1 2 3

#1May 11th, 2009 · 01:50 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Video Project Update: Voting Results
Hi, just a quick update regarding the BandAMP United Artist's Video Collaboration:

The voting round has been closed and the results are in!

Unfortunately not all original participants have voted, so if you're one of them, and still want to be part of the project, make sure you let it know.

Right now we're giving it until friday the 15th to discuss the results after which the final song will be picked (especially nr. 1 and 2 came in Very, Very close), and we'll start assigning parts.

Here is the top-5 voting result:

1. Come Together
2. My Generation
3. When the Levee Breaks
4. Here Comes the Sun
5. Hotel California

Discuss!
#2May 11th, 2009 · 02:42 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
lol i was probably the only one who voted for "Sheep" lol.....

sweet those are great songs...now..i think i would perfer my generation over come together, but i might perfer when the levee breaks over my generation, but it might be harder to do....also hotel california and here comes the sun are really good songs too so ill have to think about it
#3May 11th, 2009 · 12:46 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah, 'Come Together' is certainly a great 'song name' for a collab.

ROLL ON THE 15TH
#4May 11th, 2009 · 12:54 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Denis wrote…

Won't argue with you there!

My personal preference goes to My Generation, because I'm scared of Come Together (lol) - it seems technically extremely challenging to make a convincing cover. Although musically easier, the power of the original is greatly tied to it's production/arrangement/mix, and we don't want to approach the original sound I hope? Much less so for My Generation, it's anthemic proto-punk nature actually makes it really hard to screw up the arrangement at all!

Oh, btw, I'm really surprised to find that While My Guitar Gently Weeps didn't even make it to the list, I was almost sure it was going to win.
#5May 11th, 2009 · 01:21 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I'm hoping we can try to achieve a "close" sound of the original...but at the same time making it our own.
but yeah my generation would probably be easier to achieve that.
#6May 11th, 2009 · 04:57 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
Hands down, Hotel California would be my choice but, you know, whatever would be easiest for everyone,
#7May 11th, 2009 · 09:28 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
I'm game for "come together" it will be an easy song to re-produce...... the question is....... do we want to try for the Beatles sound or Aerosmith's sound?   * I know I know....... lets do it in our own sound !!!!   * Yea thats the ticket    * of course keeping the original layout  * this is a good choice, although I didnt vote for any of them lol
 *Let's do it, folks !
#8May 11th, 2009 · 09:34 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
PuppetXeno wrote…
Denis wrote…

Won't argue with you there!

My personal preference goes to My Generation, because I'm scared of Come Together (lol) - it seems technically extremely challenging to make a convincing cover. Although musically easier, the power of the original is greatly tied to it's production/arrangement/mix, and we don't want to approach the original sound I hope? Much less so for My Generation, it's anthemic proto-punk nature actually makes it really hard to screw up the arrangement at all!

Oh, btw, I'm really surprised to find that While My Guitar Gently Weeps didn't even make it to the list, I was almost sure it was going to win.

Same here PX...... I thought  While my guitar gently weeps, would have won it hands down as well, because it leaves so much for solos...... but the votes are final and like I mentioned.... "lets do it"  buddy  *s
#9May 12th, 2009 · 09:25 AM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Never even heard of the song..
#10May 12th, 2009 · 06:54 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
I like Here comes the sun - it's the happiest sounding of all of them....and who doesn't luva a happy song ; )
#11May 13th, 2009 · 01:38 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
spoon wrote…
I like Here comes the sun - it's the happiest sounding of all of them....and who doesn't luva a happy song ; )

Ok, so noted! I'll count it in as your number one choice, drives it to position 3 above When the Levee Breaks, but only barely.

It's wednesday peeps, let's here some discussion! So far it seems Come Together is going to be it, but spoon made a good argument for Here Comes the Sun.
#12May 13th, 2009 · 01:51 AM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
I think hotel california has lots of room for multiple people and multiple parts. There is lots of different instruments and multiple guitar parts. I think this would be the best, especially if each person added their own touch. That would be....sweet.
#13May 13th, 2009 · 03:32 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I agree. I vote for hotel california or My Generation...both have room for open interpertation for the musicians...guitar solos...extended sections....and this one guy just did Come Together on like american idol or something and its one of the most covered songs ever and I really dont think it would be the best choice.
#14May 13th, 2009 · 04:01 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I await Marino's input and take on the subject so far.. It's looking better for My Generation now... Some things kinda depend on the scoring mechanism applied. Basically it was just handing out 5 points to number 1 choices, 4 points to number 2 choices etc.. to 1 point for number 5 choices. Most points win.

Arguably, with different scoring systems, different results come up - as an example, handing out 100 points to number 1 choices, 95 to number 2, 90 to number 3, 85 to number 4 and 80 to number 5, generates a winner more toward number of votes to a song instead of cumulative position. Meaning, a song listed two times on a number 5 position will outrank a song listed once on a number 1 position (160 pts vs 100 pts). In the rating system used, the ratio is 5:1. Not that the overall ranking will be entirely different, but some positions might be switched.

Technicalities! We'll end up doing the song that seems most suitable.
#15May 13th, 2009 · 05:15 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
That was very confusing lol. Nevertheless, my vote is for Hotel California all the way.
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 6:31 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.