4 threads / 4 songs
49 posts
United Kingdom
very good, where did melancholic go? that was my favourite piano piece
#17April 10th, 2006 · 11:55 AM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
You seem to have plenty of songwriting ability and skill with the guitar, especially with that new Taylor!
Your voice is great, and the song is well put together. Very very well. I would download this, but the lyrics are a little too preachy... the words "you" and "I" are the only nouns you use... and the subject matter could be very trivial... I am no lyricist, so my only suggestion would be to re-evaluate the lyrics, and maybe post them in the lyrics workshop?

Also, the song is based on the assumption that you are right and the person you are talking about is very very wrong... are you so sure of that?

'Cause it won't be long,
'Till the weight of your wrong,

that is a nice rhyme though, and the melody and vocal talent makes up where the lyrics are lacking
#18April 10th, 2006 · 07:54 PM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Hey LeVee,

I actually really love the lyrics in this song. I've had a lot of comments on how people like the lyrics in this song. Especially the first verse (that it wraps up nicely, etc etc)

As for nouns, I think you'll find all of these words are used in a noun context within the song..

1) Stick
2) Magic Tricks
3) Pride
4) Wrong
5) Life

And finally in regard to your question about being right or wrong... I'll start with saying of course! It's an opinion. My opinion that the other person is wrong. If we weren't allowed opinions in music all lyrics would be absolutely neutral and to be honest, a little boring. So, while understanding your point - if you look deeper into the song you'll realise the lyrics aren't actually referring to two people, but a conversation between a man and his conscience. If you break it down you can probably work it out. So yes, I can definitely say this person is wrong :P

Thanks though!

- Chester
#19April 13th, 2006 · 10:15 PM
2 threads
28 posts
New Zealand
The mics were a rode nt5 on guitar and a studio projects c1 on vocals. Recorded into logic. Cheers, Mark.
#20April 14th, 2006 · 02:19 PM
1 posts
United States of America
This is wonderful
I absolutely love this song and all the other songs on your new piano EP.  They're simply amazing.  The guitar sounds great and your voice is beautiful.  Keep on posting new stuff, i can't get enough.
#21April 15th, 2006 · 08:38 AM
8 threads / 3 songs
102 posts
United Kingdom
I really like this...
Really cool tune, very laid back... Adding this one to my player thing...

Nice one!

Excellent rating...
#22April 16th, 2006 · 11:00 AM
4 posts
United States of America
this is the only thing on this site that I've heard so far that I would actually listen to.
Have you ever listened to elliot smith? If you haven't I really think you should. I really like your audio engineering, very professional. Rock on
#23April 16th, 2006 · 02:24 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
i really have to rate this a 100%
very very very good
#24April 18th, 2006 · 01:11 AM
4 posts
United States of America
That Was GOOD!
#25April 19th, 2006 · 04:04 AM
9 threads / 9 songs
32 posts
United Kingdom
WOW !
I Used To Play Guitar And I Know A Serious And Awsome Musicisian When I Hear One...

...If I Was A Record Company I Would Take You In Without Hearing Anything But This Song

Keep It Up !
YOU ROCK !  
#26April 20th, 2006 · 09:49 AM
4 posts
United Kingdom
thats just awesome in every way
#27April 20th, 2006 · 07:41 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
4 posts
United States of America
Good lyrics and a good melody with great hook.
#28April 20th, 2006 · 08:11 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
You are freaking awesome in everything you do,..guitar/vocal?
But you are also a little bit weird,..in this song !,...i mean ya play such nice but for most of us mortals weird cords.
Anyway that's what its all about:leave people in a state of chock
Really great job great song!
#29April 20th, 2006 · 11:08 PM
3 posts
United States of America
Wow
Chester,

You amaze me, time and time again- not just with your lyrical content, or your voice.. but with the way you express- so much with your music- each and every time.

You're almost as good as James Blunt.

Okay- I'm going to run now!

(Back to the serious note- I can't wait to say I knew you when...)
#30April 21st, 2006 · 08:25 AM
17 posts
United States of America
Awesome picking!
I love the classical feeling that you put in. I agree that the lyrics could be cleaned up for radio-friendly exhibition... but other than that, it is awesome. I love the emotion in your voice. It must have been a bad breakup, that girl hurt you bad...
1 2 3 4 5 6

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:25 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.