#1April 13th, 2021 · 12:02 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Alice Deeper's Machinima music videos
Well, so I got my hands on MovieStorm, and now I can make silly Machinima videos to some of my songs. Here is my first attempt:

and here is my second:

It's fun, but a lot of time sinks into making the sets - I made the second one completely from scratch, the first one is based on a template.
#2April 14th, 2021 · 03:29 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
I'm not familiar with Machinima, so it would be interesting to know the process for creating the video component of these.

"Fail ad Fail" had a surreal/delirium effect (the green tint, the laser-light-show, the solemn quality of the characters) which matched the music well, I thought.

The video component of "It All Comes Together" seemed more light-hearted, even whimsical, which contrasts with the rather ominous lyrics of the song. The background dancers, (Elliot Ness and a his prostitute friend) doing the  "Watusi" made me laugh.

I hope you'll do more of these...meanwhile, I'm off to explore Machinima...
#3April 15th, 2021 · 01:32 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Thanks, cat!
I will certainly do more of these. Making the sets and directing ('programming') the puppets is a labour of patience. These two videos were put together in 2 full days each. In ways, the process is similar to multitrack recording music except now, it's set props and lighting, choreography (meaning all movements, not just silly dance) and camera angles that have to harmonize and complement.
I have definitely found a new hobby in this. Right now I am working on short story ideas that I will accompany with specific-scored music to them, likely in the form of ambient guitar and synth played to the finished visuals and built out a bit. It is a lot of work but the focus involved in the process is really rewarding 
#4November 2nd, 2021 · 07:48 AM
It's very cool, I've already shot one clip, hahaha.
#5December 21st, 2021 · 12:20 PM
1 posts
United States of America
Oh man, those clips are so great. They give me goosebumps and flashbacks from my childhood when I played Guitar hero. Dude, that game was insane! That game was responsible for my incredible passion for rock and heavy metal. I still remember the Red Hot Chilly Peppers songs from the last game. Man, it was fantastic! And the visual part of the game was also incredible. Actually, thanks to guitar hero, I'm working in the music industry. I create royalty-free songs, and I even have my own rock band.
#6December 21st, 2021 · 12:58 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Itismeman wrote…
Oh man, those clips are so great. They give me goosebumps and flashbacks from my childhood when I played Guitar hero. Dude, that game was insane! That game was responsible for my incredible passion for rock and heavy metal. I still remember the Red Hot Chilly Peppers songs from the last game. Man, it was fantastic! And the visual part of the game was also incredible.

Hehe nice Well I'm happy that you liked the clips. And though I never played Guitar Hero myself, some of my friends back in the day did but they weren't actual musicians. I can assure you it dit NOT teach them to play guitar hehehe
#7January 27th, 2022 · 06:18 AM
1 threads
7 posts
United Kingdom
re: Alice Deeper's Machinima music videos
PuppetXeno wrote…
Well, so I got my hands on MovieStorm, and now I can make silly Machinima videos to some of my songs. Here is my first attempt:

and here is my second:

It's fun, but a lot of time sinks into making the sets - I made the second one completely from scratch, the first one is based on a template.

Damn, this is really cool! I like both the music and the visuals, I think it could work because it's really cool. Keep up the good work, I'll be waiting for updates.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 4:34 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.