1,932 posts
Canada
Satellite by Guster - Cover

More music
#2July 19th, 2012 · 03:38 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
The best part is when the dynamics changed, the tone of everything was much nicer.
This vocal is better than the last vid you uploaded. I think for your next project try practice singing long notes, trying to keep the notes steady, it will help you to breath properly too. Also open your mouth more (experiment and listen to the tonal difference) to help your voice project. Plus experiment with the dynamics, you'll find there will be a certain level where you can keep the volume consistent between low and high notes. One great tip I learned is when you are try to sing  notes near to the top of your range, mentally and phyisically push every thing down, it's our natural instinct to push up, when we do the vocal passage narrows and makes the sound forced, by pushing down it helps keep your airways free and believe me you'll be able to increase your vocal range by approx another half octave, you will get a buzz from it when you do it, and I know that you can.

It would have been great it you could have got your Darlic to move behind you...
#3July 19th, 2012 · 04:12 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Thanks so much for watching and commenting Denis! I am 100% going to try the techniques you've mentioned, and also I'm hoping for my next cover that I WILL have moving stuff in the background, including the dalek
#4July 22nd, 2012 · 06:19 AM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
Better than your last vid for sure. I think you're improving. Agree with Denis about the dynamics. I Think you could take it further... for instance, when I was listening, I really wanted to hear the guitar brought down in the second verse too, but with some palm muted strumming of the bass notes so it keeps the rhythm.
Lots of energy in this

well done
#5July 26th, 2012 · 04:06 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Love it , every bit of it excellent ... keep on producing creativeness ... you are one energetic guy, keep on top of it.

#6July 27th, 2012 · 03:22 AM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
One of my favorite songs from Guster!  They would be proud of this cover   I think you did a great job with the vocals, especially strumming at such a fast pace and with that much energy.  I'd run out of breath early on
#7August 2nd, 2012 · 03:36 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Woah that's so cool you know Guster! Almost none of my friends know who they are!
Thanks so much for watching guys. I practice every day so hopefully one of these days I'll get better :P Your comments always help so much
#8August 2nd, 2012 · 10:26 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
TheKunadiun wrote…
... I practice every day so hopefully one of these days I'll get better :P Your comments always help so much :D

my 2 cents: You can't get worse! 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:01 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.