#1September 30th, 2012 · 04:57 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
The Tides Are Rising

This song is not in a battle

This is just a draft of an idea I had in mind for a couple of years now which I thought to share it with you....
Nothing's perfect or ready not even the mix and recording. Recorded in 10 minutes by me.
Currently talking to some guys who are willing to record the song in a pro studio with pro instruments.

Music: Carsten Koch (TritonKeyboarder)
Lyrics: Sabrina Kay

edit
....and special thanks to Swordfish and Kings who corrected our chinese english into a good style.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 30th, 2012 · 05:34 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Blown away !
What a totally beautiful song
The performance, the musical content, the lyrical content, the recording all high in the 90%s

I will say one thing though hearing it sung now I do think the word 'floats' flattens and dampens the flow of the chorus where as 'adrift' has more of a 'forever feeling' and keeps the illusions and poetry.

I'll be playing this a lot more ...
#3September 30th, 2012 · 08:41 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Very Nice - I assume you are going to add Drums/percussion - Harmony vox??, Solo instruments?

I can't wait to build my studio (2014) - I'll invite any members to record a song - I'll have Acoustic Drums, a quality Bass and guitar AMP, plus upgrade my audio interface and PC. I've just purchased a cheap Casio CDP-120 Piano with hammer action keys, It's superb value, OK for the moment, but for the studio I'm tempted to get The new Korg SV1 Digital piano, that is one serious keyboard.

Great work TK, look forward to hearing the final cut   
#4September 30th, 2012 · 04:43 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Mein lieber Schwan!!! 
This is totally impressing, TK. The structure works so well, verse, chorus / hook. And it works also in this (unplugged) version as well as it would do in a fully orchestrated / arranged version.
(bombastic, fantastic)  
I also like very much your sentsitive AND strong, powerful expression in your voice.

...............und ab dafür ins Studio mit den Jungs...........

U.L.I.

PS : find ich echt geil, mal wieder Mucke von dir zu hören
#5September 30th, 2012 · 07:40 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: The Tides Are Rising
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
This is just a draft of an idea I had in mind for a couple of years now which I thought to share it with you....
Nothing's perfect or ready not even the mix and recording. Recorded in 10 minutes by me.
Currently talking to some guys who are willing to record the song in a pro studio with pro instruments.

Music: Carsten Koch (TritonKeyboarder)
Lyrics: Sabrina Kay

edit
....and special thanks to Swordfish and Kings who corrected our chinese english into a good style.

This great !!!!
A song that leaves the door truly open for arranging and fun in the studio...

My door is always open ... But I reckon you can fantastic this sketch song

Nice one

Fish
#6October 1st, 2012 · 01:44 AM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
10 minutes recording and you've got a little gem here.Like the arrangement melody  and direction = endless possibilities. Got a solid vocal going on here too.
Looking 4rd to the next version TK .
Thanks for posting
cheers
greg & yoko
#7October 2nd, 2012 · 02:10 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Thank you for listening and commenting. I appreciate this a lot. I'm going to visit the drummer tomorrow to discuss the percussion floor. Any suggestions?
#8March 28th, 2018 · 04:28 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Studio visit is still pending. Someone I can visit to make the records?
#9March 28th, 2018 · 03:37 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Studio visit is still pending. Someone I can visit to make the records?

My studio is a bit of a mess at the moment, but will receive major overhaul by fall this year. Yeah... 
#10March 29th, 2018 · 02:01 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Tom, should we make it again?
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 17th, 2024 · 10:04 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.