#1April 2nd, 2012 · 09:02 PM
5 threads / 1 songs
21 posts
Canada
Sunday Morning Video (Cover)
Since this isn't our original song, I was averse to posting it under audio-review, especially since we've already recorded a rough demo of this song (we're still working on a studio-grade mix). But since many of you really seemed to take to our singer we thought we'd post a video of us playing the song. There are some errors, and the mix isn't perfect (and 0 video editing was done) but, overall, I think you'll all enjoy the track!

Also, on the off chance that someone wants to download it (I don't see why, we have a better version coming soon) you can do so here: http://cl.ly/FXmc
Enjoy! and tell us whatever you think We're also (still) writing originals and we'll have some demos recorded… soon. Sorry for the lack of input guys, we're working very hard and will be more active soon!
(PS: tell me if the video link doesn't work, I can't view it myself) While I'm figuring out what to write between the youtube tags, here's just a plain old link! http://youtu.be/ejakpIpK6a0
#2April 2nd, 2012 · 09:26 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Hey, Alex! I'd LOVE to see it, but (I'm sure you know this by now)...there ain't no video there - I hope you try to upload this again...if you need help, let me know....
#3April 2nd, 2012 · 09:27 PM
5 threads / 1 songs
21 posts
Canada
battlecat wrote…
Hey, Alex! I'd LOVE to see it, but (I'm sure you know this by now)...there ain't no video there - I hope you try to upload this again...if you need help, let me know....
I actually didn't know (I disabled flash on my computer. Not to fear! I'll fix it!)
#4April 2nd, 2012 · 10:04 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Hope you don't mind - I decided to put it in there - great video! Great vibe to your band!
#5April 2nd, 2012 · 10:08 PM
5 threads / 1 songs
21 posts
Canada
battlecat wrote…
Hope you don't mind - I decided to put it in there - great video! Great vibe to your band!
Not at all, thank you very much! Man, I just love your positivity BattleCat. I just wish someone other than the bassist (me) would groove to the beat :p
#6April 2nd, 2012 · 10:14 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
You're very welcome! By the way, you can find a great little tutorial on how to embed videos on Bandamp here: http://forum.bandamp.com/Questions/27177.html (I'm not sure, but it's possible we do it a bit differently). By the way, for this video, you would put "ejakpIpK6a0&feature" (everything between the equal marks on the URL)
between the "Youtube" tags.
#7April 4th, 2012 · 07:41 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
You guys are really good ... have you been to a big company somewhere with a video and/or demo ?
They would bend over backwards to sell your singer ... she's got everything they need to make you famous and make them BIG bucks.
They are simply wolves though with no soul ....    but they could make you rich and famous ... but not until they are rich of course.

You could go to a small studio and see if they would make a pro demo with you, get it out there on the internet  with a good video and then keep on pushing it the way you want it to go ..... and look after yourselves more than anything.

She's stupidly cute, is talented and has a very unique voice ... what more do you need to succeed in the music business ? ..... O yea! A good manager who's on your side and a couple of BIG minders ... also on your side !
Then you really could take the whole lot on.
#8April 5th, 2012 · 01:59 AM
5 threads / 1 songs
21 posts
Canada
kings wrote…
You guys are really good ... have you been to a big company somewhere with a video and/or demo ?
They would bend over backwards to sell your singer ... she's got everything they need to make you famous and make them BIG bucks.
They are simply wolves though with no soul ....    but they could make you rich and famous ... but not until they are rich of course.

You could go to a small studio and see if they would make a pro demo with you, get it out there on the internet  with a good video and then keep on pushing it the way you want it to go ..... and look after yourselves more than anything.

She's stupidly cute, is talented and has a very unique voice ... what more do you need to succeed in the music business ? ..... O yea! A good manager who's on your side and a couple of BIG minders ... also on your side !
Then you really could take the whole lot on.

