1 2

#1December 14th, 2005 · 07:37 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Silhouettes

This song is not in a battle

this is the last song made with my former band Undertow (later U-tow)
It's not fully finished recording, thats why in the end it gets a bit messy, as if it takes too long to reach the end.
One day maybe I finish that job.
Should I? tell me...
Or should I just forget about this song, tell me too!
But everytime i hear the intro I get excited..., later on i'm loosing enthiousasm.
Ofcourse i heard the slips in the mainsolo too, it wasn't a chromatic change :-)
If I'd play that solo again, I think I should get the wah-wah  later on the solo back again.., don't you?

(Lyrics by Lawrence Payne, 2002)

• SILHOUETTES…

Going on & on…is all we’ve ever known…
Everyone knows the show…so famous yet unknown…
Whatever comes to mind…brings you the following lines…
Forever…Circular…Time…whatever the disguise…

Whatever needs a sign…or re-assuring inside…
Endeavour the peaceful guide…whatever comes to mind…
Mind’s showing where the shine will be glowing…

…& Going on & on…is all I’ve ever known…
Sometimes it all unfolds…
As contents knows container holds…
…What is known?…

How come the feeling don’t last for long?…
The precious moment turned to stone cold memory…
Oh, daily routine!…could your clouds agree…
…to do the Spacious-Silhouette-Pirouette way up high with me?…
Or would they float, wave goodbye, in an airy matter?…

…Out of the blue the wind whispers to you…
…Shine like a Sun…
…Shine like a Sun…
…Shine like a Sun/Son…

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 14th, 2005 · 08:14 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United States of America
I'd lose the guitar intro before the drums come in.  I love how the solo starts out, maybe needs some more energy later on.  the vocal effects fit pretty well for this tune, but it sounds a bit harsh.  overall like this piece, I think you should stick with it.  DIg the organ sound too, nice feeling change
#3December 14th, 2005 · 10:01 PM
5 threads / 4 songs
29 posts
Canada
Cool
I like the bluesy Floyd feel to it.The vocals sound really cool, how did you do that?
#4December 15th, 2005 · 12:05 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Nice song!
Kinda bluesy and psychedelic.
Yeah, was a bit Pink Floyd-ish, and that's nice. Good solos!
I think you should finish it man. Could end being a really good song!
Will rate you nicely.

> Iszil
#5December 15th, 2005 · 02:44 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Yes it's Floyd-ish. But good. Effects like reverb fit the song. Guitars are well placed. You definately create a mood with this song. I think this song can't stand alone as it. It is like chapter of a story. It needs more songs around it.

It's not the question of whawha or not. But if you asked: dont play the wha in the whole song.

Recording is pro. Congratulations!
#6December 15th, 2005 · 08:39 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Some really sharp (ie. ear-cutting) frequencies in that wah -

but very moody song - a darker kind of blue, very appreciable

The drums and the bass sounds are awesome!

Yes, I think it takes too long to get to the end... After 4 minutes, I get impatient. I'd edit it to something shorter, say 4 1/2 minutes,

all in all beautiful track!
#7December 15th, 2005 · 10:20 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
wow..., tnx guys...!
And whats wrong with Floyd huh?
tnx for the tips too, and Rodan: graphic EQ my friend.., EQ..., the telephone voice is made only with that
#8December 15th, 2005 · 09:00 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Love Pink Floyd!

> Iszil
#9February 7th, 2006 · 02:35 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
I'm posting on this as comparison to your posting earlier today (actually I found it on the advice of a friend- thanks Puppet!) This song has been compared to Pink Floyd. I can certainly see that...however, I repeat myself....if anybody out there is familiar with Procol Harum...."live with the Edmonton Orchestra"...check it out. The epic, ethereal qualities....the theatrical, orchestral elements.... even the singer's "world-weary" tone. I find this compelling....renews my energy with regards to this genre. I am not, in any way suggesting this was influenced by Procol Harum...I'm just saying this appealled to me in a similar way. I understand this song may be well-known to Bandamp old-timers, but, hey, I'm a new guy. Humor me.
#10March 7th, 2006 · 02:59 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
Netherlands
Great man but....
Its a good song man
but my feeling is the beginning is good only at about 5min 20sec in the song when the ritem goes and the solo together the ritem is a bit faster then the sole so if you could time it better it would be a good sound. Second the change up at aboute 5min 55sec or at 6 min  when you go from silence to the last fast part you need a drum change there because you go sudenly to the change. Overall its a great sound man gratz.
hope i helped a bit to better it.
#11March 13th, 2006 · 10:36 AM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
ive sat and listend to your work max....this one i really like u made my playlist!
id be interested to know your recording methods
nice  job man ...keep it coming
#12March 27th, 2006 · 12:15 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
6 posts
United Kingdom
yeah, this is really kinda cool. Mellow - it seems to work well and the recording is very plush
#13March 27th, 2006 · 06:03 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
This one has got a classic  progression (thinking of the Beatles),...good song and good structure  but as it going on i must say:try to add at the end some more ending feel(i don't know myself what i actually mean but anyways).
#14March 28th, 2006 · 11:14 AM
It sounds a little sterile but the progression is great and all the parts frame the vocals well. The Intro is a little weak it should start with the first lyrics and go from there. The vocals at 5:57 could be clean with more feeling. Its all in all good I like the concept.
#15March 29th, 2006 · 03:09 AM
14 threads / 7 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Very good! I enjoy the feel of this piece, the instruments come together well and the mood really projects. I don't always enjoy this style, but this one really works for me.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:13 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.