1 2

#1December 19th, 2005 · 02:17 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Blessed (Rerecorded)
Score: 71.0%
Battle: 2006-11

Ok this time the chords are right. The recording however is poorer than the last time. Hopefully it is decent enough to sit through a couple of sessions.

Lyrics:

Blessed

There are two ways to look at the world,
There’s a way with the rosy glasses on,
But there’s also another side to the coin
It not pretty, it’s sad and forlorn.

Behind the veil there’s a face,
You don’t see it but it’s there,
If you ain’t blinded by joy,
You will trace the pain.

Any time that you feel that there’s nothing for you to live,
Remember there are millions who would give,
Anything for your life.

Anytime that you feel that the worlds unkind to you,
Just take a look around, there are people doing much worse than you.

Two ways to look at the world….

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 19th, 2005 · 02:25 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
I am sorry the title should be Blessed (Rerecorded).
#3December 19th, 2005 · 11:55 AM
4 threads / 3 songs
13 posts
United Kingdom
tune
LIKE THE INSTRUMENT THAT ACCOMPANIES THE GUITAR WOULD SOUND COOL WITH SOME HARMONIES AND STRINGS TO GIVE IT A BIT OF COLOUR AND A LIFT!
#4December 19th, 2005 · 11:55 AM
4 threads / 3 songs
13 posts
United Kingdom
tune
LIKE THE INSTRUMENT THAT ACCOMPANIES THE GUITAR WOULD SOUND COOL WITH SOME HARMONIES AND STRINGS TO GIVE IT A BIT OF COLOUR AND A LIFT!
#5December 19th, 2005 · 01:09 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
wow ramblers... all caps eh?

jeez wow songwriter, you write sensitive music. I wish you'd play that guitar with a bit more confidence though, and man do I wish you'd work on your production value more.

but the song... beautiful song, your voice, and the way you're singing, is great - ofcourse you could train your breathing some more -

I love that flute and that harmonica, and the intended feel of the song.

The lyrics - the subject of the lyrics - is a very generic truth, yet therefore deserves to be pointed out time and again. All in all this is a beautiful song, really fits the time of year but it has production issues, of which you are well aware.

so keep it up ask santa for a usb audio interface or som' it'll do magic!
#6December 19th, 2005 · 06:24 PM
9 threads / 9 songs
33 posts
United States of America
beautiful song
beautiful song, needs a little more production work.
#7December 20th, 2005 · 06:17 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
thnk u for listening, hopefully with time and experience both the production quality and the quality will improve.
#8December 20th, 2005 · 11:24 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
I like the instrumental harmony during the verses "There are two ways to look at the world". I think it would stand out more if it were more forward in the mix. I really like the harmonica. Very nice lyrics. Yes the production is a little better. And the tuning is much, much better! Like Pup said, confidence shows thru in music and you should have more when singing and playing. I know it's more of a reflective song, it's not about you, but a little more agressiveness when playing and singing isn't bad on these types of songs.
#9December 24th, 2005 · 08:58 AM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
You should definatly play guitar with more confidance. I do, however, feel that the lyrics don't fit in variouse places. It's a problem I have alot.
I like the idea and the song itself though. Just try and find away to change the lyrics so you get the same message across and they fit better.
#10December 24th, 2005 · 04:15 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
37 posts
Israel
good sound, your vocals have a personality and i like that. the guitar is not good enough to hold the song, either foucous on the flute or learn how to pick man!
#11December 25th, 2005 · 12:21 AM
5 threads / 4 songs
14 posts
United States of America
learn to play guitar better, or add other voices of bass or drums to keep the song together
id focus on the vocals more than the melody that you have, your voice is better than anything that you play
#12January 18th, 2006 · 11:53 AM
10 threads / 7 songs
23 posts
Belgium
Nice instrumentals,nice voice,good song just one thing I'd say and that's about the lyrics. If someone who's depressed hears this I think he can get the thought that you don't understand that person and for me it sounds that you want to help those people but I think some people will not agree your thought
#13February 4th, 2006 · 02:50 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
great song.....  

I think this has sooo much potential....   I think cindercloudmusic is incorrect and is missing the feeling and emotion and the point...   but that is ok...   part of it is lost in the production....   with a better production and  some more agressive vocals, not to mention a more confident guitar, this will be one of the best songs on bandamp....

Very well written....
                        JimK
#14February 17th, 2006 · 01:12 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Beautiful lyrics.
There's a lot of potential here. Just need a better quality.
That kinda flute sounds pretty good; what is it?
Nice tune.

> Iszil
#15June 19th, 2006 · 10:31 AM
9 threads / 4 songs
209 posts
India
nice song...

lots of potential...

main bhi hundustani dost.....
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 1:04 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.