#1March 15th, 2008 · 12:54 AM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Such Great Heights(Flyer Interview)
Flyer7747!!!

MM:so how has you week gone?

Flyer:Its been a nice week..I'm slowly getting back to the flow of things..I was doing some work today on a song..so things are good

MM:that's good to hear :] are you back to work yet or no?

Flyer:I'm Retired from work Chy..I'm a disabled Military Veteran...My bust ass butt days are over...so that gives me a lot of free time to devote to my music

MM:I knew you were in the military. I had no clue you were retired though

Flyer:work is a good thing  and i do miss it

MM:can't you get a job or they won't let you?

Flyer:I can work part time in a Veterans Hospital...which I will be doing soon...When I was in the hospital I was actually helping a lot of Veterans..and I did like it a lot...so, nice I get myself all squared away with my health I will venturing down that avenue

MM:that sounds cool :] what would you do there?

Flyer:I would assist Veterans to the destination that are looking to go to...help them in the cars  things like that seem like a small detail but a big help to a Disabled Veteran.talk to them  just to converse and let them know that they are remembered
(The we talked about pizza for half an hour lol that was great!)

MM:So obviously you make music,but what's your favorite kind(to play,to listen to,etc.)?

Flyer:well, I really like to listen to Lynrd Skynrd...they deffinalty are my favorite all time band...the currnt band and also the former band with Ronnie Van Zant...But, I like a wide range of music. I think Ronnie was a great songwriter.He would never wear shoes on stage. I also think Bruce Springsteen was and is a great songwriter also....

MM:ugh...sorry but I CANNOT stand Bruce. It's not cause he's out of my time era,but just none of his music appealed to me : I just guess I don't see what's so great about him.

Flyer:his older stuff is a lot more of what I like....Thunder Road...Backstreets....ect...

MM:So if you could meet any musician(living or dead) who would it be?

Flyer:such a long list is ahead...but ill keep this very short...John Lennon...George Harrison...Jim Morrison....Ronnie Van Zandt,eric clapton..janis joplin...Jimi Hendrix....ect.....

MM: Why them?
I mean I have nothing against them...The ones that I know are amazing musicians.

Flyer: Because I like them....

MM: Ha.But WHY do you like them?

Flyer:lol

MM:No...seriously :

Flyer:they were very real...Janis came from the heart...John wrote and sang from his soul....Ronnie was what you saw is what you got...eric clapton is a walking legend...Jimi hendrix has been dead for 30 some yres...yet he is still ahead of his time..

MM:Why do you think they were so popular? Why do you think most music is popular now? The lyrics? The message? The beat? The artist?

Flyer:I think they were so popular because we could relate to what they were saying in a song  a message...like John Lennon said...Give peace a chance...for example....there is a message in most of the work those artist have accomplished...like tears in heaven...about Erics baby son who died

MM: Do you think when John got married to Yoko,it changed the Beatles...'appearance' for future generations,for good or worse or none what-so-ever?

Flyer: I think John was the most original Beatle...the others didnt like yoko...but John didnt care...I think Johns music got even better after he left the beatles..for good or worse?  whos to say..it all depends on what you like...if you liked to listen to early Beatles then John being with yoko may have made a difference to what you thought...if you like his music after he met yoko..then it didnt matter

MM:Who do you think has been the most influential band/musician throughout time?

Flyer:its hard to pick out any one person or any one band..there are so many pioneers...like Buddy Hollie...Richie Valens..who had 3# 1 hits at 17 years of age...then you go to Elvis...yes Elvis...he was a big impact....then you have the Beatles coming to the USA....the world changed at that point and time in America....They arrived in the USA after John Kennedy was shot...that was the loss of the innocence as we new it...so to say who had the most impact is a very hard thing to answer....because its not just the music that shapes times and history..but actual events also have occured...I hope Iam making sense here  lol

MM: ha perfect sense. I dunno..I think America needed the Beatles to come after Kennedy was shot.They invoked peace and that's what most of America did not have on it's mind(since we were dealing with the Russians at that time with bombs and astronautical events) and when they understood that peace I guess that kind of molded us into the America we live in(although most of us do not care about peace and the messages of our predasecors which we so once adored and sparked a whole movement about)

Flyer: yes the Beatles were a very good change of pace ...for lack of a better word...but then also the drugs started to be more of a problem...and dont forget the Vietnam War...along with the Assassination's of Martin and Bobby.....the Chicago Democractic dissaster..then to Watergate...so on and so on...things were never the same after John Kennedy was shot...

MM: I agree the drugs were caused because of the Beatles and other various artists,but I would never as go so far as to say those other events were caused by them.

Flyer:no, I agree...but I'm just setting out the pattern we have seen since I can recall...from being on this earth....now there are a lot of good things that have happened also....more breakthrough for the fight of cancer...more protection for the abused children of this world from the sick people who abuse them...and in my time  I hope I get to see the first Black President be elected to this counrty...why?...Because I think its a good change of pace...and I think Obama is going to be that guy

MM:Obama's cool and I like what he stands for but JFK was assinated,what makes you think that Obama won't cause he's black?or Hilary because she's a woman. Don't get me wrong I would love for obama or Hilary(ok maybe not hilary maybe Condoleeza rice :]) to be president...but I guess I find no point in having a president who's going to be killed.

Flyer:Funny thing  I was just thinking the same thing about Obama..lets hope that history doesnt repeat it self in that case....I think the idea of a Black man being president is a good thing for this reason...Black people know what its like to be  the forgotten man...so to say..I think Obama would be very fair for all men and women..no matter what they may be....I have a hard time really explaining myself properly  I hope you get what Im saying

MM:I'm going to say this now,but I'm not racist,k? But the black people have not been forgotten. People like Condoleeza,Malcolm X,MLK Jr,so on and so forth have been advancing black people for years...I don't feel like getting in to that debate..
But I do agree that Obama will be fair to everyone,but not everyone will be fair to him.

