1 2 3

#1December 24th, 2005 · 05:21 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
Love/Stupidity
Score: 84.2%
Battle: 2006-03

I added lyrics to my fruityloops experiment.
Its a short song, but I'm quite proud.
Its dedicated to my ex boyfriend, who is now my best friend and my lover... Yeh, work that one out.

Lyrics:

Why do you insist
That I am something special?
Have you not listened at all
How can you know
The ugly things I've done
And still call me beautiful
You call me beautiful...

Is it love?
Or stupidity?
It can't be love,
Because it's hurting me.
Is it love?
Or stupidity?
It can't be love,
Because its hurting me.

It's been six months,
A hell of a bumpy ride,
And I am amazed,
That you're still by my side.
Six months, feels just like all my life,
I know you don't believe in marriage,
But I'd love to be your wife.

Is it love?
Or stupidity?
Is it love?
That binds you to me>
Is it love?
Or are we just being silly.

[Lol, I instantly regretted the last line...as soon as I'd converted it into an mp3. I can't think of a song that uses 'Silly' and gets away with it.]

MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 24th, 2005 · 07:22 PM
21 threads / 21 songs
72 posts
Germany
Wow
What should I say....  This is so great.  Don't take me too serious coz people in love are blind and I'm in love with your music.  Especially that point where the strings start playing. 
I'm sure you'll become famous and me and many others will buy your CDs (by the way - is there already one?)...   I showed your music to all of my friends and all of them were impressed, yes and I'm proud of knowing you yet...  :-)
Keep it on
#3December 24th, 2005 · 11:23 PM
12 threads / 11 songs
61 posts
United States of America
wow, that was beautiful...  you're very talented and i love your voice.  done with frootyloops and a mic eh?  and it's good enough for the radio, that's for sure.

and i like the last line, btw 
#4December 25th, 2005 · 12:18 AM
5 threads / 4 songs
14 posts
United States of America
same as before, great voice, and i love the dissonance of the strings against the keyboards
#5December 25th, 2005 · 05:01 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Hi there,

YES that's it. Not perfect for 100%. But again the buildup is fine and this kind of music creates a new genre. It's porcelain-ish. IMO i would use less effect to the voice to let your vocals stand in the front (OMG english is not my tounge) hope you know what I mean. But this tune is on the way right to the top. Congratulations!
#6December 25th, 2005 · 05:09 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
fan
You are very talented. Very deep sound, very crisp all.. and that lovely voice of yours.

I am amazed how you manage to translate the insecurities of the message to the music. I mean it's not all just plain happiness in your tune - the dissonance mentioned earlier, and the vocal harmonies - touches the great unknown with all great life's questions that are there. Such as What is love, really?

Love is a many sided thing. To some, it's many splintered. But I love your music.

Keep it up.
#7December 25th, 2005 · 07:40 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
15 posts
India
this is beautiful .
#8December 25th, 2005 · 11:08 AM
9 threads / 9 songs
33 posts
United States of America
Being silly
I'm just being silly, but i do love the song.
#9December 26th, 2005 · 01:01 AM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
Might be silly but beautiful, love? song? both?
You can get away with that line, why not...
Very very nice tune
#10December 27th, 2005 · 02:45 AM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
one word
yes
#11December 27th, 2005 · 07:19 AM
7 threads
104 posts
United Kingdom
Top Drawer as usual. Very distinctive style which is not getting lost in the maze of influences to which by now you must be getting.

OK now for the last line... because of the way you pitch it, your audience is going to take that away with them, so it's a bit of a weak line to leave them with. So how about..
Or was it just Stupidity?

that ties it in to the title & the underlying theme of the lyrics and leaves the question hanging in the air (because you still don't know). Note the use of "was it.." instead of "is it...", that's important.

P.S. The opinions of Dr. Rewrite will be understood by some & not by others but should never be interpreted as a mere criticism of the song.  - Dr. R.  
#12December 27th, 2005 · 11:04 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
13 posts
Sweden
re: Love/Stupidity
Great. In the genre i mean.
#13December 28th, 2005 · 05:28 AM
96 posts
United States of America
rock on women!!!!
this song has alot of power to it
what happened to school? you better still be going!!!
anyways, this is another great work from you - you never let me down, my wife loves your work

it is alittle short - but that 'silly' line isn't that silly
it is a word:::

sil·ly    ( P )    (sl)
adj. sil·li·er, sil·li·est
Exhibiting a lack of wisdom or good sense; foolish. See Synonyms at foolish.
Lacking seriousness or responsibleness; frivolous: indulged in silly word play; silly pet names for each other.
Semiconscious; dazed: knocked silly by the impact.

[Middle English seli, silli, blessed, innocent, hapless, from Old English gesælig, blessed.]
silli·ly (sl-l) adv.
silli·ness n.

anyways - i know there is some songs out there using the word silly - besides - this is art - not a contest, well, after the contest is over, you still have your song LOL

great work
A++++++++++++++
#14December 28th, 2005 · 12:31 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
hehe, I'm not surprised how everyone has reacted to this song. The lyrics just say sooo much and convey a point very quickly, but a deep and thoughtful point. Very well done on the vox, a little too much effect on them, but it's not bad.
I completely disagree with arroseuk. I think the last line really punched it with me bc you've already stated stupidity and I was expecting stupidity but came away with a better line.
I really like your midi drums, too. Anyway, once again, great song!
#15December 31st, 2005 · 11:39 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Not my favorite of yours, but still in all another good song. 

Although I love the sound of your voice, I don't particularly like the vocal line - slightly too repetitive for me.  But the blend of the other instruments are very nice.

As for the lyrics - they say what you feel, which is a good thing.  I know what you mean about the last line, but don't think I'd change it - like Creative says, you've covered the stupidity bit, so using "silly" is fine.

By the way, you really do have loads of talent - and I still love your voice!  
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 6:37 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.