#1June 5th, 2012 · 06:34 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
gnarled fingers rag
Yo, I bore down myself and signed up youtube. Channel´s called ULI13th. ....(lucky number !?!?)
So, this is my first vid in public. No artistical pics, cuts or scenes, just sitting in my "parlor-bedroom-studio" and plucking wires. (ok, some small fun-effects added)
I filmed it in HD-quality, so perhaps you need to increase the adjustments up to 720p or 1080p.

#2June 5th, 2012 · 10:39 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Congrates on your first YouTube music video
I wish I had all that space - Nice studio
Guitar looks beautiful - interesting chord progression and chords - would have preferred a fatter sound from it. perhaps you could add Bass to compensate.
What Bass is that in the Vid - it looks a BEAST...

We'll have you dancing in the next one....
#3June 5th, 2012 · 03:50 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
What happened to your head ... it's missing !     

Nice guitar work , nice guitar
Lay the track down and ad to it with those amazing instruments of yours, what software studio do you use ?
#4June 6th, 2012 · 04:17 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
cool.... watching you breathing after the work is done.... funny
weired chords, got some problems to imagine any bass lines. So many different ways....
#5June 6th, 2012 · 06:50 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
haha...That is awesome..Loving the chords but gt a bit thin sounding for genre...and like said before..Where is your head??!!!...Good show ULI!
#6June 7th, 2012 · 06:28 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Thank you, thank you, guys for watching and commenting .   

Denis wrote…
would have preferred a fatter sound from it. perhaps you could add Bass to compensate.
What Bass is that in the Vid - it looks a BEAST...

I´m totally surprised that you and Marino find it sounding to thin. Since I´ve used a kind of "octaver"- effect which is called (by Boss) "harmonics". It adds a lower octave. That should give the piece a sort of "honky tonk" character. And it made the sound a lil boomy and so I reduced bass freqs a bit.
But neither on my Hifi-speakers nor on my cheap, small PC-boxes it sounds too thin to me..... .....really astonishing..............
The "BEAST" is my fretless "Marleaux"-copy I used on Yeti scalp, bass phantasies and Electonaut. I bought it from an internetshop / sender brand --hk-- which sells cheap instruments on ebay.

kings wrote…
Lay the track down and ad to it with those amazing instruments of yours,what software studio do you use ?

I´m still a "stoneager", kings.    Still using a multitracker for recording and editing. (and that machine is even hard enough to understand for me).

Mmmmhh, arranging this piece to a "full-instrumented" version wasn´t my goal here. I composed it just as a folky fingerpicking piece , as a "reminicence" to my early "folk years" back in the 70s.
So, TK is right here about adding some instruments..........soooo many ways.
On Pickguard I did so. Was also a guitar piece, but I added maaaany instrments and stuff.

My head, yes , my head. Nobody will miss my head, believe me. 

Two reasons:
1. I want to focus the watcher´s attention on my playing, not on "Schnickschnack" all around .
2. as you see it was a bright, sunny day. And since there came much backlight through the window, everthing in the background would just show "white". A simple contrast prob.

Again, thnx a lot for your feedback, boys. Will help to improve my audio- and video stuff.

U.L.I.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 9:31 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.