#1April 5th, 2017 · 09:38 PM
5 threads / 1 songs
18 posts
United States of America
A Few Bug Fixes...
Hi Everyone!

As most of you may know there have been a few problems with BandAMP recently and I'd like to provide an update for everyone.

1. New Site Admins
I work closely with Mud and he's asked me to keep track and fix any issues that come up with BandAMP. I'll be checking the Tech Support forum regularly so please continue to post any issues you have with the site there and I'll take a look.

2. MP3 files not uploading.
I've resolved the issue with MP3 files not uploading. The server had run out of disk space so I attached a new storage volume to accommodate future uploads. We'll soon be moving to an elastic storage volume so that this problem won't happen again.

3. Chat is working again
I've corrected the issue with messages not displaying in the chat box so feel free to jump into the room and chat with your fellow BandAMP members.

4. Email notifications and settings are working again
There was a problem with emails being caught as spam as well as your notification settings not being saved. This issue has been resolved now so you should only receive emails to posts if you have your message options configured in your profile.

5. MP3s disappearing
I was made aware that some old MP3 files on threads are missing. I'm still investigating this issue and will be looking through the backups to see if they can be located. We currently have about 5,670 mp3 tracks that have been uploaded and I'm going to cross-check that with the forum database.

6. Private messages not sending has been fixed
There was a bug that would cause any private messages with special characters to be lost. This has been resolved.

We're going to be giving BandAMP more attention now and we want everyone to continue to enjoy using the site. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions!
#2April 5th, 2017 · 11:10 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
awesome I'll have to get back to writing and posting again.
#3April 6th, 2017 · 01:13 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
toastedgoat wrote…

Same here.

We should all make an effort to contact members in which ever way, tell them the good news, and get them visiting again. This amazing place and it's amazing members is a million times more fulfilling than any other social media ; )
#4April 6th, 2017 · 03:03 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
And an Angel from heaven came down to answer our prayers.
Blueprint35 Angel is what you are
#5April 6th, 2017 · 03:28 PM
5 threads / 1 songs
18 posts
United States of America
Denis wrote…
And an Angel from heaven came down to answer our prayers.
Blueprint35 Angel is what you are :D

Thanks
Also I just noticed another bug with your previous comment not posting. I wasn't aware that the battles aren't working. I'm meeting up with Mud a little later today and I'll see if we can get it sorted out. I'll keep everyone posted.
#6June 15th, 2017 · 04:22 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Battle thing
I know we are not in a bona-fide battle at the moment .... just testing the old stuff

but I have a few questions..

Who sees/collates any data created by the red stars??
Could that person please create a table of the data and show it to us?
Is it Kings? Or others? ( Blueprint 35? )

Have any of us sent a message asking the 15 vote threshold to be reduced to say zero for now?
Who to send this message to?

I'll copy this post and post it elsewhere for response

Curious Fish
#7June 16th, 2017 · 04:55 AM
5 threads / 1 songs
18 posts
United States of America
Hey there,

Who sees/collates any data created by the red stars?

This data is currently stored in the database. I can probably hack together a table to display it.

I have a number of things on my to-do list for BandAMP and the battles are one of them. I haven't had a chance to tackle them yet since I was finishing up another project with mud for our other company Sketchpad. I have some time next week to spend on BandAMP and I'll see about getting a table for the battles so that rankings can be seen.

Thanks!
#8June 17th, 2017 · 04:17 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
blueprint35 wrote…
Hey there,

Who sees/collates any data created by the red stars?

This data is currently stored in the database. I can probably hack together a table to display it.

I have a number of things on my to-do list for BandAMP and the battles are one of them. I haven't had a chance to tackle them yet since I was finishing up another project with mud for our other company Sketchpad. I have some time next week to spend on BandAMP and I'll see about getting a table for the battles so that rankings can be seen.

Thanks!
You are a star...
Thank you for such a prompt and succinct reply.
For now a table would be good ... if its possible.... don't worry if its not, just keep us notified as you are doing
(So Well!!!)
And I will be eternally grateful .... I still just love this site!!

Grateful  Fish
#9June 17th, 2017 · 04:19 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
toastedgoat wrote…

Same here.

We should all make an effort to contact members in which ever way, tell them the good news, and get them visiting again. This amazing place and it's amazing members is a million times more fulfilling than any other social media ; )
Totally Agree!!!
Fish
#10June 20th, 2017 · 06:08 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Hi Blue print 35
Just to bring to your notice something that might be a nice fix

I remembered it thru this post

http://forum.bandamp.com/Lyrics_Review/44612.html

Its the notification of comments feature .....
it used to let u know that some-one had commented about

It had an immediate effect on how interactive bandamp was with us....

If and when you get a notification ..... you go check it out A.S.A.P.
It promotes prompt interactivity.... like having a dig in the ribs

Deja Fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 12:53 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.