Flyer:...I dont want to get into a racial disscussion lol we agree

MM:What do you think of Jim asking for money for bandamp? Do you think it's a good idea or bad?

Flyer:well..I was one of the first ones to suggest that idea in a thread...jim just is the one who is taking the bull by the horns  and I applaud him for doing it...I think it is a great Idea...I have all the confidence in Jim.. I think he will handle it in the best interest of the Bandamp community.. and yes  I have donated...

MM:Do you think the money should specifically be used for a programmer?

Flyer:if that is what is needed ..then yes.what ever it takes to keep the amp afloat

MM: Is it true you have reindeer?

Flyer:ahahhah     you have been talking to Pagans

MM: :] mayybeee...

Flyer:Yes I do

MM: Lastly,what's one thing the amp doesn't know about you?

Flyer:lol...there is more then one thing I would say...But...heres one...I was almost a pro Baseball player
close

MM:what?for what team?

Flyer:Baltimore..Cinncinnati..Philadelphia...all were interested in me

MM:What happened?

Flyer: it just didnt pan out ...life grabbed me at that time...my Grandpa had just died...he was my anker in life..with out him there on the side..in the stands..i lost all interest in it at that time in my life..it was a bad time...but..I carried on..I had to

MM: I'm sorry to hear that...sorry it didn't quite work out..but with baseball there would be no time for music and what's the amp like without flyer? :]

Flyer:lol   ha   I guess
 it would still be BANDAMP

MM:ha..true..but it would be different
anywho I know you're tired and I am too. I want to say thanks for the interview! and for being aweosme :]

Flyer:well... thank you we finally did it..it was really nice..Im glad we did this

MM:Me,too! Night and thanks again :]
#2March 15th, 2008 · 09:02 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
OMG

I stoped reading this at some point you may imagine...  I just wish you stick to the questions from now on.  Or read something... that may help you to have well founded opinions.

... please.
#3March 15th, 2008 · 10:08 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
well they're opinions. 
#4March 16th, 2008 · 07:54 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hey MM, great work your doing hear, some amazing stuff about out LEGEND 'FLYER'

Keep it up!!!!

Denis
#5March 16th, 2008 · 02:09 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Opinions are not enough, as i said they should be WELL FOUNDED.  Otherwise, keep them for some cofee chat.
#6March 16th, 2008 · 02:14 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
denis: thank you very much :]

aetheris: well it wasn't intended to be some hardcore conversation.I just ask a few question and he answers them the way he wants and I respond in  whatever manner I see fit,whether that's what I think is my well founded opinion or not.
And last time I checked,I posted this in the Pit,and it says "Doesn't fit anywhere else? Post it."  That's exactly what I did.
#7March 16th, 2008 · 03:13 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
AtMM=Let it go!!!!!

Great to know you better Ralph...
M.
#8March 16th, 2008 · 04:24 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
thanks
#9March 17th, 2008 · 08:58 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
will post most later, but I enjoyed the interview!!  I love these things!  Gotta run for class now, but i'll be back
#10March 18th, 2008 · 11:16 AM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Thanks for giving us access to another great artist, Chy.  Great job!  Maybe I'll follow up with some more technical interviews in the future...  something that address' more of the hands on side of what we do as musicians?  I think between the two of us there will be some great information out there! Keep it up!
#11March 19th, 2008 · 12:15 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Even with the opinions, it's fine, I think.  Opinions are what make us personable.  Not to say that I agree with everyone else's opinions, usually, but hey.  It's nice to read all of it!

That's pretty neat, flyer, about the baseball thing!  I wouldn't have guessed!  And a reindeer?  Crap, man, that's cool    Just a day before you posted this, I was just thinking about how we hadn't been graced with an interview in a while!  Perfect timing.
#12March 19th, 2008 · 02:03 AM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
MAP:Works for me :]

TLS:Thanks for seeing my somewhat points about opinions!

and thanks to all who have read,and also thanks to flyer 
#13March 19th, 2008 · 11:14 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i think the easiest way to think about it is this:

if we expect interviewers to never give opinions, or news anchors, etc, then we turn them into information machines, and they become less like people.  For something like CNN, that's required, since it's such a large audience, and there's absolutely no benefit to the public if a single wo/man in a 1:population ratio of anchor:listener.  However, there's no sense in de-humanizing you, MM, for such a (relatively) small community.

You're fine.  I'm interested in MM the interviewer, not MM the robot question machine.
#14March 19th, 2008 · 11:55 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Let me start at saying that this was a very pleasant read, Meow should do interviews more often!

Also @ aetheris I'd like to say that I do understand your criticism, however you should understand that every interviewer has his/her own style and technique, largely depending on the medium where the interview will be placed. We have here a music site with a close community of people who've come to know eachother('s roles in this community) pretty well, so an interview is likely to be non-pretentious and casual of nature. Meow does this pretty well, and I hope she will develope further in this.

In many other media interviews would have to be much more technical or aimed at extracting/highlighting certain specific information, however there's plenty of magazines where the interviewer shows his own opinions and comments to his subject. It's all cool with me

Well done Meow looking forward to the next one !
#15March 19th, 2008 · 07:05 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Thanks PX. :] I try to make them pleasant as they come.

and..since PX mentioned the how 'casual nature' thing,I applied at a local radio for an internship for interviews with musicians! No calls yet,but I've got my fingers crossed :]
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 3:14 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.