#1September 10th, 2024 · 11:08 AM
190 threads / 27 songs
2,843 posts
Germany
Still there
Unfortunately, the site was down or frozen for a few days. Even logging in failed with errors..

Fortunately, battlecat was nearby and helped me reestablish contact with the server operators. So I've now regained access to the Bandamp server and the source code in the background.

Unfortunately, the system that Bandamp runs on has expired, so new programming will only be possible and useful once the system is completely upgraded. This upgrade step may take some time. It depends on the availability of the system administrators.

It is also necessary to implement security measures and many other things.

I can't promise that I can implement everything that's on my to-do list. But I don't want to give up this site, of which I've been a member for almost 20 years now.

Unfortunately, many valuable and highly valued members have left us and are now on the sites of "paid" fellow campaigners. With a little goodwill and encouragement, we can work together to revive the old days.
I'm counting on all of you. Spread the word that Bandamp is far from obsolete.

TritonKeyboarder
#2October 8th, 2024 · 03:30 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,398 posts
United Kingdom
Well done TK! I was hoping something good was going to happen with the AMP, you have made a good start.
The Battle was I think one of the best features, it brought some talented gifted musicians here on the site. Listening to them now is still a wonderful experience. If you could get that going and perhaps remove the amount of votes you need to be entered, it may start the AMP to get recognised again and busy.

I personally have stopped making music for around ten years now, well for now at least. I'll let nature takes it's course, that's how I generally flow. However, I still like going on the AMP and listening to new stuff.

I wonder if creating a mailing list to all members a news letter every month or so would help?

Keep up the good work!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: October 22nd, 2024 · 4:48 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.