#1July 28th, 2012 · 04:35 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
The World is a Hologram - Demo - Original Music

Can't remember if I uploaded this one in my Audio Review thingy here on the AMP but I just uploaded it to youtube to see if it'll spur up some traffic... :P Just a simple demo. I really really really want to get all my songs recorded and get them down sounding good. Oh I want and I wish a lot don't I? 
#2July 28th, 2012 · 01:26 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
One minute visual fade out!!!! I expected some more holo scenes in this one not such a still picture

edit:
What will I see when I were looking from the center of the earth to the edge of ground? Could I look through volcanos like looking through holes?
#3July 28th, 2012 · 05:30 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Yeah sorry...I mention on the youtube description box how I'm sorry about there being no video...

But I just wanted to put a demo of mine on youtube to show that I am going to actually start getting my music out with ACTUAL video and hopefully it'll be pretty cool

edit: That's a REALLY cool quote Is that from something? Or did you come up with that?
#4July 29th, 2012 · 02:54 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Theme missed, JimCraig !! 
Reading the song title made me expecting some surrealistic, psychedelic pics on ya vid. I expected to see a vid which animates my imagination.
A video should support a song, should support the imagination /fantasy of the listener.
A pic without any connection to the music might bore the watcher / listener pretty soon.
Hope to see a lil more effort on ya next vid with a promising title. 

U.L.I.
#5July 29th, 2012 · 03:01 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I know man, and I do apoligize. in actuality I just threw a random picture on the video so I could upload it to youtube so people could just HEAR the music. I've been SUPER busy lately so I haven't had time to sit down and make a quality video but I hope this next week I won't be as busy and I promise you, I will have QUALITY stuff. I hope. :P

I haven't given up. And this is just a demo. For the full recording of the song I have an excellent video to go along with it planned....again, I HOPE. :P But if you guys keep watching I'll always keep making!!

Plus I recorded this demo a while ago so really no effort was made in uploading this and I apologize for that. I dont want to alienate my viewers because of 'lack of effort'. Thanks for being honest man And I promise, decent stuff coming soon...I wish I wasnt so busy lol
#6July 29th, 2012 · 03:33 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Nevermind, Craig. No harm.
I know that young people are sometimes unpatient and want it all at once . 
But it´s no need to rush with uploading your stuff. One day later everyone will see it, too. Noone will be left tomorrow. We´re all online again tomorrow. (yonno what I mean?)
It´s better taking time with what you´re doing, but then doing it right. Don´t fritter on dozens of projects. Better you focus on one project, the most important project you ever did. Stay concentrated on your actual idea / work. That makes sure that you´ll gain the best possible result.

You seem to be ambitioned in a youtube (TV) carreer, so you need to learn
1. patience,
2. not being satisfied by the first result, 
3. but working precisely as possible and
4. trying to come close to perfection with everything you´re doing in ya life.

Only when you are happy with the result then publish your work. That makes sure that you´ve given the best you had to give.
There are so many peops out there who don´t do so and they dissapear in the grey mass of uploads. Try to be better, special, unique, new, original. Perhaps you may stand out of anonymity......perhaps....

U.L.I.
#7July 29th, 2012 · 10:36 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Thanks so much ULI
You are so right. I am going to take all of those words to heart and make sure that I am going to focus on ONE project at a time (because I have so many ideas all spinning around my head so its almost impossible to choose one lol) and then I am going to work at it until I am happy with it I want to strive to do it right. Strive to make sure it makes me happy. I really really appreciate this
#8July 29th, 2012 · 10:50 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
what video software are you working with ? 

I find I can do some quick video stuff with windows movie maker/ but I have third party software that has more precision and allows me to do lots more effects, to make the video more interesting. 

I have final cut pro, but I'm not real good with it yet.  still in the learning curve.  
 '
Cool video, for a pic,, maybe take a bunch of random pics and do a gallery thing with them.

I did a video for the orphanage fund raiser video project I was involved in.. that's all I did, random pics of  orphans and starving children, and pics of relief workers  giving out food and clothing.  I just faded pic to pic.. pretty easy to do , keeps the vid more interesting imho.

I like the song a lot.  Imho with a little bit of work and thought, you could put together an interesting video for the song, that would depict more about what the song is about.
#9July 30th, 2012 · 10:37 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I did this in windows movie maker but recently I got Sony Vegas Pro and hopefully will be using that a LOT more. I actually took a class on Final cut pro and have a big ol book for it...forgot lots of it and didn't really get any practice afterwards because I dont own a mac...but I know its definitely a good editing program.

