#1December 18th, 2005 · 08:20 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
The Blue Room (ii)
Score: 81.9%
Battle: 2006-03

Hi all,

I'm pround to announce another BandAmp colaboration!

The is The Blue Room, touched by the creative genious of JBP. He sings the song and also wrote the lyrics, influenced by recent events in my life.

I have to say that I'm personally very happy with the results.

I hope you like it too.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 18th, 2005 · 08:24 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Sorry, incase it's not clear, JBP also wrote the vocal melodies! I thought I had written that!
#3December 18th, 2005 · 08:33 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Congratulation guys! Great song! Publish it, it's popular.

JBP's creative power never stops. Think its the influence of Bandamp.  Who's idea was it?
#4December 18th, 2005 · 08:51 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
wow, that is just great... it's become a real song, JBP's vocals and melody are absolutely great on it!

The music is warm and has a great feel to it - except that I don't really like the drum sounds, especially the cymbals - they're really getting in the way of the listening experience. Perhaps if you'd had put a bit processing to them to make them less dry - regarding that, you have given me new hope for CreativeControl&me
but everything else about is great - the composition in general, and the mix is okay (though the solo could've been more up perhaps)

well... I think it's just great that people on this site are collaborating, I hope many more will follow the example.

cheers!
#5December 18th, 2005 · 09:06 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Thanks!

I didn't get around to re-recording the original track as I still don't have my studio together, so the backing is the same as the original The Blue Room. However, JBP's touch breathed life into it in pretty much just the way I envisaged it originally. After listening to some of his work, thats why I contacted him.
#6December 18th, 2005 · 09:13 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
The drums, by the way, are an Alesis DM5, and you are quite right to think that they are completely dry - I didn't even separate the drums from the cymbals - it all went down mixed together - same as on Duplicity. Next time I'll work on that a bit more! At the time it sounded great as I was used to using an old Roland DR550!!
#7December 18th, 2005 · 06:05 PM
9 threads / 9 songs
33 posts
United States of America
smooth flow
smooth flow,good song the mix OK, bass need more define , guitar more echo on solo.
#8December 19th, 2005 · 01:47 AM
96 posts
United States of America
Awsome!
That has a real really realness to it!
all the parts are flowing a very nice melody - great vocal work!!!!
Awsome!

A++++
#9December 19th, 2005 · 02:00 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
I seem to be listening to some superbly produced tracks on Bandamp today - this one is stunning, especially when you think it's a long distance collaboration.

JBP is high up there on my favorite artists on this site, and he's done another superb job on this one.  But then the song itself is great, so the praise goes to Daeljan in the first place for writing it.

Well done guys!
#10December 20th, 2005 · 12:25 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Wow, Daeljan! You were certainly right in getting JBP, The Blue Room is a great song, but he breathed life into it. I always thought it was lyrically structured. Great job to you DJ, originally, and to JBP for his lyrical genius. He makes me feel like such a slacker, which is why I'm going to call him "Ant" for his efficient use of time.
Great vox, JBP!
#11December 20th, 2005 · 04:55 PM
18 posts
United States of America
I can't believe you are giving this song away for free!

Well done, only two real criticisms...the guitar solo is kind of weak: the first line is good but after that it just doesn't do anything for me...also I don't like the end...at least how the drums just stop...too much.  All in all a terrific song.  Well done all.
#12January 2nd, 2006 · 12:32 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
the underlying music is great -- it reminds me of Unforgettable Fire-era U2. The vocals were good too but I actually liked the song better without them Possible because I keep envisioning bono singing them.
#13January 2nd, 2006 · 02:45 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
23 posts
Netherlands
yeah
i love blue music keep going on with inspiring me
#14January 2nd, 2006 · 05:37 PM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Thanks for the comments
Thanks very much for your comments!

Clusterone: I can sort of see where you are comming from - those picked high notes sounded remeniscent to me of U2, but that definately wasnt delibarate, and I only noticed afterwards - I dont even liten to U2 as much as I probably should!!

However, I think JBP did a great job on it. I did have plans to re-record it first giving it a slightly heavier touch, but I dont think I will now as I like it how it is.

Dont forget to rate this track if you leave comments by the way!!

Thanks all!
#15January 3rd, 2006 · 04:15 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
oh no
i can`t listen to this because i don`t have headphones on the public computers that i use... i`m downloading it and sending it to my ipod so that i listen in later, i`ll write back to let you know how i like it

the comments thus far are encouraging!
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 5:17 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.