#1February 27th, 2006 · 10:51 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Hippity Hop Slop
Score: 80.7%
Battle: 2006-03

OK OK.... 

I know I said I was pretty much done with electronic music collage stuff....   BUT.....   This couldn't be helped....

I had actually started this early on when I was first starting to mess with the collage stuff..... and I never finished it, because I didn't know what to do with it.... I ended up throwing in some of my song Surface, and it still is somewhat unfinished, but I thought it was coming along pretty well, so I decided to put it out here for you guys to take a gander at...
         BTW,
           I made sure there are no "dirty" things in this one..
                 It has been cleaned up for radio play..  

JimK

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 27th, 2006 · 11:27 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Hey man! You are making a great job with this electronics songs.
What you use to make all this cool things... How did you do that scratch? You must tell me what you use for make this. Where sis you take those trumpets and all the sounds you used here?
Great job man; you are a really good DJ!

> Iszil
#3February 28th, 2006 · 12:15 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Unpredictable!! Every time I think I know where is it going you just make the weirdest turn....  I'm going to have to download it just as the strangest thing on my mp3 player 
#4February 28th, 2006 · 11:34 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Thanks Guys....

I'll tell ya, this is one hundred percent samples..   I had a lot of fun...

But it still doesn't beat the feel of the guitar in your hand... and the strings under your fingertips... but it has it's own charm... and it is REAL HARD... 

But, I am barely getting my feet wet here...  I am not sure but I may try a bit of a remix on something else I have in the burner... but we will see.....
                                   JimK  
                               http://jkoontz.com
#5March 1st, 2006 · 01:56 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
This is awesome. I love this. brings back my days of listening to the Beastie Boys - I hate comparing musical styles, my apologeeees.
Yeeeah! Scratch n sniff.
#6March 1st, 2006 · 05:39 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Better than your average music collage, that's for sure. 
Wow, I seriously love that electronic scratching that comes in at 1:04 - and the "Jim K" with one of your own tracks sampled in is almost a stroke of genius!!

One downside - that ending is just way too abrupt!!

Other than that, a great piece of musical artwork Mr. Koontz
#7March 3rd, 2006 · 07:30 AM
6 posts
United States of America
Dude, I am your number one fan....  This is wicked weird... I gotta hear more...Thanks..
parmesanron
#8March 4th, 2006 · 11:34 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
BTW, In case I didn't mention it, this one is in the battle.......

And...

artofbeing wrote…
This is awesome. I love this. brings back my days of listening to the Beastie Boys - I hate comparing musical styles, my apologeeees.
Yeeeah! Scratch n sniff.

Dude... I was a huge Beastie Boys fan in the day, but now their stuff is a bit over the top for me...I still like it, but not quite like the older stuff (NNNnn-DROP)

jiminuk wrote…
Better than your average music collage, that's for sure.
Wow, I seriously love that electronic scratching that comes in at 1:04 - and the "Jim K" with one of your own tracks sampled in is almost a stroke of genius!!

One downside - that ending is just way too abrupt!!

Yeah, The ending is a bit apbrupt...  I was thinking of changing it before I put it on here.. But it also adds to the whole in your face feel of it too.. So I left it..    as for the rest of your comment, well, I am blushing... thank you very much...   You are too kind..
                          JimK
#9March 4th, 2006 · 12:05 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Jim, I always rate your songs even though I never have anything to say about them. I find most of your stuff largely inaccessible. This is a criticism of myself more than your style of course. However, I find this one easier to get a hold of so I'll try to say something useful:)
The sampling and scratching is top quality and the piece as a whole is pretty innovative and diverse. I don't quite get the timing thing at the beginning. The trumpet is cool but I'd like to hear it in time with the beat. I'm sure it's intentional that it's not but I find the juxtaposition hard to latch on to. I think it would sound superb if in time with the beat but like this I can't quite enjoy it. After this part everything melds pretty well. The "JimkDaAdtman" parts are excellent.
Hope I've said something useful and not made myself look a complete ignoramus
PS Keep churning em out cos I always love to hear something different and your stuff is always that! Just because I can't critique it doesn't mean to say I don't enjoy it!
#10March 4th, 2006 · 03:05 PM
12 posts
United States of America
ok, this is the last song in your list. I have listened to all of your stuff now. this is the coolest thing I have heard. and I already love surface, so good to hear it in here. I am keeping this in my mp3 player for sure. or should I say fa shizzle
#11March 4th, 2006 · 03:11 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Hippity Hop Slop
jeez jim

u sure did it this time.....................
gotta come bak atcha
love the craziness........................

kersploosh

glub glub

hic............ ............i hear toes..........
#12March 5th, 2006 · 11:06 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
SUPER job

you have used the finest ingredients for this mix...

This is .... superb!

CRANK IT - BABY
#13March 6th, 2006 · 05:37 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
ktartandude wrote…
Jim, I always rate your songs even though I never have anything to say about them. I find most of your stuff largely inaccessible. This is a criticism of myself more than your style of course. However, I find this one easier to get a hold of so I'll try to say something useful:)
Dude.. That's cool...  My style is quite freaky...  
ktartandude wrote…
The sampling and scratching is top quality and the piece as a whole is pretty innovative and diverse. I don't quite get the timing thing at the beginning. The trumpet is cool but I'd like to hear it in time with the beat. I'm sure it's intentional that it's not but I find the juxtaposition hard to latch on to. I think it would sound superb if in time with the beat but like this I can't quite enjoy it. After this part everything melds pretty well. The "JimkDaAdtman" parts are excellent.
Hope I've said something useful and not made myself look a complete ignoramus
PS Keep churning em out cos I always love to hear something different and your stuff is always that! Just because I can't critique it doesn't mean to say I don't enjoy it!
Yeah, the horn being off beat is for the Jerry Lewis effect "white boys aint got rythm" thing..  I have to put some comedy into everything I do.. otherwise it isn't me...    To quote one of the greatest comedic masters and banjo players of all time. I AM A WILD AND CRAZY GUY!  hehehe....   Thanks for the comments...
#14March 6th, 2006 · 06:27 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
My son danced with your song so itīs good, he has a good ear to nice songs. Even he applauded.

good Job, with strange sounds,

got my vote, and of my son too
#15March 6th, 2006 · 10:03 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
12 posts
United States of America
Man, this is pretty cool...... what program do you use....the program i have is really cheap and the samples are really fake sounding
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 7:15 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.