1 2
#16October 7th, 2006 · 01:36 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
uhh yeah, ancient tune thread revived! cool.

I remember reviewing this one for the BandAMP CD process we got going back then. Yeps, definately Leonard Cohen with a hint of Nick Cave. It's... Great.

You should become more active on this site, and upload more of your music. Love to hear it
#17October 8th, 2006 · 04:52 AM
28 threads / 28 songs
95 posts
United States of America
Very cool man. Reminds me of a mellow Uriah Heep
#18October 8th, 2006 · 12:10 PM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
wow....

like nick cave.....

its strong
#19October 12th, 2006 · 07:01 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
34 posts
South Africa
Recording
I find that environment noise isn't as much of a problem as you'd think, because most microphones have a relatively small sensitive radius.  So I just close my door, windows and curtains and switch off my cellphone.  It helps immensely if the microphone is acoustically isolated from it's stand/the floor/the desk.  I have a nice GXL2400 with elastic struts on the mounting bracket for this very purpose, but you can achieve the same effect quite cheaply with a soft cushion.

I tend to sing relatively close to the mic, which means I have to watch my plosives (puh, buh, huh, etc.), but this gives me a nice up-close-and-personal sound.  For the chorus parts, I'll sing a little further away and a lot louder to get a large-room feel.

"Electric" instruments should always, always be recorded via a microphone near the monitor or amp.  Software amp simulators don't cut it.

Now, as to your actual question, how to record acoustic guitars.  I have three things to say about this:

1. Get a decent acoustic guitar.
2. Hook up your mic stand so that the mic is held about a foot away from the sound hole of the guitar.
3. Pick or strum below the sound hole.

With any luck (and a decent microphone), the only atmospheric sounds you'll pick up will be the noise of your fingers scraping strings, which sounds good, and, if you live in my house, the occasional squeaky chair.
#20October 12th, 2006 · 07:02 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
34 posts
South Africa
...you may kick me for the possesive its with an apostrophe.
#21October 12th, 2006 · 07:48 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
34 posts
South Africa
Yes, that's what I mean.
#22November 14th, 2006 · 06:25 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
127 posts
Bulgaria
It's really like a soundtrack! A lonely man is looking at the dark nightly sky... Moon..., and somewhere behind him a deer is crying quietly, 'cause...I don't now. But it is a very good song:)
#23August 16th, 2007 · 05:36 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes this is good! Very good.
Not so much into the first plinky solo, but love your voice this way, and the 'chorus girls' , and I especially like your lyrics.
So your a Leonard Cohen  fan!!??
You do this style really well. And magic is your not Leonard Cohen, well I dont think so any way! lol
Your lyrics alone deserve the deepest respect, I'd like to hear more of this kind of expression, it's beautiful.
#24August 17th, 2007 · 04:20 AM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
this is excellent!
very tight playing on the guitars ...you have the perfect sound with your vocals and the mix is just about right .. the lyrics are outstanding ...the solo's fit nicely not to overdone ......just right
#25May 11th, 2009 · 01:45 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
9 posts
Colombia
Dark but deep
A slow dark song filled with feeling, very good i liked it.

Gospeed.

Adamantem.
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 6:10 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.