I like what you suggest with multiple pictures and things like that. It'd at least be more interesting than one lol

I did have some ideas for a video as well so all I need is some free time to execute those ideas :P
#10July 30th, 2012 · 03:16 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
It's actually the best musical production I think I've heard from you so far, although admittedly I haven't browsed your upload history so maybe that's a bit irrelevant. All good wise words there from ULI. When I think back (or sometimes even listen back) to some of the, how shall I say... primitive music I uploaded on here yonks ago, I feel a bit embarrassed that I ever put it up. For want of a better word, it was frankly, crap.. But If I didn't upload anything then I never would have got to where I am now. It was basically uploading music to this site that made me improve. It might sound a bit vain, but I guess it's something about wanting to impress others that also had an interest in music. And yeah, it was basically one project at a time, utilising the suggestions given by members here and working on it until I thought it was good enough for everyone else to listen to, and even then, it was still crap... just a little less crap than the last one 

I guess I'm just saying that I agree with ULI, keep at it. You have real creativity. you just need focus and an almost OCD attention to detail to create perfection
#11July 30th, 2012 · 10:37 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
IanS wrote…
It's actually the best musical production I think I've heard from you so far, although admittedly I haven't browsed your upload history so maybe that's a bit irrelevant. All good wise words there from ULI. When I think back (or sometimes even listen back) to some of the, how shall I say... primitive music I uploaded on here yonks ago, I feel a bit embarrassed that I ever put it up. For want of a better word, it was frankly, crap.. But If I didn't upload anything then I never would have got to where I am now. It was basically uploading music to this site that made me improve. It might sound a bit vain, but I guess it's something about wanting to impress others that also had an interest in music. And yeah, it was basically one project at a time, utilising the suggestions given by members here and working on it until I thought it was good enough for everyone else to listen to, and even then, it was still crap... just a little less crap than the last one 

I guess I'm just saying that I agree with ULI, keep at it. You have real creativity. you just need focus and an almost OCD attention to detail to create perfection
+1 this
#12August 1st, 2012 · 06:46 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I try and keep things simple in my life and above all strive to be happy and have fun - It's the secret for eternal youth
If you are enjoying what you do you will have the main ingredient to make it happen and that is DESIRE - WILL - DRIVE - AMBITION (they are all related)
Set yourself some realistic goals, then break them down into mini-goals, and see yourself climb as you achieve one mini-goal at a time, as you do your confidence will grow, making you achieve more and more.

If you are looking for video editing software, here is a link that breaks them all down http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/  - I opted for Cyberlink Power Director - it's easy to use compared to the pro stuff like Adobe Premier, Avid Etc, and it works great for music videos, Slide shows with great effects, green screen plus many others. If you know where to go you can get it cheap, or I'm pretty sure you can download it on trial.

#13August 1st, 2012 · 09:18 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Denis wrote…
If you know where to go you can get it cheap, or I'm pretty sure you can download it on trial

Or you can download it free and end up on trial ... 

Piratebay is still wonderful .... use a TOR browser if your government has sold out to the Record and Film industry
#14August 1st, 2012 · 06:44 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
I know everyone was looking for a video but here's my take on the song:

I like the lyrics and the way the song drives forward has a very reflective feeling (like, self introspect).  I think the progress of the guitar and use a bit more variety.  C > G > Am > F is great for the lyrics but when you start getting to "It's keeps us quiet and content until we die, and I cry and I cry..."

Maybe something like (this is just an example so take it with a grain of salt):

[G]         [G]           [F]                   [C]
It keeps us quiet and content until we die
[Am]                [F]               [G] x 2
And I cryyyy and I cryyyyyyy

Something to spice things up and a change in melody and syllables in the words.  Once again, just a suggestion and 1 out of a million gazillion possibilities.  Keep it up!
#15August 2nd, 2012 · 03:57 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Oh my goodness thank you all SO much for replying and putting these thoughtful posts to help me! I take everything you guys say to heart you know!

IanS - thank you so much man! That's one problem I have. Focus. I probably have ADD or ADHD or something because I get sooo disorganized so quickly and then focusing on any one thing is insanely hard to do. But i've been trying to 'beat myself into submission' and try to truly stay organized, stay on top of things. And focus on a task for long enough so I can get it completed AND be perfectly happy with it. Not give up and say 'meh i guess this is as good as its going to get' but like you said, an almost OCD attention to detail. So thank you so much. Everyday I am trying to more and more focus on those things. Focus on attention to detail, and Focus on focusing. :P

toastedgoat - Made me realize what IanS said was even MORE important.

Denis - Exactly denis! Be happy and have fun! And so far, I can say without a doubt whenever I work on these projects...whether it be a song or a video, I truly enjoy it. I'm truly having fun. I don't want to lose that!
I had to read this sentence a couple times to realize that what you said was GENIUS.
"Desire Will Drive Ambition." That's so TRUE. Not only are they all related like you said, and I need to keep up each of those qualities, but they form that genius sentence! Sorry its late and I found it really amusing and awesome. 
And I am DEFINITELY going to keep setting goals, and tackling them in a mini-goal type breakdown is an awesome idea. Thank you so much I am going to apply that fully!!
Also thanks so much for the link for the video editing software because I am trying to find something that works the best for me 

Kings - That's always the best way to get stuff 

UndercoverApple - Thank you so much for being so detailed with your response! Holy cow! You REALLY understand music. Which is awesome and probably why you make such great songs. I tried out what you are talking about and totally understand. I was trying to figure out how I should add variety to the song, or if I should, and this has given me lots of ideas so thank you!! I love that you were able to figure out the chords and everything :P

Hopefully within this next week I'll have lots of new stuff to come! You guys rock 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 8:48 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.