1 2 3

#16March 7th, 2006 · 11:05 PM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Hah, Creative, you're wonderful.

Well, not quite 4 albums worth but there are quite a few. Infact, I'm recording a piano EP on tuesday in this beautiful old old concert hall with a 7ft steinway concert grand. So I'll be uploading a whole lot of piano songs. Including REAL versions of Melancholic, All that I can be, Five Lost Friends and Gravity. Plus a new one. It should sound quite ambient.

I totally hear what you're saying about strumming. I'm not much of a strummer myself, I taught myself to pick right from the beginning, and that's what I've sorta stuck with. I do write the odd strummy song, But I never tend to record it. I do have a producer. Actually I have a couple of of them. I'm working on various projects here and there. So if anyone would like to collaborate, I finally have access to studio mics and editing gear. I can also send people raw tracks of my music.

Thank you for your comments on lyrics. Lyrics are my baby, i love writing them and they seem to just fall out of my mouth with ease. So there ya go. Melodies have been coming harder lately though. I've had so much on, havem't had time to write. "I can't say I'm a big fan of the stream of conscienciousness" I'm not sure exactly what you mean there, I'd love you to explain.

Anyway, thanks a lot! And I look forward to hearing new stuff from you soon.

- Chester
#17March 10th, 2006 · 09:12 PM
8 threads / 3 songs
102 posts
United Kingdom
I have just been talking to you in the chat room, i didn't realise though at that point i was in the presence of greatness....

Truly cool tune, someone above said a bit simon and garf, yep indeed it is...

Good stuff, keep it up...

I gave it 100% by the way...
#18March 12th, 2006 · 07:09 PM
14 threads / 12 songs
177 posts
United States of America
Like the play on words here. You have a nice way with the guitar and simplicity as well. Very "morning" essence.

P.S. Love the *cage* picture....!!!
#19March 18th, 2006 · 01:29 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
11 posts
Canada
The one and only word that I have for this is : Awesome. U made it dude... the song touched me ... everything is super ... the lyrics make it all ... dont think u need to improvise on the strumming ... cuz the strumming suit the lyrics as the marker reaches the crests and troughs of the song ... it is beautiful.
p.s i have voted the song.
#20March 26th, 2006 · 02:54 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
54 posts
United States of America
i like this alot especially at the start "no no i understand"
#21March 30th, 2006 · 02:26 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
wait a minute.... oh... hmm.... thats weird....

That talking thing at the introduction, i am serious, sounded exactly like the start of Ryan Adams - Heartbreaker album, where Ryan Adams is arguing with a friend... and then the acoustic guitar came in and im like, is this Ryan Adams, lucky your voice came and answered all my doubts. Pretty good i liked it
#22April 20th, 2006 · 02:41 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
2 posts
India
Very very Refreshing..

I liked the feel and flow of the song
good going guys.. waiting to hear some ken rogers voice on your guitar
#23May 11th, 2006 · 06:29 PM
29 threads / 21 songs
75 posts
United Kingdom
yeaaaaahh beautiful
love your lyrics "missed it because of us" i thought was a nice rhyme
its an interesting mix of slow and fast rhythms in the melody
you have a good sense of melody in this song too.
"all the things i wish were real" - listend for the 2nd time thats what i liked

ahh yeah man, keep making gorgeous songs

- Tess
#24May 18th, 2006 · 07:05 AM
20 threads / 18 songs
93 posts
United Kingdom
We all stopped work at the Lab and had a cup of tea to this one...several in fact...though ill have to watch the mice...too much tannin, you know...makes them turn gangster...start getting gobby, anyway.....
    The song took me to several places, thankyou. Songs that take you to good places are good songs.
   I love simple, for the time it gives to free my mind so to recreate fond memorys of the past and dream of happiness for my future. Thank you for that moment. Thats what i think.
Ps....any chance of the raw tracks to play with..please...please....we wont disapoint you..please....ah go on, go on, go on, go on. Please.....martainmiller@hotmail.com
   it would be like Christmas come Early....please...
#25May 18th, 2006 · 01:39 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
35 posts
Sweden
I think you are my idol!  I hope you go far with your music! All that you do is just.. perfect I think I can't describe it! please, never stop playing and creat new music!

// Hellqvist
#26May 29th, 2006 · 01:00 AM
2 posts
United States of America
Sheep
A demiurgic, clever boy of modesty.  It sticks to me, your stickablity.  And I wake up from bizarre-o nightmares with this song stuck in my head, repeating and the way you say "I understand".  Oh my gosh.
#27May 31st, 2006 · 10:46 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
ah, very nice.

I've gotta say, I was quite worried in the beginning (fountains of wayne - all kinds of time)... but that was overcome in an instant...

This is really nice.

yeh, work on that strummin and you've got it...
#28June 4th, 2006 · 11:59 PM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
Wow
I really like this song! Your voice is great!!!! very simple piece, yet effective, great vocal lines. Reminds me a little of Xavier Rudd! Your stuff is really great, and congrats on the 2nd place! Hey maybe your stuff will someday be on that show with Simon Barnett, ohh whatzit called. ..
#29August 17th, 2006 · 01:15 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
63 posts
United Kingdom
Nice
I really like this

It's funny, I was just thinking it sounds like Paul Simon and I then read JimK's comment which said the same thing.

PRG
#30September 10th, 2006 · 04:37 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
145 posts
United States of America
You and ben should do a piece together cuz you both rock
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 8:54 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.