1 2

#1October 31st, 2005 · 07:25 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
113 posts
Bangladesh
Antithesis
Score: 83.8%
Battle: 2006-03

Here I am, back again after quite a few months of inactivity. Here's a piece that I admit is not for everyone as it is a bit of an epic progressive rock instrumental. (Hey Samuel remember how you wanted me to do one of these?? Well, here it is!). Seriously though, please let me know what you think.

The inpspiration behind this one really stems from my failed attempt at completing my engineering thesis earlier this year where I experienced many different feelings of anxiety, confusion and hopelessness, all of which I think I have captured here. I kept getting distracted from writing my thesis with this riff and weird rhythm in my head, which of course I just had to sit down and play. Hence, the song (and the title) Antithesis was born.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 1st, 2005 · 04:37 AM
5 posts
Norway
Love it!!  Nice guitar! Still remind me of some sort of game tune....if it were a lttle more slow i could be a Halo theme at the beginning, but the song changes a lot.....Still great though
#3November 1st, 2005 · 05:15 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
cool

niiiiiice guitar work

I agree with Toni: especially the sampled voices make this a typical game track.

I love the synth in the end part (5:20+)

yea, very good!
#4November 1st, 2005 · 07:24 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
22 posts
Australia
woow
shite man this song is defiently dynomite !
this is what i been waiting to hear!
sort of a darker sounding tune than i expected
i vote full marks!
-well done
#5November 1st, 2005 · 11:21 AM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
One of the best songs I've ever heard on here.  Really great guitars.
#6November 1st, 2005 · 12:17 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Oh...my...goodness...this is tight!
Tight guitar work, great mix, love the drum rhythms, love the background voices.
Sorry to hear about your thesis but...100%...this song is tight. Excellent job, well done.
#7November 1st, 2005 · 01:38 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
If this was a part of something I would like to hear the whole thing. This has to be continued. Great work!
#8November 1st, 2005 · 07:52 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
i would call it metal opera... but it doesn't matter! regardless of the category, this is great music.

I'm a bit of a sucker of for long, purposefully epic songs... just plain fun, man! definately worth the listen.

flawless guitar work too...your a bit of a virtuosso- i would call your playing scholarly... whatever that means

p.s. love the synths
#9November 13th, 2005 · 05:17 PM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
this really isnt my sort of thing, yet somehow you've managed to make me download it!  its very rare that an instrumental this long makes me listen to the end, let alone want to listen to it again.  blown away by your guitar playing, and your compositional skills are also extremely good.  i hope you're in a band.
#10November 15th, 2005 · 01:33 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
FUKIN RIGHT ON.
 Great track, well mixed, tight as me girlfriend and varied enough to keep me entertained. I agree with above, 100%.
One thing, I hate people like you, your far too good. Makes me afraid to upload my songs
Great track and I too hope you in a band.
#11November 15th, 2005 · 02:14 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
56 posts
Latvia
Synth backup for the guitar track works great, but a lot of you guys....oh my god..solo is great ......you guys do tracks with very strange sounding drums. I think you should get more realistic drum samples. This MIDI drums suck
#12November 15th, 2005 · 06:06 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
113 posts
Bangladesh
Cheers!
Cheers guys for all of the positive comments. I honestly thought I would get slammed for this one being too self indulgent and too LONG.

To answer a few questions, I'm not in a band at the moment although I wish that I was, it's getting boring playing on my own.

I totally agree with stuffx about the MIDI drums. They TOTALLY suck. Its weird, each sample on its own sounds really authentic, then you're mixing away and your thinking, fuck yeah this is ok, then you listen to a professional recording with real drums and think, shit, MIDI drums suck, so you start tweaking and randomizing and doing all sorts of stuff only to realise, there really is no substitute for the real thing, especially for this sort of music. The reason I've had to stick with MIDI drums is for a number of reasons, firstly I can't play drums, secondly, I don't have the equipment to record drums properly (no drum mics, can only record 2 tracks at once) assuming I even had a drummer that was willing to do it and thirdly I don't have the money to get it done professionally.  So I guess what you hear is pretty much the best I can do on my own, although I'm learning more and more about doing this sort of stuff all the time so that should help me keep getting better sounds.

Just on that note, if anyone wants to have a crack at doing some real drum tracks for this song that would be sweet! Drop me a PM if youre interested and we can organize it.

Cheers guys, thanks for taking the time to listen and post critiques!
#13November 15th, 2005 · 08:10 PM
15 threads / 11 songs
147 posts
United States of America
It seems my instrumental friend you have struck again. Nice to have you back in the writing world again. Im gonna have to come back with something now.
This snt my fav that you do but its damn good. Keep it up!!!!
#14November 16th, 2005 · 06:28 AM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
very well done ....sweet licks!....good sound....tight
reminds me of a band i was turned onto called MAGNUM,,,only your a finer gutarist!
great job!
#15November 25th, 2005 · 02:16 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Bump!
great song!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 9:22 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.