1 2
#16February 9th, 2009 · 08:04 AM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
whoa......
synchu? 

thank you for making me want to start a bonfire with all my guitars........

& i hang my head in shame, as a guitar player, for not knowing about Tommy Emmanuel.

OMG.  thanks for the info.......my eyes are blurry from trying to follow his hands.

yikes!!!!!!  (compared to him....Glen Campbell is a hack.....lol)
#17February 9th, 2009 · 08:25 AM
30 threads / 29 songs
96 posts
Bulgaria
Welcome. Tommy Emmanuel is more than amazing.
He just has something with the acoustic  guitar, as Jeff Beck has something with the electrics...amazing players there are.
#18February 9th, 2009 · 03:41 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
3 years on
wow interesting to see a recording picked up over 3 years later.........

gives me hope..............

glad u still here.........

Its a great track...........though does sound like its fallin down a hill haha

fish
#19February 13th, 2009 · 11:07 AM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
synchu??
i'm figuring out Angelina.........there's an online tutorial.....it's pretty cool!

just have to get my speed up to par.....what a hauntingly BEAUTIFUL song.....thank you so
VERY MUCH for putting this music into my head.

#20February 13th, 2009 · 11:11 AM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
& fish??
yeah....3 years later.....i was pretty shocked too.

wrote that song when i was about 20.....28 years ago!!!

so i'm equally amazed that a song i wrote SO LONG ago.....eventually led me to  Tommy Emmanuel,
thanks to synchu.......

way WAY cool sh!t.

mb
#21February 13th, 2009 · 12:36 PM
30 threads / 29 songs
96 posts
Bulgaria
Glad to hear this. That was my first "couple-of-weeks" long reaction when heard Tommy (I know his music for a long time already, so I'll skip Emmanuel ) for the first time. Still have to get my fingerstyle chops up to the level where I can figure out something played by Tommy.
Way too many years from my last classical guitar lessons, way too many years using pick and driving 16-ths at 200 bpm for the sake of shredding for the masses.
But, I'll get there with the fingerstyle some day

Niki
#22February 13th, 2009 · 01:17 PM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
ahhhhhh.......
so you're speed metal dude.....nothing wrong with that!

i can't hold a pick to save my life.....tried glue, tape...whatever.....pick just flies outta me fingers!

& i can't feel the strings with finger picks.  so gave up trying to use one.

going back to tommy land.......lolol...i can see i'm not gonna get anything done for the next little while.

mb
#23February 17th, 2009 · 10:56 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Why do you get comments about speeding this up???Are this people serious.They obviously don't know what finger style technique is...Would love to see you live..It must be jaw dropping....Playing since 78?..Geez I was born in 68 and started in 78,but I dont think Ill play like that 10 years from now...Your quite amazing and way to humble for your talent...Im impressed!
Have you heard Andy Mcfee or Preston Reed..There more in the percussive fingerstyle tech but quite impressive to..
I'm inspired,I think Im going to do a Chet atkins Yakety axe...But in electric..Yeah i know thats cheeting..o well!(lol)
Awesome job!
#24February 18th, 2009 · 09:54 AM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
hey marino!
you're that mahogany rush dude right? 

Been playing since '72 or therabouts.......& the humble thing started i guess because.....well.....i would try to jam with people.....mainly guys....few women guitar players around when i was young....and their girlfriends would get pissed off 'cause they thought their boyfriends had the hots for me.

really....they had the hots for my guitar playing.....not me...but their girlfriedns didn't like the attention they were giving me......so.......i clammed up.  & played in my bedroom, at home.....where nobody could give me grief.
but....it DID create a stage fright thing for me....but ....i'm over that now!  (most of the time) 

i played for the first time last year at an open mike night.....scared so bad i nearly pooped meself!  when i was done......i got the biggest round of applause i had ever had in my life.  pretty cool.  then got voted "best of stage" & performed at their end of the year show.  way cool!!

do you mean Andy McKee?  yeah.....he tours with Don Ross sometimes......crazy player.  Preston Reed no...but i'm gonna google him!

i love that this song keeps poppin' up.....lol  thanks for your kinds words.....it means alot!

i'm going to an open mike tonight....in michigan.....at a really great place called the Ark.

have fun with your Chet tune!!!  (he's my hero) 

mb
#25February 26th, 2009 · 07:10 PM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
very nice,,, tough tune ..managed to learn most of chet atkins version...there are many!
and yes glen can pick a lick...saw leo kotke  do it live with michael hedges big big wow
at any rate
bravo!
#26February 28th, 2009 · 09:54 AM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
this is really cool.....
thanks buzz!  funny.......my facebook profile pic for yesterday was ruth buzzy!  i love syncronicity.

blows my mind that this tune keeps poppin' up!!!!!

any of you guys big shot record producers??  presidents of any record companies??  have a brother-in-law that works for Sony maybe?  know a guy who knows a guy who's sister knows a guy in the biz?

i'm open for bookings!  lolol

you guys really make me smile.  thanks from the top & bottom of my heart.

xoxoxomb
#27October 13th, 2011 · 09:23 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
bump...
#28December 1st, 2011 · 11:51 AM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
lolol
Ya bumped me!!

Thank you Frank  ;O)

been awhile since I've been here...... missed you guys.

I'll be back!

1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 8:00 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.