Battle: 2006-03

go ahead let me have it

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 14th, 2005 · 03:53 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Hey man, nice job!

Heard a few anomalies in the bassline which I can't really pinpoint right now, and the standard drum pattern becomes somewhat of a drag here and there (but look who's talking ), plus you might want to spunk up the vocal line in the choruses so it stands out more from the rest (i.e. add a harmony, sing more convincingly, ...), and the sound of the (btw, great) solo is a little "ill defined": it's a little muddy so you don't hear all the notes of the arpeggio bit really bright and clear. Still sound pretty good though, but it's a critique I often got myself and I don't really care about it actually. I mean it sounds good to me and it does do the trick right? Fat compression on the end mix, right? It's clips slightly continuously btw. Overall it's a darn good sound anyway!

Your mother must be really proud... I never heard a song expressing love for one's  mother so deeply. Or maybe it's just not in my collection... or wasn't until now! 
#3October 14th, 2005 · 07:05 PM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
hey thanks puppet...yeah the vocals suck...but im no singer..recorded it in living room with a j-station and a drum machine so what the hell..but thanks for listing..really!
just like a cook we all want someone to take a taste thanks again
#4October 15th, 2005 · 02:27 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
I don't think the vocals are bad, they suit the song, and I think you can sing. My only thought is on the tamborine sound during the verses. My opinion is it is too up in the mix and kind of takes away. I like the song, great first job. Can't help out with any suggestions on the technical end of it, wish I could really bad. But that's what DaveUK is here for
#5November 6th, 2005 · 03:17 PM
3 posts
United States of America
AWESOME!
i think this song fuckin rocks!...it reminds me of lying on my bed thinking about life and its what nots!...FANTABULOUSO!

Tess
#6February 1st, 2006 · 03:15 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Negative first: 
I'm not  keen on the drums all the way through, especially the manic bongo sound!  For me it detracts from the lazy feel of the song.  Also, as Creative says, the tambourine seems a little loud too.
For a song of over 5 minutes, it just starts to get a little monotonous - perhaps some variety in the guitar playing, or spice up the drums as Puppet suggests.

OK, now the good:
I do like the sounds you get from both clean chorused guitar, and the distorted guitar.  The bass is also very nice sounding - was it a bass guitar, a "software" bass, or something else?
I agree with Puppet about the sound of the guitar in the (yes, very nice) solo - I like the effect you use, but it's a little lost in the mix.
You're voice is pretty good too, although not quite pitch perfect (and who is!!!), I think it goes well with the song.  In fact, the whole track, including the way you sing it, reminds me of something by Paul Weller.  I can't quite remember the track name at the moment, but it'll come to me!
And finally, I'm very impressed by the overall recording quality.

Overall, I think this is a pretty good song.  Keep it up
#7February 1st, 2006 · 04:23 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Jiminuk, you're likely to think I'm chasing you, but for the second time today, I'm compelled to comment on a song that you've critiqued. I find every element of this song intriguing...the vocals, the lyric content and the instrumentation. Buzz, you're voice is fine with me...some slight wavering at the end of a couple verses are the only elements that make the vocal performance just shy of perfect. I do think you need to bring the vocals up in the mix. Speaking of the mix, I suspect the monotonous quality referenced by Jiminuk could perhaps be remedied by fiddling with the mix (for example, varying the rhythm guitar, hi-hat volumes, dropping the tambourine in the mix, bringing up the guitar solo, kick and snares) would be worth exploring. Overall, a great rock song!
#8February 1st, 2006 · 04:55 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: it was you
ok have this............
not my style but..........
great lyrics................vocal a bit bassy in the mix
if ur recording with multi track ---- fuzz solo with fuzzy background?
i think the vocal could be at the front a bit...............eq? to take it away from the bass end of the guitar? any more is a waste of time...............

nice

i like the look of that of that 'oily' pool

sploosh

the fish
#9February 4th, 2006 · 04:15 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Very smooth flow....   The tamborine is way too loud, and the drums need spiced like Puppet said, they are also just a tad to tinny sounding...  otherwise, it is a great song... guitar work is fantastic... vocals are bang on with the style of the song... Wouldn't change anything about the song except the mix....and an alternate drum beat occasionally...
   JimK
#10February 17th, 2006 · 01:57 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
This sounds like Fish ( Marillion).
You have a nice voice. and the instrumental work is pretty good.
But those drums... I don't like them.
Anyway, the rest is really good.

> Iszil
#11February 21st, 2006 · 02:56 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Hey man, great voice. I like the tune, a great song. The drums seems to be weak a bit could be more expressive. Built up is very good and the recording quality is excellent.

but the drums...

I don't know

the drums humm
#12March 10th, 2006 · 01:15 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
pleasantly surprised by your voice! everything about the mix is said, can see the Paul Weller connection...Nice guitars, never thought of some filling in, guiding the vocals with your guitar here and there?
Whatever..,playlist.., says it all..
#13March 11th, 2006 · 11:23 AM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
hey thanks u guys......!!
#14March 11th, 2006 · 02:55 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
54 posts
United States of America
who opened your eyes? 

nice guitar!
#15March 13th, 2006 · 04:05 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
11 posts
United Kingdom
I really like the vocals, I agree with the drums being monotonous, especially as you have a rocking guitar solo! I would say though, I really like the bongo effect!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 8:26 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.