#1June 4th, 2012 · 07:47 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Mandolin Chronicles
Me tinkering around with an old 1940s mandolin at my home studio with what could be a series of song ideas...

#2June 4th, 2012 · 08:27 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Wow - Superb playing M - You should definitely work on an album of Mandolin/Folk - Phew... if you could get your old flute payer back, that would be an awesome Duo.

I've been toying with the idea of getting a Mandolin - you have somewhat inspired me.

What tuning do you use on the Mandolin, some tune like a Violin the traditional way, others like on a Bass.

Keep that Mandolin playing - Truly Superb - Loved it   
#3June 4th, 2012 · 08:43 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Thanks Denis...yes the standard tuning I believe is the same as the fiddle.
G D A E
http://www.get-tuned.com/online_mandolin_tuner.php
#4June 4th, 2012 · 01:36 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Ha, a new facet of bandamp's  "Tausendsassa".  Amazing how much power such a small instrument can gain. Awesome composition.
When I saw / heard you playing your mando I felt sponatiously reminded to a guy (who died much too young) from Cork who wanted to go to his home town.

So let“s start the offical "bandamp-mando-week".    ..............................just kidding.......

#5June 5th, 2012 · 03:45 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I've got a snotty cold picked up from kids so expect my enthusiasm to be tempered

Bloody hell M, I thought you didn't do folk ... your a man after my own hart ...  
Lovely stuff
So is their a permission to jam along with this track? I'm sure I can find time to put a vocal to this at some end of history ... I might find time to do these things in my next life! Who knows.

If you put Led Zeppelin in a concrete mixer for a few hours ... poured the mix into the appropriate mold... wait for it to set ... voilą, you'd have Rory Gallagher.
#6June 6th, 2012 · 06:48 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Kings go for it...would totally love to hear what you can come up with!...Tx for all the comments guys!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 11:48 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.