#1January 21st, 2008 · 09:49 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Start using Pownce!
Alright, so my initiative to get people using Twitter was a huge, major failure at best.  Pownce might be different.  Pownce (http://www.pownce.com) is a cross between instant messaging, quick-email, file/link/event sharing.  It's kind of cool, works really well, and is free.

The service is opening to the general public on midnight, but I have 28 invites for anyone who wants to try it now.  Alright!
#2January 23rd, 2008 · 06:58 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Why wanna draw people away from BandAMP? We have all we really need here. Pownce seems so complete it makes BandAMP obsolete. However, searching for a specific musicians site will not direct people to service-like sites such as pownce since it offers much more to a much wider variety of people.

This here, this little site called BandAMP, is what musicians are really after, and it already exists. And we're already there. If we want closer contact we can pm eachother or exchange email adresses and things will work out fine. We even have a chat... Though far from perfect, I've spent many a good long night on there.

I'm not looking for Pownce, Myspace, Facebook or other blog sites - just enjoy keeping it simple. I won't stop anyone who thinks otherwise... But still.

greets...
#3January 23rd, 2008 · 11:41 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
I really don't understand why people think I am trying to draw people away from the AMP.  This is useful if only for the file/link sharing.  No one is forcing you to use this, and the lack of response doesn't surprise me at all, given my previous failed attempts.
#4January 23rd, 2008 · 02:38 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yea! It's hard and lonely at the top ! 

I don't come here to go somewhere else.
except for your podcasts, or if I get distracted on some youTube link ! 

But what's wrong with skype and yahoo and the 'normal' channels people use anyway?
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 8:36 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.