", you know what I mean... I understand it is a quick jam/compilation of 1take tracks... but now, take that and run with it! 
               JimK 
#5April 1st, 2006 · 03:28 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
great song, i liked the chorus with the layors of background vocals all in one made it sound very interesting, maybe the second half of the chorus where the female voice is leading a bit more i didn't quite like it as much as the first half.
nice sound and production, good guitar sound.

i don't like the name, the mom song, sounds like it's going to be a comedy kind of song and very unserious, then you described it as "not a real song" i was very close to not listening to it and my first impressions were that it's going to be a lame song about some jokes and repetitive rhyming words like mom, bomb, tom ... yeah you get the point but i liked this song!
#6April 1st, 2006 · 10:44 AM
25 posts
United States of America
Wow, I like it alot. It's perfect. I do agree with Chill on the title of the song, though...not sure why you chose that title, maybe it would make more sense if you explained why. Lol but anyways, I liked the song very much.
#7April 1st, 2006 · 11:35 AM
4 threads / 2 songs
45 posts
Canada
Thanks guys, glad you liked it! 

Heheheh, yeah the title is pretty lame.  I just called it that because that's the filename we saved it with... we were making it for his mom, and we put it with a powerpoint presentation named MOM, hence it became The MOM Song... so the name kinda stuck in our minds. 

Any suggestions on a better name?

Marg
#8April 1st, 2006 · 03:13 PM
13 threads / 7 songs
167 posts
Ireland
Excellent, I really enjoyed that.
#9April 7th, 2006 · 03:10 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Wow, when the voices and drums kick in it really adds bucket loads of feeling to the track.  This is great!
Who is your vocalist, is it you?  What a fabulous voice - made me shiver!!!
#10April 7th, 2006 · 04:41 PM
4 threads / 2 songs
45 posts
Canada
Thanks!  Yeah, the singer's me.  *blushes*  I'm also the vocalist on Marula's stuff, in case you haven't already visited over there.

It's always just so great to hear from someone who genuinely likes my music!  

Marg
#11April 9th, 2006 · 02:52 PM
14 posts
Denmark
oh but this is wonderful! you have a beautiful voice! am I jealous... weow...

praise for you!
#12April 9th, 2006 · 04:23 PM
4 threads / 2 songs
45 posts
Canada
Thanks, ChocoMate!

Marg
#13April 11th, 2006 · 06:27 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Hey, this sounds great!
Those Ohhh and Ehhh are really cool.
May be some levels are quite high, but in general the sound is good.
I really loved the voice harmonies and arrangements; that's the strongest part of the song. That woman voice is awesome.
The song is really amazing.
You have a good rating from me.

> Iszil
#14April 11th, 2006 · 10:06 PM
4 threads / 2 songs
45 posts
Canada
Thanks Iszil!  Glad you like my singing.

Marg
#15April 15th, 2006 · 08:08 AM
20 threads / 18 songs
93 posts
United Kingdom
Having listened to "second taste"  i quickly scurried off to dig out Cocteau Twins vinyl from the vault and had a proper old beat of my chest whilst trying to sing along. It was great. I then regained my composure, returned to the computer to listen some more and nearly fell of my seat!
    To compare you to one another would be an insult to both your vocal creativity and delivery....genetically harmonious yet oceans apart in individuality. Throw the word "uncanny" in and that makes it quite special.
    What more would you like me to say?
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:15 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.