#1January 30th, 2008 · 07:03 AM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
Amp-athon NB
Hey, do any of these Amp-athons ever make it to little ol' New Brunswick???
#2January 30th, 2008 · 08:14 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Amazing ampathons and you
shinaube wrote…
Hey, do any of these Amp-athons ever make it to little ol' New Brunswick???

If you are meaning get togethers, we had one in Ontario, at Niagara on the lake.. Spoon hosted that one at her home.. It was pretty cool...  That wasn't too far from NB... AT least not as far as Durham England..  And we did have one member come from there, Swordfish..  So, I don't wanna hear it's too far as an excuse from anyone..

hehehe...  On the other hand, We are planning on having more than one get together this year...  If anyone is interested in helping host one, speak up, and we can all come to your house, and leave beer bottles on your lawn, and not put the toilet seat down, and somehow get mustard on the ceiling.. . no seriously, if anyone is interested, let everyone know.. I know there are many members in the "Great White North".. So, perhaps you could have Canadamp, or some other such cheesy title for a get together there.. We are also wanting to have one somewhere more in the south central US area too, to help get some of those who can't actually travel that far the chance to meet and greet...  I know Mud is wanting to set up a geodesic dome at Burning Man this year...That is in August in Nevada...  It's hot, and brutal... so I won't be able to make it myself, for health reasons..  But, plan on meeting every member I possibly can so, who knows where I might show up..  Bandamp Europe had a great meeting last year, and is enticing me with the photos and talk of the wonderful time there... I may have to go to one... who knows, if I strike it rich, I'll be there this year(Don't hold your breath on that one).. But, I know TritonKeyboarder was talking of hosting one in Germany this year.. But I haven't heard much on that recently.. so, it's still in the air on that...  but ANYONE interested in hosting a get together, and I mean SERIOUSLY interested, not just hey I'm 14, so let's host it here in my town, or yeah, I want to do a get together here in my town, there are lots of great places, and umm, you guys handle it, just let me know when it is.. I mean serious like "I have a campground, I already have the info, and this is how much it is, we will have the whole place to ourselves, with fishing and swimming and blah blah" or "I have a monster yard, and lots of room, and you bring the beer, and I'll drink it" or something like that... you know..

But I can't drive to Nova Scotia to talk to a campground owner to see if it's ok to hold it there, because your underage, and your mom don't want you talking to those wierdo freaks on the internet, but you want to party, and are hoping that some member, in a drunken fit of dumbass syndrome will let you have a beer... hehehehe

Anyway, That's all I have to say about that...

JimK

The cases cited in this post are fictional. No resemblance to any real dumbass or 14 year olds is intended. If you are a dumbass or 14 year old, and are offended by this, we apologize. You may contact your local union hall, for the DAFTYO Union. Or you may go sit on a mushroom, and wait for us to contact you. hehehehe
#3January 30th, 2008 · 04:19 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
Well, i might have to take a field trip than!!! I would love to meet some of the people from this site, and I'm sure there's plenty of jamming and whatnot going on! Oh, and by the way, your sarcastic humor is quite appreciated!!! Just remember, we were all 14 year old dumbasses at one time!!! lol
#4January 30th, 2008 · 05:01 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
I'm hoping someone in the UK will plan one in September...I'll be there from September 10-23 anyways...hmmm?
#5January 31st, 2008 · 05:49 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Band Amp Party 08
I can set something up here if you want, the only thing is , I do not have accommodations for any more people(house is full up)..  I can get a bar here to host us , We would have stage, PA and lights. I could even get someone to do digital video, and do a decent live recording of the event.(separate audio sends).
I just need to get some conformation that people would show up. This would be some work for me ( setting up PA. lights, getting the console sends set up to a  mobile recorder. and music lined up( I would provide some kinda of entertainment between bandamp music) would be some work so conformation would be appreciated.

I would also have a house band that could learn your music (send it to me what you would want to play at the party) or just come up and Jam with the house band.

anyone interested let me know.   I can do this( have done this kind of thing before).
#6January 31st, 2008 · 06:36 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
re: Band Amp Party 08
toastedgoat wrote…
I can set something up here if you want, the only thing is , I do not have accommodations for any more people(house is full up)..  I can get a bar here to host us , We would have stage, PA and lights. I could even get someone to do digital video, and do a decent live recording of the event.(separate audio sends).
I just need to get some conformation that people would show up. This would be some work for me ( setting up PA. lights, getting the console sends set up to a  mobile recorder. and music lined up( I would provide some kinda of entertainment between bandamp music) would be some work so conformation would be appreciated.

I would also have a house band that could learn your music (send it to me what you would want to play at the party) or just come up and Jam with the house band.

anyone interested let me know.   I can do this( have done this kind of thing before).

You know I'm there.. Even if it is just you and me jammin in the lobby of a hotel and drinking coffee all night..

I am there....  I hope more people can show up... I know it's hard, but if we plan early... like NOW.. we can do it...  So, we would need a date set first....  Lets start there... I am free for most anything right now...  So, let's shoot for July or August...  Don't want it to be too soon, to give time to plan, and not too late, where it ends up getting cold...  People may want to camp.. I like to camp...  and it's cheaper... and I'm sure there is a state park campground somewhere near by.. those are nice.. hot showers usually.. and electric if needed... 

JimK
#7January 31st, 2008 · 09:57 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
Where are you in the States?
#8January 31st, 2008 · 11:41 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
The Goat man
Resides in the Kansas City Missouri area...  I myself am in the Columbus Ohio Area.. 

You gunna come too? ?   I hope so!
#9February 1st, 2008 · 01:12 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Ok I will get started on this
Just to let everyone know,  The venue will control the date.... I will have to find the best weekend that will be open in late July or Aug, get it booked and locked in with a contract.  After I get this done then that will be the bandamp date.. I am looking at having the same house band there Friday night , and Saturday from about 1:00pm  on until the bar closes Saturday night.  Sunday will be rest day and look at the sights  We have a  refurbished down town area.,  one of the best shopping plazas in the world.  The Nelson art Gallery/Museum  and the Union Station Science exhibits.  We also have Worlds OF Fun (like Six Flags). Another cool thing is the Jazz Museum.

If you arrive on or before the Friday, and want to play on Friday night, the house band is more than willing to let you sit in. Saturday will be set up for band ampers and a few guest artist.   we will see about running a signal out to a recording device of some kind to get some decent audio.  This will be a laid back relaxed atmosphere so any skill level, or if you just want to burn your music to cd and sing along with it then that works too.

I will post the Dates Soon..
#10February 2nd, 2008 · 10:57 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
personally, i support the idea 100%  i don't know what i'll be up to at that point, but this get together may be plausible for myself as well. i'm in KY, but i'll be moving out a little further west.  i could have myself back around that direction for an event like this though...  we shall see, soon enough.

hoo-rah.  looking forward to those dates, to find out if it's possible for me.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 1st, 2024 · 6:04 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.