1 2 3

#1January 23rd, 2012 · 10:10 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Hey! This one's already banned...the truth is we (the three of us) are banning these guys several times a day (about 90% or more of our "new members" are actually these robo-spammers. It's been that way for a few months now) - you might not even get a chance to see some of them because we ban them so quickly - TK is currently working on a plan to develop some more proactive fixes.
#2January 24th, 2012 · 05:12 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Fantasy wrote…
okay i was just wondering... usually if i log on and see a new member I like to welcome them and lately its like "oh never mind you crazy ass spammer" 

keep up the good work all of you

-Sarah
That's a nice idea actually .... it is nice welcoming new members when they up-load a song or something, but even cooler would be a Welcome button on your home page for say the first month, which members could click and send a Welcome message email .... it might get the 'single posters' to react.
And it's another way to send spammers shit !

Yea, Tripupnorth or what ever his name is has been our latest member for a few days now.
This means that TK has worked his magic or that the last wave of daily spammers has stopped.
#3January 26th, 2012 · 06:25 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Sorry, no that's not my merit. Maybe we've won this war.
I am just working out a recovery point say backup before updating PHP version to reduce probs to a min.
Looking forward to updating and implemeting captcha things in a timely manner
#4January 26th, 2012 · 07:49 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Maybe we've won this war.
I wish that were the case, but I'm afraid not (yet). I've been deleting them every day...that guy (machine) who sells the used handbags, (usually has the byline: "Welcome to My Louis Vuitton Outlet Store Online! Our shop provides quality Louis Vuitton bags, handbags, wallets, purses on sale prices and big discount") is very persistent (or he is cloning himself). He's become my obsession.....
#5January 28th, 2012 · 05:45 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
battlecat wrote…
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
I wish that were the case, but I'm afraid not (yet). I've been deleting them every day...that guy (machine) who sells the used handbags, (usually has the byline: "Welcome to My Louis Vuitton Outlet Store Online! Our shop provides quality Louis Vuitton bags, handbags, wallets, purses on sale prices and big discount") is very persistent (or he is cloning himself). He's become my obsession..... :mad:

Little does the culprit know they will be succumbed by your obsession - Dare they walk the same path  
#6January 28th, 2012 · 09:54 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Denis wrote…
battlecat wrote…
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
I wish that were the case, but I'm afraid not (yet). I've been deleting them every day...that guy (machine) who sells the used handbags, (usually has the byline: "Welcome to My Louis Vuitton Outlet Store Online! Our shop provides quality Louis Vuitton bags, handbags, wallets, purses on sale prices and big discount") is very persistent (or he is cloning himself). He's become my obsession..... :mad:

Little does the culprit know they will be succumbed by your obsession - Dare they walk the same path   :dead:
HA!!!! Exactly!!!

Oh...and by the way,"Phoneswholesale" was eliminated today....as he succumbed to my mighty "delete" button, he whimpered.... "Buy discount UGG Classic Paisley Boots,UGG Classic Paisley Boots,cheap UGG  for women & kids on sale-Discountted Paisley ugg boots for women from Australia".
#7January 28th, 2012 · 01:46 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
battlecat wrote…
Denis wrote…
battlecat wrote…
TritonKeyboarder wrote…

Little does the culprit know they will be succumbed by your obsession - Dare they walk the same path   :dead:
HA!!!! Exactly!!!

Oh...and by the way,"Phoneswholesale" was eliminated today....as he succumbed to my mighty "delete" button, he whimpered.... "Buy discount UGG Classic Paisley Boots,UGG Classic Paisley Boots,cheap UGG  for women & kids on sale-Discountted Paisley ugg boots for women from Australia".
I still dont get it though ... there are no links, and the email address is not shown ... so what's it all about ? 
Spam has a reason .... unless it is some kind of machine that is using html tags in the spammed message ... so the tags get taken out by bandAMPs security script.
#8January 28th, 2012 · 06:21 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
kings wrote…
battlecat wrote…
Denis wrote…
battlecat wrote…
TritonKeyboarder wrote…

HA!!!! Exactly!!!

I still dont get it though ... there are no links, and the email address is not shown ... so what's it all about ? 
Spam has a reason .... unless it is some kind of machine that is using html tags in the spammed message ... so the tags get taken out by bandAMPs security script.
Yeah, I don't get it either...but you have an interesting theory...otherwise these things have no apparent connection of merchant to customer....
#9January 29th, 2012 · 10:13 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Ochreyan deleted (Our Tiffany Jewellery Store Is One Of The Best Tiffany Online Store Offers Tiffany & Co At Discount Price, Buy Your Discount Tiffany From tiffanyoff.com)...strange
#10January 30th, 2012 · 02:58 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
battlecat wrote…
Buy Your Discount Tiffany From tiffanyoff.com
"My First Link"  ! 

and we were just talking about it ! 
#11January 30th, 2012 · 09:35 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Utorhass (Really?) deleted this morning....his byline was: "Cheap Coach online store offers best with beautiful design Coach bags for shopper,We provide you the best Coach handbags favorable price and We can assure our customers that our Coach Handbags are in real quality".
#12January 30th, 2012 · 10:49 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Just banned it again !!!! Did u click twice? By clicking twice this undeletes that account
#13January 30th, 2012 · 03:06 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
battlecat wrote…
Utorhass (Really?) deleted this morning....his byline was: "Cheap Coach online store offers best with beautiful design Coach bags for shopper,We provide you the best Coach handbags favorable price and We can assure our customers that our Coach Handbags are in real quality".
OK so I'm some half-wit who REALLY NEEDS Coach Handbags ... good quality ones mind you .... and I Google Coach Handbags and I get to Urass's home page on bandAMP and then .... ??? I still dont get it !

Maybe it's a banning fetish ... Ooo ban me! ban me ! ... ban me please, again, again ! 
#14January 30th, 2012 · 03:27 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Just banned it again !!!! Did u click twice? By clicking twice this undeletes that account
Nope, just hit it once......hmmmm...
#15January 30th, 2012 · 03:30 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
kings wrote…
battlecat wrote…
OK so I'm some half-wit who REALLY NEEDS Coach Handbags ... good quality ones mind you .... and I Google Coach Handbags and I get to Urass's home page on bandAMP and then .... ??? I still dont get it !

Maybe it's a banning fetish ... Ooo ban me! ban me ! ... ban me please, again, again !  :roll:
I wonder if the same spam-bot has the potentiual to log in, get banned, morph into another character, and keep doing it...it seems that the same by-line appears numerous times under a different header ...
1 2 3

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:30 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.