1 2
#16April 3rd, 2006 · 12:00 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yeah, this is a song I really dig - doesn't last long enough for me. the end fades out too soon... I want it to last longer...

those distorted vocals screams are something I have often tried to achieve myself, but could never really find... care to tell me .. how??

also, would love to read your lyrics... they seem interesting, but I can't really extract them from the mix - I've never been good at that, probably a reason why I don't care to put my own vocals up in the mix, because to me they would be illegible anyway.

ok... now that I've stated praise for style... on the technical side -

I'm not so sure about the sound of the end mix... the eqqing seems off... too much low mids... seems to work though, and instrumental level balances are pretty ok. drums are pretty cool... one of the things that don't work for realism is over-producing them... pc drums are by nature far too crisp... they are excellent studio samples... and real drums can never sound as good... and sampled cymbals have way too short a decay to sound remotely realistic.. I think though, in the overall soundscape, with the eqqing etc... these drums kinda work okay.  ... Overall, considering you haven't been pc-multitracking for very long I'd say great job - getting better in it is mostly trial and error anyway.

so... good luck with it, and meanwhile: I'd love to remix this song (or atleast give a try at -)... ?
#17April 4th, 2006 · 01:39 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for the comments, all.

Contrary to what I said when I put this on here, I have been working on it since. I stripped it back to the bare bones and remixed it to a much better standard, production-wise. Sounds much fuller and brighter now and I redid the vocals. Bit late now of course because this version is already posted. That'll learn me for not having a cooling off period before posting. I've put it here for anyone interested:-

http://www.myspace.com/geniusina6footsackofskin

Puppetxeno, I posted the lyrics above. Never bothered before because I didn't figure anyone would be interested. It's more the sound of the vocals that I look for, much the same as yourself so lyrics are less important for me.
As to the secrets to my screamy vocals, I couldn't really say. I run the mic through my guitar amp with heavy gain and the mid pulled out and then mess about with the EQ to reduce the fuzziness a little.
The drums, yeah I'm still working on them. I'll get there one day maybe.
I'd love to hear your results of a remix but unfortunately I'm a bit untidy in the way I work. It'd take a while to find all the un-effected original tracks and some of them may be deleted. I'll have a look if you're serious.
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 5:17 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.