1 2

#1October 12th, 2007 · 12:23 AM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
The Music or Marino?
Will be adding more :]

MM:Hello Marino.How are you this fine evening?

Marino:Good thanks for asking Meow.Just taking a break from recording.
And how are you?By the way I think your doing a great job with the interviews!!

MM:aww...thank you!Just wish I could get more around to them you know.and the same old,same old.

Marino:Well I guess thats like music ,sometimes you have to keep pushing until you achieve your goal, and sometimes is right there in your face.Its all part of the process!

MM:I agree completely!Well while we're on the subject,do you feel that you've reached your goal musically?

Marino:My musical goals change all the time.I do have short term goals and long term ones ,but again flexibility and adaptability is key for my musical process.right know one of my goals is getting a balance between my general practice time and my music creation process.You know theres only so many hours available for me.So no I guess my answer would be no ,and don't think I ever will;but I believe thats healthy for me,it will make me keep pushing.

MM:Now what happens when a musician doesn't get a good balance?Does their career fall apart?Does it deter them from reaching their future goals?

Marino:Well I can only speak for myself! In general I can run with an idea or ideas of songs or elements of sound and so on an produce a fair amount of music,but the cup gets empty and I have to refill so it can get frustrating.My career has been up and down so I don't really pay attention to it as long as I can pay for rent and food.I love music thats why I do it career or not.My future goals are set but I'm not dependent on on their success for me to keep doing music.Again I do it out of my love for music.So balance comes in many ways for me i guess the answer should be.Sometimes filling the cup can be changing genre or learning or taking a break all together.

MM:Well what if one could not fill the cup again,so to speak?Or if they do not want to?

Marino:Then i get a new glass because that old one must be broken.Theres always a way to fill the cup.Well they is not me,so they can try something else,me personally can't see myself not doing it...Drawing can be fun!LOL.I would say listen to other music get involved find inspiration;thats what i do.Thats how I found the Amp,getting involved!

MM:So that is how you found the AMP?Because you were out of inspiration for music,or did you just sort of stumble upon it?

Marino:Actually looking for musicians to make a band when starting to relocate to ARKANSAS...I can be with out inspiration and still play,just not my best stuff...Well I just found it.Feels great to have so many musician friends all over the world.So it has changed me in many ways and I have been taught by some great people in the Amp.Jim is still trying to get me to sing...i don't think I will though LOL

MM:Aww...why not?Other people throw their voice up on the AMP,why haven't you?Plus I'm sure you can sing great.

Marino:ha ha ha.Not,trust me.Lisa can do it;I'll stick with the guitar.

MM:Do you enjoy working with your wife musically,or do tempers and genres of each side clash for an epic battle of proportions?

Marino:Yup world war can break on occasion.But imagine we've been playing in bands together for ten years.She's awesome and I have a lot of respect for her talent.We try to be patient and focus on whats good for the song,not for us.Good for the song is what the focus should be,always.

MM:So what do you and Ms.Lisa use to record,like your equipment and such?

Marino: I use two condensed mics for Lisa ran through a foxtex mixer used as preamp to my PC and some plug ins.For guitar I use my digitech processor another set of pluggins,Record on Cubase and Fruitty Loops(Thanks to Kings and Minds at play for tech support).I can also mic my amps but there in the basement where i do live stuff.So is easier just to use the processor for now!

MM:So why do you make music?Like the true deep meaning

Marino:I make music because it helps me deal with stuff.I can be happy,angry,sad or what ever and music becomes an extension of that feeling and at times it intensifies the feeling to a sort of creative euphoria.So it's almost addictive for me.And a great way to channel.

MM:Well we've seen so much talent on the AMP,and hopefully much more soon,but who are some people we should watch for in the near future?

Marino:Well in the amp are many great people and musicians.From the old school I like BattleCat ,Minds at play,Toasted Goat,Triton Keyboarder,Denis,Avi,Punchbear,Blakhatz,Avi,Izzil,Joanadakel,Yokoinc,Dave UK etc,to many to list...Newer stuff Sir Boris ,Jorge Boscan,meow Machine,Dj poogie,etc...

MM:What's one thing the AMP doesn't know about you?

Marino:I'm an artist Incognito but I wont say who I really am until I'm ready!Its my secret for now!
#2October 12th, 2007 · 09:37 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
brilliant interview. Marino is a true talent.
 very surprised ( and honoured ) to be mentioned in that list at the end...

keep up the good work meow
#3October 12th, 2007 · 12:01 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Great stuff.  This is such a great idea.  As with SirBorris, I am honored at the mention.
#4October 12th, 2007 · 12:11 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Marino is not only gifted, he's also the hardest-working, most dedicated musician I know! Additionally, it turns out he's a great guy, to boot! Bravo, MeowMachine for yet another well-done interview! (btw, anybody else wondering about the "artist incognito" thing? Okay, Marino, what are you concealing from us?)
#5October 12th, 2007 · 12:14 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Great Job. guys!  Hey, Avi is on that list twice! Should we be jealous!? Just kidding! Keep it up, Meow!  Looking forward to more interviews! Great job on the questions! You are starting to mix it up...  and you asked about equipment which is cool!
#6October 12th, 2007 · 01:02 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Very cool interview, I didn't add a comment before because I thought there was more to come.
Don't want to tell your business but Master Marino has a very interesting musical history, different bands / cities etc, I'd have loved to know a bit more about his R&R past ! 

Artist Incognito !.....Elvis ? is that you ??? 
#7October 12th, 2007 · 01:38 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Ahh... I figured it out..  Artist didnt necessarily mean musician.. turns out hes a prolific actor!    

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0182508/

LOL!!!!!!!
#8October 12th, 2007 · 02:58 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Wow you must have done about 50 films ;

"Tarzan" .... Sergeant (1 episode, 1968)    COOL!
#9October 12th, 2007 · 03:52 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Thanks guys :]
I was trying to shake it up a bit with the questions
But I think it was good
and thanks Marino for the great interview!
#10October 12th, 2007 · 04:34 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
I knew M was quite a bit older than me, but 1938? Hot damn!

Hilarious find MAP .
#11October 12th, 2007 · 08:42 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
What's more frightening
He died in 1983....  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaa  It's a G-G-G-GHOST!!!!!!!

OOOOoooooOOOOOOoooooooooooo

JimK
#12October 12th, 2007 · 08:45 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Nah man, just went incognito!
#13October 12th, 2007 · 10:41 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Boo!
#14October 12th, 2007 · 11:36 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
#15October 13th, 2007 · 08:46 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom

Some peole just cant handle going to the dentist.

BTW Awesome interview.
M you are a legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denis
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 3:12 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.