1 2

#1January 4th, 2006 · 03:54 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
hideous skirt
Score: 75.6%
Battle: 2006-03

Some girl in a book once said to me that airplanes are actually carried across the sky by angels and that all ugly skirts should be burnt. I experienced something that led me to believe she might be right. Therefore  this song was born.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 4th, 2006 · 04:25 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Great song. Can you post the lyrics, please? I could only hope the song be of better quality as for mp3 compression.
Good work. Oh, and I wish there were more instruments, or, they had been recorded with better care - the guitars seem to be a little weak but I atribute this fact to the mp3 quality. However, I can't hear the bass guitar - is there any?  Oh, I just realised that some keyboards is what I am actually missing. Or sth like that. And some variation on the verse melody as the song progresses would be nice.
Good luck to you two.
Jim
#3January 6th, 2006 · 07:51 AM
13 threads / 12 songs
37 posts
Israel
wow, that is a great song. haunting singer......kinda reminds me of Denali, in a good way. also liked the powerfull drumwork.
#4January 7th, 2006 · 10:09 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
great song, I love those vocals.

mixing should have been better though - the mp3 quality is horrible, and it's all mono.

plus, not hearing a bass?

but there is a great feeling to it.

keep working on your material, and upload some more!
#5January 7th, 2006 · 11:35 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
No Bass
The guitar is a gypsy oval hole!!.
Distortion is from a roland mikro cube(litlle amp to play in open aer).
And indeed there isnt any bas guitar!!
Perhaps to achieve a more open sound.
Drums:. i did an overdub with real drums over the human rythem composer.
Overall,..it sounds a bit like primitive ,i agree..but it was"t our purpose to achieve high quality
recordings.More :just a preview for ourself and bandamp/ongekend talent friends family
the whole mik mak(lol).
In the near future we want to make better recordings,..for our(new to come) webside
etc etc.(new cd?).
And we want to do this in a proffesionel studio.We can use a proffessional studio in Rotterdam for free!!cause of renaat"s study(conservatorium),overthere..thats nice!
Mp3 quality:our cd rom has crasched so we had to use line in/mic on the backside of the computer.

Thanks,..greetings:Ed.
#6January 7th, 2006 · 11:43 AM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
but..... but the bass! where is the bass?! what did you do with the bass? it needs a bass. everyone needs a good bass.  its the backbone. that and the drums. you jsut can't do without them. add a bass and keys. bass is more important though.
#7January 7th, 2006 · 05:16 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
I agree ,..eventualy we want to add bass guitar(got much respect for that intrument).
But for this song we found it better to create a more open sound.
Its also a matter of taste,perhaps  this song doesn"t need any bass guitar,.. We"ll see.
#8February 19th, 2006 · 08:08 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
I downloaded this song when you first put it on here. I absolutely love it and can't believe it hasn't received more votes and critiques by now.
I like it just the way it is. There is no bass. And that sounds fine to me- I really don't think it needs bass guitar. Honestly! The 'open sound' you mention is spot on- gives it a live feel. I can imagine the band playing live in that bar in From Dusk Til Dawn just before all the vampire stuff kicks off. Excellent!
Perhaps during the louder part at the end there is a little distortion which could be produced a bit better but I like the overall rawness of the sound for this song.
And the end is perfect.
I gave this 100% a month ago and I haven't changed my mind since. It might not 'sound' commercially professional but it does sound exactly as it should do for me- hence 100%.
#9February 20th, 2006 · 01:07 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
This sonds good. Alternative rock.
Yeah, you need a bass. I support Oldies idea.
That girl voice is pretty good.
The recording quality must be improved.

> Iszil
#10March 1st, 2006 · 08:13 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
15 posts
Spain
LOVE SONG!
Creativity, talent, creativity, talent....SOUND!!
Good song, the female vocals are wonderful, breaks at drums are well-thought,  and the music expression is perfect..
I love this song.. Like Iszil says, music sound would be improved, but without ideas, or musical concepts, a song couldnīt be a good song only with good sound...
Create more songs like this, please!!
#11March 1st, 2006 · 09:33 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
You guys are great thanks Xorth thanx for your responce
We will try to upload as soon as possible.
#12March 2nd, 2006 · 06:27 PM
7 threads
104 posts
United Kingdom
Liked this a lot. Please can you post up the studio version when available ? The drum sound on this version is very 'dry' and rather dominant in the mix (overdubbed a drum machine ? lol - a click track is far less hassle) but the drumming style fits the song well. The vocals make the track work and also fit well with the drumming style. Bass guitar would round the sound out but I think adding a keyboard track would also work well in your studio version (ref JPB). You may decide that you don't need both. O yes, and the ending was a bit abrupt.

Good luck & keep 'em coming.
#13March 3rd, 2006 · 08:01 PM
9 threads / 7 songs
66 posts
Canada
I enjoy this song. It has a live feeling to it. I think the guitar and the layed back feel is wicked. This will sound way better and I think the song will change dramaticly when you get it in the studio. When you have the finished product in the studio it will sound nothing like this. Anyways I think you guys did a great job on this, but next time don't rush the recording just to get it on here. Take some time to mix a little more and you will more pleased with your music in the future.
#14March 4th, 2006 · 12:26 PM
3 posts
Canada
I like this. Vocals are really great, one thing I love about women vocals is that you can rarely get the same gentle effect with guys.
#15March 4th, 2006 · 12:42 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I can't say too much that hasn't already been said...

It is well done....  The quality is horrible.... but that is well explained...   and I too agree that is too empty without keys and/or bass... but I think it has alot of potential to really be a great song once completed in the studio... 

I too would love to hear you post the studio version when done... in fact, if you are going to do a studio version, then why have this in the battle?  you won't be able to remove this version.. it will be here forever...

JimK   I have rated this song
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 12:04 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.