#1July 11th, 2012 · 03:50 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
17 by Youth Lagoon (Cover)

This one is actually music. I'd really like to know how I can improve. thanks guys
#2July 12th, 2012 · 03:14 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Hey Jimbobcraig. Thatīs indeed a musicvid.  (Surprise) And itīs not bad. OK, some shaky points in the chant. ...............who cares ?.............

You wanna know how to improve ?
Guess..............?..............?.............?
?
?
?
Thereīs no better way than the good, old "practice,practice,practice,. Singing scales up īn down. Breathing exercises and stuff. Training, training, training. Thatīs the secret of success. And passion, of course. And you have enough passion in your chant.

so here we go........................................la la la la laaaaaaaaaaa........
#3July 12th, 2012 · 11:09 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
thanks for watching ULI!
Practice practice practice is right! I try to practice every day. I just don't see any real improvement...although I will say I have much more confidence. SO I guess I'll just keep at it  Thanks so much!
#4July 13th, 2012 · 11:20 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TheKunadiun wrote…
thanks for watching ULI!
Practice practice practice is right! I try to practice every day. I just don't see any real improvement...although I will say I have much more confidence. SO I guess I'll just keep at it  Thanks so much!
I can't listen at the moment, I'm at work, no speakers.
BUT, about practice, it's about practicing the best thing for you individually that makes the difference. You have have to set goals and goals withing goals, one-step-at-a-time. You need to practice new things, challenging within your capability. Ideally you need a GOOD Teacher who can monitor your progress.

I bought a Harmonica this week, never tried one before, intially I tried blowing it without any instruction and was struggling to get some notes out of it and thought it was defective. Last night one of the partners that a bought from who is a Teacher called me and suggested an embrochure, which when implemented produced a nice smooth tone.  I even started to bend notes that was impossible for me to do beforehand. So yeah in this case it was a matter of learning the CORRECT technique. Keep at it, if you want any tips on playing guitar, I'll try and help, I'm actually starting to give lessons and really enjoying it. I can give you a one-on-one via skype if you have some spare time. My skype is denis.ahmet or search Denis Ahmet UK.
#5July 15th, 2012 · 03:37 AM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
I'm no expert on singing cos I don't do any myself, but you're voice seems a little strained esp in the chorus where it's maybe hard to get a breath. I think this might be to do with technique. I'm sure I've heard vox coaches telling singers to be more relaxed (like to do exercises to warm up and loosen up all the muscles that are involved in singing) and something about singing from your belly (or using your diaphragm properly) so that it sounds more natural and you can project your voice more with less effort. I'm sure this has something to do with posture as well, esp when sitting down cos atm you look as if you're a bit stooped over your guitar. I think you can only practice these things after someone's told you how to do them.

Guitar playing is not bad... It'll improve over time. What guitar is it? It looks nice enough, but you could try others that might have smoother frets or a better action that will help to make your chord changes smoother if you don't feel happy with that one. well done
#6July 15th, 2012 · 06:10 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
my advice would be get a capo so you can find the key you are most comfortable with
At the moment you're singing this song far too high for your voice
It will change your life lol
#7July 15th, 2012 · 12:55 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
     Removed by user .... !
#8July 16th, 2012 · 02:40 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
kings wrote…
:roll:     Removed by user .... !

Yep, sure did. I don't have time to reply to everyones input right now but let me just say, thank you SO much. I REALLY do appreciate it guys. I want to keep growing and learning! So really, thank you!

But yes I deleted it because I really REALLY wasn't proud of it...it was just a first take I did seeing how I'd sound doing that cover but I'm going to practice a bit more and choose something perhaps a bit more in my range, keep practicing and in a few days I'll be uploading some more actual music stuff and see what you guys think of that!
#9July 16th, 2012 · 07:33 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
cool video, couldn't really hear the music, but the font that was used.. with the greyish sparkley moving things going on.. cool

JK.  cmon man.. i've uploaded some crappy stuff.  sometimes it is what it is.  Practice up a bit and run er on up here.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 9:39 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.