#1September 16th, 2005 · 05:52 PM
1 threads
3 posts
Canada
Homemade Music Videos
Has anyone here made a music video for one of your band's songs? I haven't done one yet for my group (we haven't recorded anything yet) but I have some years of video editing and production (including music vids for others), and want to know if there's anyone who can share some experience on the matter of doing your own. Do you made it in the vision of how you perceive the song, or in a style that will be more readily welcomed by an audience?
#2November 14th, 2005 · 02:53 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
28 posts
United States of America
re: Homemade Music Videos
That depends on what you want to do the video for.  If you do it for your own, you might want a more personal video, to help accompany the song and convey the emotion better; unless you just have a random video idea and want to put it to music, that could be funny too.  If you want it to sell, or put it in a festival, then maybe you should refine your ideas to make it more commercially available. Overall, if you want it to look a certain way, do it, don't let others talk you out of it, listen to what they say and if you like it then go ahead, but if you want it a certain way, make sure it ends up that way. Im currently storyboarding for my first music video; i took video classes in high school and am looking to get into an art college that offers film as a major; but as of right now i dont have the money for that, so im gonna work, open up a little in home business editing videos and stuff, save up money for equipment then see where i get from there.  I haven't done any music videos for someone else, but i know when making any kind of video, make sure that you don't slack in the preproduction, cuz it will bite you in the ass later. Most of all have fun though.

saintjammer wrote…
Has anyone here made a music video for one of your band's songs? I haven't done one yet for my group (we haven't recorded anything yet) but I have some years of video editing and production (including music vids for others), and want to know if there's anyone who can share some experience on the matter of doing your own. Do you made it in the vision of how you perceive the song, or in a style that will be more readily welcomed by an audience?
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 9:05 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.