1 2 3

#16August 27th, 2006 · 06:05 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Well this is a gem,the emotive vox really balances well with guitar,e bow nice touch and placement... and such lyrics .Particularly picked up on 7 steps 2 the door.
Keep it up.
#17August 27th, 2006 · 06:56 PM
5 posts
United States of America
The guitar was pretty, but this isn't really my type of music.  If it was, I'd say it was good.
#18September 1st, 2006 · 12:37 AM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
you new zealanders... always such the romantic...    but this was nice as are all your songs i actully injoyed this very much kinda sorta put me in a mood to relaxe take a bubble bath put on some fuzzy slippers and a robe and kick back by a fireplace... as i ve said before you have great tallent! and i cant wait to hear your new stuff, this gets a very high vote from me

(just teasing about be a romantic, its actully sweet )

the paper cut
pap
#19September 1st, 2006 · 01:04 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
145 posts
United States of America
Encore!
Amazing. This is way too professionally done for me to critic on anything because to me it sounds like a song I'd hear on the radio! If one doesn't know... they shouldn't say it should be done this way, so i won't say anything but

Amazing

)Luke(
#20September 9th, 2006 · 05:18 PM
10 threads / 7 songs
78 posts
Trinidad and Tobago
I like it alot your voice is amaxing everything about the song is amazing wonderful job

#21September 11th, 2006 · 01:23 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
best song writing yet
OK the guitars are flawlessly played and support the lead melody and the lead melody fits into the song perfectly. As far as hooks go that's  "artistic choice" to me. This song doesn't need it. Much like classical music didn't do repetitive,some songs when written a certain way don't need to be all that repetitive. I think this song is one of the best I've heard and really puts out the emotion.
#22September 11th, 2006 · 10:07 PM
8 threads / 2 songs
47 posts
India
great song
loved it
#23September 17th, 2006 · 02:34 PM
14 threads / 7 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Excellent! Very good production, balances are perfect, guitar sound is great, your voice works perfectly. Wonderful words.
Nice work!
#24September 20th, 2006 · 12:32 AM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
WOW!!!
Chester! You rock! Your sweet sweet voice...ahhhhhhhhhhh. Another great song by you. It was definately a treat to hear you play live from NZ the other night on skype!!!!!
#25September 20th, 2006 · 04:41 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
12 posts
Finland
last scene of an episode...
i like these kind of songs, just acoustic guitar and singing.
but the balance is disturbing: you should cut down some
volume from the vocals. nice song though, very o.c.
Like those songs always in the last scene of an episode,
where they show different characters all doing just great.
And then, slowly fading out to the ending titles.
#26November 1st, 2006 · 07:16 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
A beautiful song
What a truly beautiful song.

About this 'hook' thing.

A musical hook makes a song 'catchy'
as does a lyrical hook, one creates that 'sing along thing', but a lyrical hook if chosen well can also have that 'Chinese whispers' effect in that it can change meaning, relevant to the song or to the listener whether they understand the story within the song or not.

I fully understand that a song is personal but the reality is that you wouldn't make it a song if you didn't want more people to hear it, so logically if you want more people to hear it (listen to it) it must in some way be 'catchy'!

Its a catchy 22.
#27November 1st, 2006 · 06:52 PM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
That's not true.... Lots of people write songs for other reasons other than to get recognition. I'm one of them.

- Chester
#28November 2nd, 2006 · 05:50 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Fact from the hart
I didn't say 'recognition', I said 'for more people to hear it'

If you make a song and don't share it with 'anybody', wouldn't you then not get the concept 'dose a tree make a sound when it falls if there's nobody there to hear it (bit of an egotistical proverb on the part of us humans  to be honest with you, but never mind, you know what I mean!)

And if you don't share that song, couldn't you just as well stick to keeping a personal diary?

I respect your point of view and can picture a few situations where music is that personal, but I still feel that the element of 'sharing' is dormant from the beginning.
#29February 10th, 2008 · 03:14 AM
27 threads / 2 songs
179 posts
Canada
I got the hook as being: It's only natural you should leave me
                         It's almost certain you'll stay
                         But if you leave me
                         Please just go; turn and move away
                         Turn and move away
It is repeated and I find that is the most memorable part anyways.
I don't personally believe a title has to be from the hook, or even for that matter....any part of the song whatsoever.

Anyways, like your stuff, thanks for posting(I know this is a year old post, but meh who cares?)

-Mark
#30April 19th, 2008 · 07:36 PM
12 threads / 12 songs
89 posts
Canada
seven
Good vocals as usual man. Great picking on the steel strings. Depth in your words here too. What is that wild sound in the background? A chello? Cool...Have a great day man!...JGV 
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 3:08 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.