1 2 3 4

#1December 5th, 2005 · 05:19 PM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Evergreen

This song is not in a battle

Finally! It works! this is quite seriously my 6th attempt at getting this song to load and play. Well done Chester. Well done.

Yes, so this is an old song... but has always held sentimental value with me

Check out my other stuff, I load another 2 songs today. A piano one, and then half a song... because i lost the other half... long story.

Seems a lot of people are adding lyrics. So I thought I'd put mine on a couple of songs

VERSE 1

So you’ve run away again?
And left nothing in your place.
Except a shadow and a sin,
Etched forever in your space.

PRECHORUS:

Than she turns to you and smiles,
At where you’ve been.
And says life ain’t,
Evergreen.

CHORUS:

Come fall down,
Get blown around.
You’re a leaf up in the air,
And it’s the autumn of your year.

VERSE 2

Well time is coming round the bend,
It seems you try too hard to smile.
And it’s only near the end,
That you find your inner child.

PRECHORUS:
It’s always,
Inbetween.
That you find life ain’t,
Evergreen.

CHORUS:

Come fall down,
Get blown around.
And it’s the autumn of your year. X2

OUTRO:

And it’s the autumn of your year.
Your year.

- Chester

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 5th, 2005 · 07:31 PM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
this song rules, best voice i have heard on this site, well done, what happened with the ending? im not sure but the song is awesome.
#3December 5th, 2005 · 08:25 PM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Hey thanks guys Really appreciate it.
#4December 5th, 2005 · 11:13 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
I like this! Good progression on the bridge! I'd like the sound of your fingers through the strings to be less obvious....yeah I know I got fussy, just a detail.
Very nice work!
I bit shorter wouldn't harm though
#5December 5th, 2005 · 11:23 PM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Yeah. It's about 4 minutes. That's what most of my songs end up being. I should add a bridge maybe. VOTE! This is the first time i've entered a battle and it's really interesting :P

- Chester
#6December 6th, 2005 · 11:30 AM
7 threads
104 posts
United Kingdom
Thoughtful lyrics. Length was fine for an album version - you can always invoke Mr Edit if somebody asks you to release it for radio play. Good Job (& yes I voted )
#7December 6th, 2005 · 02:29 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Awesome song. You have a wonderful voice. Absolutely fabulous guitar playing. Although...the swiping is a bit too loud, IMhumbleO. Where do you mic your guitar at?
Wonderful lyrics...I've downloaded it.
#8December 6th, 2005 · 04:45 PM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Hey Creative,
Yeah the swiping is really loud, but I've always been a sucker for upfront swiping. But to be honest, what these are are studio recordings before being mixed or mastered. These are just raw raw raw recordings that i've myself crudely put a bit of reverb into at home. I believe the guitar was mic'd at either end of the guitar and also in the middle. But i could be wrong, that might just be the more recent recordings. This is a couple of years old and I've recorded so much stuff! I can't remember it all.

- Chester
#9December 6th, 2005 · 05:26 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
17 posts
Norway
wow... great voice, great arpeggios, great song !
#10December 7th, 2005 · 12:40 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
22 posts
Australia
this is a very cool song! i cant see any faults in it well f**kin done

100% for sure
#11December 7th, 2005 · 06:24 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
Holy crap!
holy crap was this well done!

Chill said you've got the best voice on the site... not a contest, i know ... but I would say you tie with JBP for best voice...

regardless, this song is amazing... this might be the only song I have heard that was just one guitar and one voice to get 100%. Amazing!
#12December 7th, 2005 · 08:48 PM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Hey all this positive feedback is so cool! Thanks a lot guys. I almost forgot about BandAmp for a while back there. I'm glad I got back into it.

- Chester
#13December 8th, 2005 · 06:35 AM
1 threads
1 posts
United Kingdom
Beautiful!    I can't tell you how much I love your song, it's wonderful.  Seriously, if you released an album I'd be the first one to purchase.

You said the song holds some sentimental value for you, right?  Well, I think that really comes across in how it's presented.  As Iszil said in the first post, you have a beautiful, it carrys the mood of the song so well.

I could rave about it all day but you'll tire of me, no doubt.  It's just so good, best I've ever heard here at BandAMP! 
#14December 8th, 2005 · 08:26 AM
4 posts
United Kingdom
enjoyed unusual chord progression, string squeek was distracting, voice good. I agree a bridge would add a contrast. Really nice basis for a really good song, go on develop it further!
well done
#15December 8th, 2005 · 10:43 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
great song
I'm just going to repeat what everyone else said, but I felt I had to comment. wonderful song, lovely voice, the best song on this site in my opinion.
1 2 3 4

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 16th, 2024 · 12:14 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.