Thank you very much Kings, our singer was nearly in tears when she read that. You're very kind, but we realize full-well your words should not be taken simply as a kind gesture from a stranger: anything that has been holding back our singer should now be gone: she said your comment was eye-opening in the sense that she really can make it big, but for that she has to, not only believe herself, but apply herself to this with her whole heart because this is what she needs to do. (she's going to study music professionally, but she also wants to commit to our band with more fervour). We're always working on keeping our group tight and we're slowly writing material. Again, thank you!
#9April 5th, 2012 · 02:09 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Dude that was absolutely brilliant!!! I also subscried on youtube!!! I'm so excited to see and hear more from you guys!!! totally totally excited for original stuff!!
#10April 5th, 2012 · 02:13 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I love music videos like this, they capture the real music, no fancy editing, what you see is what you get and that is a very entertaining performance, which leads me into you should plan if you already have done so some gigs, video them too.
Would love the vocalist to sing to the camera next time please.
Great to see young musicians playing like you do.
Keep it up!
#11April 5th, 2012 · 02:34 AM
5 threads / 1 songs
21 posts
Canada
TheKunadian wrote…
Dude that was absolutely brilliant!!! I also subscried on youtube!!! I'm so excited to see and hear more from you guys!!! totally totally excited for original stuff!!

Thank you! The YouTube account is just hers, but we'll be posting some of the band's stuff there as well. Original stuff is both exciting and frightening, because she gets total freedom over how to sing. We'll keep everyone posted.

Denis wrote…
I love music videos like this, they capture the real music, no fancy editing, what you see is what you get and that is a very entertaining performance, which leads me into you should plan if you already have done so some gigs, video them too.
Keep it up!

Our humble thanks! We are planning on doing local gigs soon and we will definitely video those how we can. Actually we had another camera pointed at the vocalist, and it was higher quality as well, but the she insisted that I have to be in the shot (because as bassist I often complain about being invisible and unheard, hahaha) so we went with that one. If we'll be recording more video's we'll figure out placement such that we can all fit AND you get to see her sing. Thank you for the support, we WILL keep doing this!
#12April 5th, 2012 · 12:50 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
alexpopov wrote…
TheKunadian wrote…

Thank you! The YouTube account is just hers, but we'll be posting some of the band's stuff there as well. Original stuff is both exciting and frightening, because she gets total freedom over how to sing. We'll keep everyone posted.

Denis wrote…
Keep it up!

Our humble thanks! We are planning on doing local gigs soon and we will definitely video those how we can. Actually we had another camera pointed at the vocalist, and it was higher quality as well, but the she insisted that I have to be in the shot (because as bassist I often complain about being invisible and unheard, hahaha) so we went with that one. If we'll be recording more video's we'll figure out placement such that we can all fit AND you get to see her sing. Thank you for the support, we WILL keep doing this!

Ah you could have edited both video cameras, just like in a pro video. don't have to be the best camera's either, in fact you often see video clips of varying quality that only adds Character. I've seen some good music videos with just a mobile phone  
**EDIT**
Someone I know who is a very keen hobbyist says that ideally you don't want a clip to last longer than 10 seconds, it keeps it interesting, moving all the time. That's some serious editing
#13April 6th, 2012 · 02:50 AM
5 threads / 1 songs
21 posts
Canada
Denis wrote…
Ah you could have edited both video cameras, just like in a pro video. don't have to be the best camera's either, in fact you often see video clips of varying quality that only adds Character. I've seen some good music videos with just a mobile phone  
**EDIT**
Someone I know who is a very keen hobbyist says that ideally you don't want a clip to last longer than 10 seconds, it keeps it interesting, moving all the time. That's some serious editing :o

We're working on getting some local talent to help us out with a better video-setup because, admittedly, not only was this filmed on a 4 year old pocket-cam, but the AV editing is done on a 5 year old 1.8Ghz, 2GB ram machine… I simply cannot do a good job with what I have (and I am incredibly OCD about quality. Our old recordings make my ears bleed, while this video just makes my retinas want to forget what they saw). But we're always trying to improve, on all fronts, and so video quality (and dynamic) will be gradually increased
#14April 6th, 2012 · 04:14 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Just can repeat myself : This girl has quite a unique kind of expression. She -as well as  you all-  needs just a lil more experience and self-confindence in your talent and to work constantly on your music.
Everything else will come automaticly : better sound, better vids, matured compositions, gigs.
Keep your way, fellows ! 

U.L.I.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 5:07 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.