43 posts
Venezuela
WoW
Really impressed...well done!!! 
#17November 28th, 2005 · 11:32 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
I like at a whole, it's quite a piece of work. Must have taken you a while. I like the end part the most, good harmonising betwen guitar and keys.
I like the tempo and beat changes. Very good.
Critiques...well, I find it a bit overdone and sorry but some parts of the solo are a little old fashioned for me. But that's all about perceptions. I respect your work musically.
Cheers!!
#18December 1st, 2005 · 06:39 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
now that it is finally in the battle, just wanted to let you know I gave it 100%

(my new policy is telling everyone how I rated their song...)
#19March 10th, 2006 · 04:40 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Hey, Dream Theater!
Yeah, you love Dream Theater, I'm sure of that!, but you also like speed metal and I don't like that... one point less for you.
This is a great work with a great production.
Keep it up.

> Iszil
#20March 13th, 2006 · 11:57 AM
14 threads / 12 songs
177 posts
United States of America
Great to hear you again STAV !! You certainly did some work on this !! God you must have tons of patience. The only thin I heard that didn't agree with me was the bass in the mix..seemed a little bit forward next to a lot of other stuff. I had to readjust. maybe it's just me. Excellent composition though. I've always loved your guitar ability.
#21March 13th, 2006 · 04:09 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
113 posts
Bangladesh
Bass
Yeah you are right, the bass in this mix is really letting it down. I didn't record it right, the sound is being overdriven too much which is making it all sound muddy which is also kindof masking the kick drum sound. Not to mention there is HEAPs of mistakes in there on the bass line, you can probly tell that I never really wrote a proper one, just laid something down on a Sunday arvo with a borrowed bass guitar.

Its weird though, because playing it through my studio monitors the mix sounds decent, but through any other system it sounds weird. Someone once told me that you know you have a good mix when you can play it through anything (laptop, headphones, iPod, hifi system whatever) and it sounds decent. I think I have figured out how to do it with a more recent song that I'm working on, the trick is to be very careful with the levels of the bass instruments. From what I can tell, even if the bass frequencies aren't technically clipping, the higher frequencies that are modulated on the bass, when the bass is near the extremes of its cycle, it doesn't take much extra from the higher frequencies to push into clipping. This effect tends to make the bass lose its punchiness and get it lost in the mix.

Live and learn eh! Its what its all about.
#22March 14th, 2006 · 05:16 AM
gh
meah
#23April 19th, 2006 · 11:39 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
8 posts
Mexico
good song
sounds great i love the harmony
#24October 30th, 2006 · 01:08 AM
51 posts
United States of America
i dont get you can write a song like that, very good!
#25October 30th, 2006 · 02:45 AM
10 threads / 9 songs
35 posts
United States of America
I feel like your taking me on a journey through your emotions! This proves that the tension of life can build into a haunting yet powerful tune like this. I wish the midi drums were replaced with real drums, but you got deal what you got. I wish I could play killer metal guitar like you... but I can't :'( i don't use a pick.
#26March 24th, 2007 · 06:46 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
11 posts
Spain
Dream Theater
It sound like dream theater

very very good
#27February 10th, 2008 · 12:04 PM
12 threads / 12 songs
89 posts
Canada
antithesis
Great guitar sound and flow. Good job!!! Sounded alittle scary in the beginning of the song but soon it began to bloom. Keep up the great playing!!!!keep the creativity flowing man.....jgv
#28March 23rd, 2010 · 10:24 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United States of America
Wow this is phenomenal. So so so proggy I love it, and I normally hate instrumentals, they're redundant and repetitive and slow, this, on the other hand, is forever changing, its something new and it constantly keeps getting better. truly said, I am astonished.

Good work sir, good work.
#29January 19th, 2012 · 11:35 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
9 posts
United States of America
awesome awesome awesome
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 3:47 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.