#1April 21st, 2012 · 09:39 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Some Rush Covers (Drums/Bass)
Just did these today.  Pretty much zero rehearsal or practice and the form of the songs is just all from memory.  Jamming with my favorite bassist, and this is the first time him and I have gotten together in a long time.

Also, my first post on Bandamp in ages also!
Glad to be back!

Hope you enjoy!
#2April 25th, 2012 · 03:53 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice set-up you got there - Is it a garage or some sort of out building.
Anyway nice Jam - would have liked to see more of you both, facial expressions and body language, all that makes up the sound you created.
Am I right in saying your cymbals have seen better days - it's amazing that it doesn't seem to effect the sound, in fact the drums sound pretty good, considering drums are the hardest to record well
#3April 25th, 2012 · 04:27 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Thx Denis,  this place is actually a rehearsal studio near my house, and thus those are not my drums.
Yeah, I forgot my wide angle lens so it was hard to get a good angle with the camera.  Will try and capture more next time.  Totally agree about the facial expressions, sorry bout that.

The cymbals are pretty beat up at this studio, but I picked the best ones they had.  In my opinion, with crappy cymbals like B8s and some of the lower end Zildjians, the more beat up they get the better they sound because you can't get much worse sounding than what they sound like when they're brand new.  Most cymbals sound better with age, and the cracks give these ones a cool trashy sound that is usually desirable in a cymbal that is brand new.

The recording was made with 3 microphones on a mono active PA mixer (with a stereo record-out, which is pointless since it doesn't output in stereo).  One mic on Bass, one on Kick, and one on over heads.  I cranked the HIs and lower-mids on the overhead, and that is probably why the cymbals sound so sweet (more hi creamy trebles and extra punch on the snare at around 600 or 700 ).

Thanks for watching!
#4April 30th, 2012 · 12:52 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
That was pretty awesome!!! The Trees was the best
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 18th, 2024 · 11:51 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.