1 2 3
#31May 15th, 2009 · 05:02 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Denis wrote…
Oh my so many opinions, this is getting messy.
I think we need to stick to the plan, the members voted, just pick the song that came out on top and move on.
Please let's keep it simple.

Cheers
Denis that was the whole idea of posting the results...

But as you can see there is an agreement towards the end of the thread..We are leaning towards doing my generation with a small chorus arrangement of come together towards the end as the rest of the lyrics are point less....And kings an me have offered to work the arrangement out....

I think is pretty point blank IMO!
#32May 15th, 2009 · 05:08 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
i honestly would NOT want to do it if we JUST did come together.
#33May 15th, 2009 · 05:21 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Denis wrote…
Oh my so many opinions, this is getting messy.
I think we need to stick to the plan, the members voted, just pick the song that came out on top and move on.
Please let's keep it simple.

Cheers

Yes well, the plan was to have a vote and then discuss the results! Which we have been doing. I don't think it will be too hard to go with kings' plan, and as for song with message I think My Generation outweighs Come Together by miles - the latter having no real meaning at all. Plus, essentially both songs came out on top - equal amount of voters, only 1 point difference. I'm willing to do both... The question is: what's the final call?

I want to move on to the next step this weekend, so we need to make a decision. My choice is to go with kings plan. It's just a matter of DJ'ing the Come Together part in near the end, seems like a lot of editing fun to me! Recording wise it would be no problem at all, as long as tempo and key match.

But I want to hear final arguments from all those who want to have their say.
#34May 15th, 2009 · 05:30 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Im with Px and kings...
#35May 15th, 2009 · 07:34 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yea! I'm with me and M too 

Come together is not really gibberish or nonsense .... to John Lennon, it probably made a lot of sense to him at the time, I personally think it's him having a go at every one and every thing around him with out them supposedly knowing.....and then with a corker of a chorus that goes into history, because he knew who he was.

Anyway...I'm cool with Come together because my contribution is to sing and bang pans and it's a cool song to sing.
But I dont think it's bandAmp
The chorus is.........which is probably what got it votes.
But the songs odd and more of a poetically marketed ego trip.....by a master of his trade.

OK...preliminary vocal test show ..... that even going so far as to drop the 'Talkin' 'bout my generation' after every line for "come together" eventually ends up in something that would blow your average youTube viewers mind. But that could just be my imagination of course!

Just 'mixing' it in at the end seams a bit 'lame' ..... considering the hosts.

OK....Why doesn't every one involved make a recording and video of My Generation, in their own way , following either the original or Ms click track AND a recording and video of a big fat Come together chorus?
The magic of some good editing could do the rest.
#36May 15th, 2009 · 07:45 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I do think that if we made this My Generation of ours in the same way as this track is made we'd be on to a really good thing.
#37May 15th, 2009 · 08:03 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
I like K's idea I'm with you guys.
What about swapping the lyrics if the we could get them to fit right?
#38May 16th, 2009 · 04:28 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
kings wrote…
OK....Why doesn't every one involved make a recording and video of My Generation, in their own way , following either the original or Ms click track AND a recording and video of a big fat Come together chorus?
The magic of some good editing could do the rest.

Yes, that's what I have in mind.. You can't drop "talking bout my generation" and trade it for "come together right now over me" .. that's really weird and doesnt rhythmically fit.

What we need in order to proceed is TWO click-tracks with basic arrangement (simple bass line), so the structure and keys of the full My Generation and the Come Together chorus become apparent.

We need to talk about who is going to do what! And ofcourse the "talking bout my generation" and the come together chorus should be sung by ALL, regardless of instrument.

Everyone who wants to do vocals should sing the entire text of My Generation so the editers have all the room to play around (me I'm greatly looking forward to go very experimental with editing  )

But most importantly is filling in the instrumental parts. So I'm going to open a new thread, "How To Proceed".
#39June 14th, 2009 · 10:29 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
May I ask when is this project supposed to be ready? Why?
Because I'm in Australia at the moment but I would love to participate, but for that I should be back at home and that is going to be after July 25th, so I wanna know if I'll have any chance to roll up.
Hopefuly EducatedGuess will be there in Chile as well at that time, so it's possible that we kill two birds with one shot.
By the way, I'd love to do something for the Hotel California solo
Greetings.

> Iszil
#40June 14th, 2009 · 04:45 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Iszil wrote…
May I ask when is this project supposed to be ready? Why?
Because I'm in Australia at the moment but I would love to participate, but for that I should be back at home and that is going to be after July 25th, so I wanna know if I'll have any chance to roll up.
Hopefuly EducatedGuess will be there in Chile as well at that time, so it's possible that we kill two birds with one shot.
By the way, I'd love to do something for the Hotel California solo
Greetings.

> Iszil

Hi Isz,

There is no deadline, a lot of members would love to do be part of this but everyone has their own life and time restrictions.. Getting individual video and audio parts done properly is not a simple task at all, so we have to give everyone who wants to participate plenty of time and room.. Ofcourse sooner is more desirable than later, but this project, by the looks of it, will certainly run for several more months to come. If everyone does their stuff ASAP it can be wrapped up within a couple of weeks ofcourse, but I doubt that will happen. Personally I've found it really hard to even get started. Only today I've managed to record lead vocals and footage but being away all day (only just returned) I haven't synced video to audio yet.

So ... to answer your question.. Sure I think you'll be in time to video a part for the song.. We're doing My Generation btw. Not Hotel California. (look at the most recent front page news entry).

cheers...
#41June 15th, 2009 · 02:10 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Just a suggestion (though it might be a bit late): What about doing a mix of the songs? Just like one or two minutes of each; it's not that hard to make them match. If I had my computer here I would do it, but I can't.
May be you already thought about it, but I can't read the whole thread as I'm really short on time for using Internet.
Hope it works out great, anyway.

> Iszil
#42June 15th, 2009 · 11:58 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Iszil wrote…
Just a suggestion (though it might be a bit late): What about doing a mix of the songs? Just like one or two minutes of each; it's not that hard to make them match. If I had my computer here I would do it, but I can't.
May be you already thought about it, but I can't read the whole thread as I'm really short on time for using Internet.
Hope it works out great, anyway.

> Iszil
Yeah, that was my thought, too...just have a "vignette" of each person performing the song in their own style...just as it was in the original video that inspired this effort.....
1 2 3
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 8:31 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.