1 2
#16August 18th, 2006 · 06:43 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
eh yeah, thanks man! .... what can I say. PoO is a different tune... I even think I understand why people seem to like that song more than most of my other stuff... Though I have to disagree to some length.

Uh yeah, I have access to quite some better 12 strings... but this one is something special... I do think it sounds great, even though it's a killer to tune right. I think I've gotten the hang of it now, though

I know I do have some vocal skills, but I'm not eager in putting them upfront... my personal vision of music prevents me from doing so - I see my voice as an instrument, which requires as much thought-over mixing and processing as any of the other instruments, hence it should not overpower or "guide" the other sounds, but it should be drowned into them. To my experience that works best on a dancefloor where everybody is intoxicated and the levels are screwed up so loudly that every detail is being amplified to a level crucial to permanent hearing damage... um... what am I saying? .. . . . . ... .. . . ..

anyway - Hound... Well mighty loads of thanx for your critique, it's definately something to work with! Though I must be off to re write the so manieth remake of Happy Valentine, odd enough that one must be a direct evolution of this little song... Or maybe just the lyrics and intention... dunno
#17August 18th, 2006 · 06:53 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
PuppetXeno wrote…
eh yeah, thanks man! .... what can I say. PoO is a different tune... I even think I understand why people seem to like that song more than most of my other stuff... Though I have to disagree to some length.

Uh yeah, I have access to quite some better 12 strings... but this one is something special... I do think it sounds great, even though it's a killer to tune right. I think I've gotten the hang of it now, though

I know I do have some vocal skills, but I'm not eager in putting them upfront... my personal vision of music prevents me from doing so - I see my voice as an instrument, which requires as much thought-over mixing and processing as any of the other instruments, hence it should not overpower or "guide" the other sounds, but it should be drowned into them. To my experience that works best on a dancefloor where everybody is intoxicated and the levels are screwed up so loudly that every detail is being amplified to a level crucial to permanent hearing damage... um... what am I saying? .. . . . . ... .. . . ..

anyway - Hound... Well mighty loads of thanx for your critique, it's definately something to work with! Though I must be off to re write the so manieth remake of Happy Valentine, odd enough that one must be a direct evolution of this little song... Or maybe just the lyrics and intention... dunno 8)

By now I probably sound like a broken record but I agree 100% about the vocals.I love how they are mixed here. I the listener decide what instrument I am going to concentrate listening to or all of them if I like.Much more enjoyable listen for me with the vocals a little back. Also to make the lyrics out one has to really listen, so now you have 100% attention.......devious aren't you? 
#18August 20th, 2006 · 09:14 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
i really like this song, gets me in a mood where 'Beck' gets me, great beat and sounds, catchy melody!

i am in between visions about the vocal volume,

-on one side i think if one has to say something, it must be loud and clear(btw not
 overpowering other things)

-on the other hand i like the vision of using voice as an instrument

in this song i'd personally liked the voice to be loud and clear

but of course since i know it was ment this way i respect that, so it wont be an influence to my vote

and a download for sure! 

EDIT: listening later on i must admit that the vocal volume fits the restrained way of singin, i also turned up the listening volume a lot, maybe that helped too 
#19August 20th, 2006 · 11:51 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
11 posts
Germany
I like this a lot, its something a bit different. 60 euros dont sound to bad
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 10:01 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.