#1April 15th, 2012 · 08:43 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Patterns
Well well well a video review forum! This is way cool!

Here's me rehearsing for a solo gig some while ago, everything you hear (sequencers, loop station) is being controlled live.

The resulting gig was a success, however the amount of work and attention I had to put into it onstage took away from the fun, and I did not pursue a continuation of this project.

#2April 15th, 2012 · 10:32 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
This is great - amazing what we can do single-handed
How many takes did you do out of interest?

I like the Sword on your wall, where did that come from? - On Guard
#3April 15th, 2012 · 12:13 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Sweet...Totally dig this Px....I always look up to you and sense of creativity...Im sold Ill prolly get a loop pedal myself...Love the sword in the wall too!!!!!!
#4April 15th, 2012 · 01:13 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
@ Denis: this was my third rehearsal, the second one standing up/in stage-configuration, the first one I videotaped. I did a final rehearsal after this but the video from that one is a bit crappy. I was doing that in the hallway and it just makes little sense. I know the ins and outs of the gear I use quite well, thats how I came up with the idea for this project to begin with, I had already figured out how to manage the equipment live before the first rehearsal - which was to verify that it would work at all. I videotaped the later rehearsals mainly to check on my stage performance, what it would look like, what I could/should alter.

@ Marino and Denis: that sword is a Nazgul sword, from the Lord of Rings movie trilogy. Official merchandise - very same manufacturer and model as the ones used as props in the movies. It comes with a certificate of authenticity and all
#5April 15th, 2012 · 03:29 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
As usual I love your work ... this gets a bit long but I can see the intensity of keeping it going right, it has a structure after all. And it's all live loops and sequencers ? Well done.
Would you also be doing the same as the Edge when he plays a third of the riff and the echo plays the rest ?
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 10:04 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.