1 2 3
#31February 13th, 2012 · 04:27 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
is there some way to report companies who are spreading spam? I mean even if it's illegal, it's ofcourse hard to tell the actual involvement of a company's management with the spreading of spam, as, if spreading spam would have legal implications, malicious companies could spread spam in the name of their competition, just to screw them over.

but there was a prediction made for this years, by some internet guru whose name I've forgotten: the Death of Spam.I would like to see that happen.

how solid is Captcha anyway, against bots? I've been on forums that were riddled with spam regardless of their Captcha registration mechanism.
#32February 13th, 2012 · 06:23 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
I'm afraid that we have no prescription against any spammers whether they are single acting or organized by spamming companies. You always can only react like anti-virus systems. What I did was to find out the domain names from where the spammers came and added a very simple deny code on them. This list can be extended or reduced just like we want it to do.
Captcha graphics are bit more difficult to read for bots. Since we have no standard CMS or forum system like Joomla or so. And database access is "almost" impossible to hack. I'm quite sure that we can easily split bots from human users. But you'll never know....
#33February 13th, 2012 · 02:53 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
PuppetXeno wrote…
is there some way to report companies who are spreading spam? I mean even if it's illegal, it's ofcourse hard to tell the actual involvement of a company's management with the spreading of spam, as, if spreading spam would have legal implications, malicious companies could spread spam in the name of their competition, just to screw them over.

but there was a prediction made for this years, by some internet guru whose name I've forgotten: the Death of Spam.I would like to see that happen.

how solid is Captcha anyway, against bots? I've been on forums that were riddled with spam regardless of their Captcha registration mechanism.

Which companies do you actually mean ? These guys spamming Tiffany Coach Hand Bags or what ever only sussed out 2 weeks ago how to get a link in the spammed text. When they do get a link in to whatever site I dont actually think the site is 'real' at all. It might 'really' be there but it is not necessarily a 'real' site for a 'real' company.
When this last wave of spam started I made a search on a few addresses and found that they work on the idea that you only have to send one email ... whether showing interest or complaining .... it makes no difference. All they want is your 'working' email address, which is then sold on to 'other' spammers.

I think tom.com is something similar to Yahoo, yet making a search for 163.net shows that it is connected to tom.com in some way ....

I also came across this place, if we're talking lists of spammers  :

http://massemailblasts.com/index.php?dir=countries%2FChina%2FMail+Servers%2F

http://massemailblasts.com/countries/Netherlands/019707-massemailblasts-com.txt

The top address gives a directory page of all the spam domains from China, each folder contains txt files like the second link, which are lists of email addresses on certain domains.
They look like addresses to be used to spam ! but I'm not sure.
#34August 24th, 2012 · 04:39 AM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Wow
Man .... I had no idea this crap was going on .... Thanks for your diligence and time
Swordfish
1 2 3

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 4:21 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.