1 2
#16March 8th, 2006 · 09:19 AM
12 threads / 9 songs
142 posts
United States of America
At first I noticed the change in time with the horn, but then it sort of set the stage for the rest of the set. Your voice is awesome for this piece, and the breaks were perfect.

I thought the ending worked... I was just sad that it was over.
#17March 8th, 2006 · 07:42 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I am using Audacity to mix, and the samples are professional samples that I hacked up,and re-organized..  so it is peice-mealed together...  This is a bit of a stretch for a banjo picker.. hehehe...  but I couldn't resist.....   Glad you enjoyed it, and really glad to hear your son danced to it...  THat is the greatest compliment I have yet received! 

JimK
#18March 9th, 2006 · 12:27 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
12 posts
United States of America
Okay, but kind of clunky
Many ideas in the song come off awkwardly, making the whole piece feel disjointed.  It felt like you wanted to have tons of different samples from all over integrated into a trippy groove, but it still needs some polishing to add overall cohesiveness.
#19March 12th, 2006 · 11:26 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
well, I did want the beginning off a bit... but, i will take a listen again.. I wish I had some examples of what exactly comes off awkward... I mean the of fbeat horns in the intro is on purpose, and I did kind of add a off beat here and there to continue the effect.. but it is few and far between.. is that what you are referring to? I suppose I could redo it without those, but it was kind of the intention...  But if it distracts from the overall product, I will change it...   I want to have a bit of a comedic value with this, but I want it to show some seriousness to... so Let me know some specifics, and I will see what I can do..

Thanks....
            JimK
#20March 13th, 2006 · 10:25 AM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
ill bet that was fun jim....nice job
#21March 18th, 2006 · 10:53 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I think everyone should do a hip hop dance type crazy mixed up thang....

It is good for the soul....

Jim "slowhand" K
#22May 19th, 2006 · 04:15 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
this is superb..

I liked the trumpet in the beginning... you know... different.

that crazy flute is going to be stuck in my head for days...

keep at it.
#23June 3rd, 2006 · 07:48 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
53 posts
United Kingdom
This has left me with a big grin and, for the record (no pun intended), I love the ending. It just leaves you with this sudden silence. Very effective. I agree with whoever said that they'd like to hear the trumpets fit the beat. A bit of time stretching would work well. But this is a minor niggle. Love the scratching. I mean, LOVE it.
This is the musical equivalent of showing your bum out of the window of a moving vehicle and I mean that in a good way: exhuberant, fun, joyful, idiosyncratic, embracing.
I'm STILL grinning see?
#24June 5th, 2006 · 11:59 AM
14 posts
United Kingdom
Loving the scratching, how the hell did you do that?!
#25July 31st, 2006 · 01:52 AM
11 threads / 9 songs
35 posts
United States of America
aite
yo dat is pretty aite.... a lil krazy/ oldskool but hey itz good.... i have those  vocal samples u used on a cd and tha a-track song too.... pretty kool needs a lil wrk on tha tempo and makin evrythin mix well... but it was good overall
#26July 31st, 2006 · 01:54 AM
11 threads / 9 songs
35 posts
United States of America
hey wait i thought u were not supposed to use other peoples stuff on this site???!!?!?!?! they made me take off a 2pac song..... but i guess tha A-Track is mixed wit tha otha beatz so idk.... anywayzzz...
#27July 31st, 2006 · 01:57 AM
11 threads / 9 songs
35 posts
United States of America
what it do?
i promise dis is da last post!! heres ma myspace wit my weekly music updates:

http://www.myspace.com/djtsquared

be sure to check it out and cant wait to here more of ur stuff
#28July 31st, 2006 · 02:38 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
54 posts
Canada
I can't get over how diverse your repertoire is Jim, Keep up the good work.
#29November 28th, 2006 · 03:06 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Well mixed JimK.

That house organ that comes in at 0:41 is out of whack, there's lots of programs that could have sliced that sample up for you to re-arrange. Re-Cycle, PhatMatix(vst) and I believe, Razor in FL.

I really like the 'JimK' sample, sounds like the real thing.
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:18 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.