1 2

#1January 18th, 2006 · 05:38 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Hound

This song is not in a battle

And now, for something completely different.

This is called "Hound" and is written for a very special person in my life, whom I regret to say, had to let go for various reasons. One of them being the inevitable odyssey of self discovery...

played on a Klira acoustic 12-string I bought off a haggard old man at the Queens-night market (some Dutch local affair) for 60 Euros. Can't keep the damn thing in tune... Oh well...

HOUND

admit it - you wanted me to understand you before your time
too wild to settle down, just learning how to look around
you had me, noble and wise, caged in the palace of your trials
and I could not escape
I was only trying to get inside...

I believed in anything that you would tell me
I would give just anything if you could tell me now

when you told me to relax, I was breathing with your breath
when you told me to be strong, never more did I go wrong
when you told me to be true, I tied myself to the ground
when you told me to get lost, I lost my touch, I'm

more loyal than the hounds that stick around
more loyal than that hound that sticks around

I'll believe in anything that you will tell me

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 18th, 2006 · 05:52 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
This is weird man... Cannot describe what style it is; surely not mine.
But the song itself is well recorded and well composed. Like that weird guitar. And that vocal sounds good... gives the song a weird ( once again) feeling. Pretty lyrics.
Guess you should increase the drums volume.
Keep this up, man.

> Iszil
#3January 18th, 2006 · 09:26 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
You've got some interesting effects on your voice with this one, but they didn't work out as well as others.
Agree with Iszil, you might want to bring the drums up, and maybe the vocals jsut a tiny bit. Just a little, thought, if at all.
#4January 19th, 2006 · 01:51 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yes, thanks, and well...

for now, I uploaded this song bc I had just tested my new mp3 player's function to direct encode from a line in source. as you see, it worked, and I'm happy.
I picked this song because it means something to me, and because it's very different from my other work here on BandAMP.

so there's nothing I will do about the mix (even though I could if I'd look up the original multitrack recording), neither am I going to re-record this song. Feel free to comment on anything though, as it helps me understand the observer's points of view better!

However, what I really hope to be able to do one day is to create a sequel to it... any ideas on that one, anyone?
#5January 20th, 2006 · 06:27 AM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
super lyrics px.....different from your other posts...
but still has that..specific px-appeal....this song reaks of imspiration
good work! jam on!
#6January 20th, 2006 · 06:38 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
24 posts
United States of America
i think it needs some work.. but i really really like the track.. its awesome!
#7January 20th, 2006 · 08:14 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
dDuenskie wrote…
i think it needs some work.. but i really really like the track.. its awesome!

thanks... in what aspect do you think it requires some work?
#8January 21st, 2006 · 08:34 AM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
Man, it is, indeed, different from your other songs and I like it a lot.  Your other songs are also good, but so much not up my alley that I do not allow myself to comment.  On this one I like many things: the darkish mood, the arrangements, some especially cool guitar work from 1 min 29 (I think I've heard couple of notes you could do without at 3 min 09-10, but otherwise it's mighty fine), the voice which, while being rather emotionless, delivers the emotional lyrics so well.  Good work.  Give us more of "something completely different".
#9February 2nd, 2006 · 06:33 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Hound
I really like this sound......................acoustic grungish.............a swooping song..........beware of the man with the mandolin.............he is in control............

apart from a few bum notes this is emotive..............in a spooky way
#10February 4th, 2006 · 03:03 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
wow...  really interesting song....

very surreal style....   production is never bad when coming from you...  

The only thing I don't like about it, is the vocals seem drowned out because they are so low(frequency not volume)  makes it very difficult to make out sometimes.... otherwise very cool.... 
       JimK
#11February 4th, 2006 · 07:49 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
I remember me and John were talking about a dark streak in Robbie Williams' personality which becomes visible (or should I say audible in this case) in some of his songs. I think it's also very true in your case.

And I remember talking to you about the unfortunate relationship this song is about, I believe.
I can feel your dissappointment with the affair in this song, and I guess I ought not to say much about it's artistic side as I think judging it music-wise would colide with its message and the fact that the song is a way of venting your anger, or whatever feelings are there inside of you. To me, musically, this is a piece of which purpose is to get the listener into that state that your relationship has left you in and I think that you have accomplished that perfectly. However, if you want any critique, I am going to boil it down to the rating i am going to give the song - 90%. This should say it all.

On listening to it for the fourth time in a row I have a feeling that you started off with the first verse written down on the paper and then thought of how to get music into it. Later on, the song just carried itself on to the end, seeing you with the guitar in your hand and some ideas being thrown out off your head.

It's so much different from everything that's on bandamp...

I am gald that you menaged to include so much feeling and so many emotions into the song - excelent job, Tom. Thanks
#12February 15th, 2006 · 10:18 AM
6 posts
United States of America
this is not really my style. but I think it rocks. it is real cool. reminds me of some of the stuff my nephew listens to. he would like this. I am going to save it for him.
  parmesanron
#13February 15th, 2006 · 02:35 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
sounds weird but it likes me, this is different to others in Bandamp. In addition, the lyrics want to be sing as you do. The voice is dark. Maybe if you put a background sintetizer you would achieve a different atmosphere in to the dark scene.
#14February 16th, 2006 · 02:52 AM
9 threads / 7 songs
66 posts
Canada
re: Hound
PuppetXeno wrote…
And now, for something completely different.

This is called "Hound" and is written for a very special person in my life, whom I regret to say, had to let go for various reasons. One of them being the inevitable odyssey of self discovery...

played on a Klira acoustic 12-string I bought off a haggard old man at the Queens-night market (some Dutch local affair) for 60 Euros. Can't keep the damn thing in tune... Oh well...

HOUND

admit it - you wanted me to understand you before your time
too wild to settle down, just learning how to look around
you had me, noble and wise, caged in the palace of your trials
and I could not escape
I was only trying to get inside...

I believed in anything that you would tell me

when you told me to relax, I was breathing with your breath
when you told me to be strong, never more did I go wrong
when you told me to be true, I tied myself to the ground
when you told me to get lost, I lost my touch, I'm

more loyal than that hound that sticks around

I'll believe in anything that you will tell me

;)
I like it...
#15August 18th, 2006 · 12:19 AM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
Holy shit dude!
This is a great song. I was just checking out the Amp with a friend of mine and played a few of yours for him. he really liked this and Prayers of Omen.
You need a better 12 string but shit! I like it. Not sure how you feel about yourself as a singer but from other posts of yours I've read I gather you're as enthusiastic about your voice as i am about mine.
But still, your vocals should stand out more and take charge. It seems most of your vocal tracks are back in the mix and heavily processed...cool with a lot of your stuff but this song needs a voice, not a singer. You should own this sucker.
The lyrics are more dramatic than I'm used to but they work with the voice.
Thought I heard all your songs...Don't know how i missed this one. surprising and cool.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 6:41 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.