#1February 12th, 2006 · 07:10 PM
11 threads / 9 songs
37 posts
Ireland
Hammer
Score: 82.0%
Battle: 2006-11

Good 'ole dub reggae vibes here

Spent a lot of time working with a great friend in a reggae band over the last few years. This track was recorded when we first started working together.its about being willing to do anything for the one u love.

J had the chords and that hypnotic style chorus(Thanks to peter,paul & mary!), i fleshed it out over a few weeks and put guitar riffs to it,lyrics and arrangement. A song that Mick the engineer pulled off dramatically considering the poor quality equipment we had! Top marks buddy! So this is it, three guys and waaaaay too much motivation! Hope u enjoy.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 12th, 2006 · 07:21 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Not bad... Drones on a bit, which I understand is the nature of the genre... The guitar lines throughout the song are interesting.  I liked the effects (delay, phase, wah?).  The solo was good, if not overdue.
#3February 12th, 2006 · 08:46 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Great!

About the mix, I think the lead guitar is a bit too loud sometimes but other than that I really enjoyed listening to it.

With a better recording this one would be definitely a download for me.
#4February 14th, 2006 · 11:56 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Fire up that sammich dude......

Pass the Doobage on the left hand side....

Yeah mon....

JimK 
#5February 15th, 2006 · 11:43 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I guess those kinda flutes that are doing the reggae main riff should be replace by a clean guitar. Those solos are good and the main solo sounds very cool.
Really liked vocals; they had a weird and original style that really fit this song and really liked that. Guess that's the strongest point of the song.
But overall is well done, though is not my style. A bit long, but good.

> Iszil
#6February 15th, 2006 · 03:44 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yea I love that vocal style... takes me back to the mid-ninetees

like snows informer... haha... that cheesy ol' tune... but it was the first association that came to mind...

Ok this is a sure playlist tune.

A sure download too.

A sure ... lemme see... instrumentals... swing... mood... production value... um.

100%

#7February 21st, 2006 · 09:09 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
i really liked this right off the bat-reminded me of a reg.band called "big mountain"check out their "wake up"cd.-this has all the elements for a pleasurable listen.good job mate.
#8February 21st, 2006 · 09:38 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United States of America
Sweet
I like this song, its a great reggae song, The guitar effects sound awesome
#9March 23rd, 2006 · 02:17 PM
25 posts
United States of America
Reggae sound is great. I really like the guitar in it.
#10March 23rd, 2006 · 08:56 PM
10 threads / 7 songs
78 posts
Trinidad and Tobago
Wow! The competition between the guitar and your lyrics blow me away
#11May 4th, 2006 · 10:28 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Nice!

I love reggae music.. and this is awesome.

Great guitar sounds. Those effects are really nice, especially in the beginning, about 1:14. It sounds so relaxed! Perfect for that reggae feel..

Not hearing anything I don't like.
#12May 5th, 2006 · 02:05 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
Top job!

You really played some awesome guitar, crazy!!!!!!

The vocals are awesome aswell, i GENERALLY don't like reggae, especially the vocals in a lot of songs... but i gotta say these vocals for some reason are outrageously good (i dont know what is though... lets just say i know jack sh!t about vocals apart from that they come out of your mouth).

AND .... SOMETIMES i feel peoples reggae songs on here drag on... this one just gets cooler, the guitar solo... great!

how did you get the drums so clear? quite amazed considering you said you used poor equipment... that engineer must have been SOMETHING!

Top Job!
#13May 5th, 2006 · 06:19 AM
Lovin It!
This reggae sort beat is really cool sounds all Arabic, nice one
#14May 18th, 2006 · 11:50 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
35 posts
Sweden
Nice!
Nice melody, I don't usually listen to this kind of music but this really catches me! keep up the work man!
#15May 20th, 2006 · 09:06 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
United States of America
Pretty good
Not really my style personnally, but I could see myself driving with an open rooftop somwhere else than here and drive for a while with the radio vol on max on a long straight road on the North American priairies at around 2 AM.

Reminds me a bit of the band I used to play in ( a long time ago now!). Different kind of music, same kind of "stage sound" to it.

Vocals are good. Guitar sounds nice. A bit long at the end. Could probably have used a couple "blanks" to break the rhythm only to come back better a few tones higher to have a richer ending. No ending really.

Overall, it is pretty good.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 1:54 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.